Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2013, 09:21 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,872,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurseOfWilmore View Post
Sorry for the link it's www.wvkingcoal.com, Anybody can view the whole Economic Impact Statement if you like. This is just for the King Coal Highway, not the CFX.
LOL,

that is your support?

Seriously you are using the king coal official site? Why dont we ask the NK propaganda ministry how they are doing while they are at it.

Please find a neutral 3rd party. I dare you. They all say how wasteful it is.

Good luck bubba.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:43 PM

708 posts, read 1,156,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
LOL,

that is your support?

Seriously you are using the king coal official site? Why dont we ask the NK propaganda ministry how they are doing while they are at it.

Please find a neutral 3rd party. I dare you. They all say how wasteful it is.

Good luck bubba.
Because the King Coal site has the independent Economic Impact Statement, maps, and other related info.

The Economic impact Statement was completed by Chmura Economics & Analytics.

Chmura Economics & Analytics, headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, is an economic consulting firm specializing in applied economics. Since 1999, the firm’s economic impact studies have centered on many different topics including highways, airports, tourism, and mixed-use developments.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:49 PM

Find a negative Economic impact Statement for this project, I Dare You, Bubba.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:55 PM

http://www.virginiadot.org/projects/...re_1_16_13.pdf

This is the Coalfields Expressway project information and Impact Statement on the Virginia side, from the Virginia Dept. of Transportation, but as well all know, the Coal Companies bought them off too, with their plans of World Domination.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Find a negative Economic impact Statement for this project, I Dare You, Bubba.
I already did look at the first post.

This road is infamous for being stupid.

Also I dont have to prove negative.

It is like proving bigfoot doesnt exist. You have to prove bigfoot exist, not the other way around.

Your source had no statistics and was the official kingcoal website.

So by all means show this will create economic development. Show a neutral source with actual research. I dare you.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:
http://www.virginiadot.org/projects/...re_1_16_13.pdf

This is the Coalfields Expressway project information and Impact Statement on the Virginia side, from the Virginia Dept. of Transportation, but as well all know, the Coal Companies bought them off too, with their plans of World Domination.
Probably, but irrelevant to WV.

I ask you to find a neutral 3rd party source with research. Not propaganda relating to Virginia.

I dare you bubba.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:25 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,039,100 times
Look at these two alternatives (just for example) and seriously tell me which would be of more benefit to the State of West Virginia.

Alternative 1 ... complete the King Coal Highway at a cost of hundreds of millions of dollars, bring about nice access to the new High School outside of Welch and linking Welch with its 2,400 people to Logan with its 1,800 people.

Alternative 2 ... complete a four lane WV Route 2 from Chester (located near the new Shell gas fracking facility) to Huntington, linking the populations of Weirton, Wheeling, Moundsville, Parkersburg, and Huntington along with the industrial Ohio Valley to the wet gas fields, also at a cost of hundreds of millions of dollars.

After you've done that evaluation, you can also compare Alternative 1 ... King Coal with

Alternative 3 ... complete the infrastructure necessary to expedite traffic through prosperous Morgantown to the nearby Interstate highways, at a significantly lower cost than either Alternatives 1 or 2, and help continue the economic development that is benefitting the entire state in a city that just yesterday announced the need to hire 350 more people, with a whole lot more on the way within the next 3 years, and in a situation where folks are already struggling to make it to work due to traffic congestion.

I think you'll have to agree that either Alternative 2 or Alternative 3 easily trumps Alternative 1.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Probably, but irrelevant to WV.

I ask you to find a neutral 3rd party source with research. Not propaganda relating to Virginia.

I dare you bubba.
Well by this Logic why did you even post the original article that started this whole month long debate/thread that was based in State of Virginia in a West Virginia Forum? Let me answer that question for you because you thought you were slick and posted the something without knowing the full information of the Project.

I ask you to find a Third Party Source that shows this is a economic mistake, I Dare You Bubba.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Look at these two alternatives (just for example) and seriously tell me which would be of more benefit to the State of West Virginia.

Alternative 1 ... complete the King Coal Highway at a cost of hundreds of millions of dollars, bring about nice access to the new High School outside of Welch and linking Welch with its 2,400 people to Logan with its 1,800 people.

Alternative 2 ... complete a four lane WV Route 2 from Chester (located near the new Shell gas fracking facility) to Huntington, linking the populations of Weirton, Wheeling, Moundsville, Parkersburg, and Huntington along with the industrial Ohio Valley to the wet gas fields, also at a cost of hundreds of millions of dollars.

After you've done that evaluation, you can also compare Alternative 1 ... King Coal with

Alternative 3 ... complete the infrastructure necessary to expedite traffic through prosperous Morgantown to the nearby Interstate highways, at a significantly lower cost than either Alternatives 1 or 2, and help continue the economic development that is benefitting the entire state in a city that just yesterday announced the need to hire 350 more people, with a whole lot more on the way within the next 3 years, and in a situation where folks are already struggling to make it to work due to traffic congestion.

I think you'll have to agree that either Alternative 2 or Alternative 3 easily trumps Alternative 1.
Your misinformed CT, the High School is in Mingo County down the road from the 3 Billion Coal to Synthetic Gas plant.

The route goes from Welch to Williamson, not Logan.

Route 2 is a pretty safe, straight road along the Ohio River, the Shale Gas boom will bust 20 years down the line.

Morgantown has 2 Interstates, Several Expressways, 6 interchanges and a population of 15,000 people that leave for 4 months at a time. And from previous statements there is no room to build highways in Morgantown, that it is a poorly planned city.

You may want to work on your Alternates again.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post

But let me just say I'm not against 4 lane Route 2, nor helping improve Morgantown traffic. I also hope they can get the Corridor H/Route 33/219/48/WV 9 built to the EP constructed and finished. I want to see WV prosper, the SWV projects have been in play a long time but not built.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia