Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 04:02 PM

1 posts, read 3,550 times

Advertisements

i know of a lady that lives near yeager airport that has 3 ghosts living in her kitchen and......a goat in her back yard that had his testies removed by placing a rubber band on them til they fell off......poor thing bellowed in pain for hours......i almost called the law......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007, 03:16 PM

306 posts, read 1,243,003 times
OUCH that poor goat>>>>>i bet that goat when he passes mite just haunt too..

Old 06-23-2009, 07:17 AM

33 posts, read 93,638 times
George Jones was once pulled over for riding a lawn mower while intoxicated. Not in WV though. Just thought I'd toss that in.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:00 AM

2,429 posts, read 7,233,956 times
I thought it was a big ole John Deere. Turned it into a hit song, if I'm not mistaken.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:36 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,036,538 times
Some guy near where I lived in Connecticut got a DUI for riding drunk on his bicycle. And, they will get you in a boat too.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:55 PM

515 posts, read 777,852 times
I was riding my bicycle on the North Bend Rail Trail and was in Dodridge County near West Union when I spoted a station wagon in the distance coming towards me on a road that runs parallel to the trail. The driver looked to be a young man in his middle teens and the passenger about the same age sitting in the back seat on the opposite side. Both were grinning like a coon in a corn field with all the dogs tied up and I knew they were up to something but I didn't know what. As they got closer I could see the boy in the back had his arm out the window and was dragging something. When they passed and was driving away, I coud see it was a deer that they had either poached or found dead along the highway and I'm guessing they were taking it home to eat.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:16 PM

404 posts, read 1,187,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomersBoy View Post
I was riding my bicycle on the North Bend Rail Trail and was in Dodridge County near West Union when I spoted a station wagon in the distance coming towards me on a road that runs parallel to the trail. The driver looked to be a young man in his middle teens and the passenger about the same age sitting in the back seat on the opposite side. Both were grinning like a coon in a corn field with all the dogs tied up and I knew they were up to something but I didn't know what. As they got closer I could see the boy in the back had his arm out the window and was dragging something. When they passed and was driving away, I coud see it was a deer that they had either poached or found dead along the highway and I'm guessing they were taking it home to eat.

That wouldn't surprise any of the locals here!

Old 05-27-2010, 12:13 PM

18 posts, read 70,957 times
I only lived in WV to attend WVU but I remember that the only time there are traffic jams on the 4-lane highways is caused by either 1) tractor-trailer jackknife or 2) someone killed a black bear and everyone would stop their cars and look at it going "yep... thats a black bear allright...mmmmm, whose gonna to take it home?"

Old 05-28-2010, 06:12 PM

95 posts, read 290,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janipoo View Post
Since we have only been residents for a month and a half it is funny when my daughter will see something and tell me. My roots are all from WV so I have heard a lot of WV jokes and have made some myself. I thought I would start this thread to have some fun.

One that we heard a week or so ago and we were saying only in WV.

A drunk man on his riding lawn mower wouldn't stop for the cops so the cop got out of his cruiser and chased him on foot and pulled him off of his mower......Only in WV!
We had a drunk here in Ga that stole a road scraper and drove it to get more booze..never underestimate a drunk.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:39 AM

307 posts, read 692,022 times
**sigh**
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia