Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2009, 12:46 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,972,882 times

Advertisements

I totally support gay marriage and gay rights in the workplace - and I'm an old lady but it's not fair to treat people differently because of their sexual orientation. And please, keep the bible thumping out of it, gays should have the same rights as straights, I believe that with all my heart and my husband thinks that way also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 01:11 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,990,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
I totally support gay marriage and gay rights in the workplace - and I'm an old lady but it's not fair to treat people differently because of their sexual orientation. And please, keep the bible thumping out of it, gays should have the same rights as straights, I believe that with all my heart and my husband thinks that way also.
you guys are awesome

-Thanks

Cody

Old 04-21-2009, 01:29 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinton Bound View Post

harborlady said: ...or are they so insecure in their own heterosexuality that they might be tempted to become gay themselves?

So, I must SUPPORT gay marriage, lest I be labeled a closet gay myself? I am against murder, does that mean I secretly want to be a killer too?
Strawman. There's no way you (or anyone) should have the power to vote whether or not any citizen in this country has rights. They are inalienable, and as such, cannot be GIVEN by gov't, but protected by gov't. Libertarians wanting to change their tune picking and choosing constitutional enforcement or denial of enforcement doesn't work. The same hypocrisy of religious clinging to first amendment but then forcing religious law on the courts. It applies to everyone or no one if we're all citizens on common ground.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:00 PM
BJC

336 posts, read 1,187,994 times
From Hinton FWIW, you cannot do or say whatever you want because you have "rights". Rights must be responsibly exercised. As to marriage (gay or straight), it is a privilege, not a right. Not sure of the difference? If you must ask permission (ie. apply or get a license), it's not a right.

This is truly the difference, NONE of us gay or straight have the "right" to marry.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:10 PM

515 posts, read 778,365 times
Quote:
So you chose to be straight? You could easily choose to be a homosexual but you choose to be heterosexual because of biblical reasons and to be accepted?
Yes, I chose to be straight because I'm attracted to the OPPOSITE sex just like nature intended it to be. If nature intended for us to be gay, the human population would have ceased to exist one generation after it had began. You wouldn't exist. It don't get any simpler than that .

Old 04-22-2009, 03:30 AM

1,981 posts, read 5,990,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomersBoy View Post
Yes, I chose to be straight because I'm attracted to the OPPOSITE sex just like nature intended it to be. If nature intended for us to be gay, the human population would have ceased to exist one generation after it had began. You wouldn't exist. It don't get any simpler than that .
ha ha so you're saying you choose who your attracted to? Wow!!! That is pretty cool, you must be the next step of the evolutionary process, or do you not believe in that either. See I don't choose who I'm attracted to, it just comes NATURALLY to me who I think is hot or good looking or who I think is fugly. All the people I'm attracted to happen to me men, so I'm gay.

Really I can't reproduce on my own? Well darn, I had no idea I couldn't do that with my boy friend. I've been wondering why we haven't gotten pregnant yet, we've sure been trying a lot. Thanks for clearing that up for me

Old 04-22-2009, 08:14 AM

967 posts, read 2,995,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Strawman. There's no way you (or anyone) should have the power to vote whether or not any citizen in this country has rights. They are inalienable, and as such, cannot be GIVEN by gov't, but protected by gov't. Libertarians wanting to change their tune picking and choosing constitutional enforcement or denial of enforcement doesn't work. The same hypocrisy of religious clinging to first amendment but then forcing religious law on the courts. It applies to everyone or no one if we're all citizens on common ground.
HL,
You throw out the inane statement that those who oppose gay marriage do so because "...they might be tempted to become gay...". As usual, instead of answering my question(s), you throw chaff and avoid providing any substantive comments.

I am fully aware of the difference between rights and privileges. Was there a point to your rambling?

As with your previous replies to posts in this thread, you write much, but say nothing.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:35 AM

967 posts, read 2,995,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
... I've been wondering why we haven't gotten pregnant yet...
Emphasis mine.

Another one of those societal cliches that irritate me! My wife and I weren't pregnant, SHE was. Until I pass a melon size human from my birthing canal, I wasn't pregnant!

Another baby related one: "Oh, Suzie had a baby boy last week". Really, it wasn't a teenager? Or a geriatric? Duh, of course it was a baby!

I've heard this one 2X this morning... "It's all good". No, it is not ALL good. I doubt my buddy with brain cancer thinks it's good.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:08 AM

515 posts, read 778,365 times
Quote:
See I don't choose who I'm attracted to, it just comes NATURALLY to me who I think is hot or good looking or who I think is fugly. All the people I'm attracted to happen to me men, so I'm gay.
You contradict yourself. Like I said, It's your choice and you choose men.

Quote:
Really I can't reproduce on my own? Well darn, I had no idea I couldn't do that with my boy friend. I've been wondering why we haven't gotten pregnant yet, we've sure been trying a lot.
Best news of the day........lol

Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up for me
Glad I could help.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:31 PM

345 posts, read 1,015,893 times
Default Am I the only one who thinks this thread is going on for WAY TOO LONG?

A topic such as this is supposed to be under "Politics!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia