Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 06:01 AM

46 posts, read 67,754 times

Advertisements

Wow! This is a prime example of why nothing ever gets resolved in politics. If the two controlling political parties in this country could actually get together and do something good for the common man it would be a miracle!
They're too busy trying to get the upper hand on each other rather than doing what they were elected to do in the first place.

I'm not a troll either, I grew up in WV and I currently reside in Nicholas County! I'm also a Democrat and my father was a coal miner and I'm self employed. Just a little bit of my background for those that require it. You know who you are!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 10:30 AM

939 posts, read 1,892,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieclod View Post
Wow! This is a prime example of why nothing ever gets resolved in politics. If the two controlling political parties in this country could actually get together and do something good for the common man it would be a miracle!
They're too busy trying to get the upper hand on each other rather than doing what they were elected to do in the first place.

I'm not a troll either, I grew up in WV and I currently reside in Nicholas County! I'm also a Democrat and my father was a coal miner and I'm self employed. Just a little bit of my background for those that require it. You know who you are!!
One party actually does try to work together, and they get screwed constantly because of it. The other party will protest and fight literally everything Obama does, even if it is something they previously lobbied for or proposed, simply because they're still devoted to make him a one term president (too late suckers!).

Old 02-15-2013, 11:12 AM

2,290 posts, read 3,825,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavoFring View Post
One party actually does try to work together, and they get screwed constantly because of it. The other party will protest and fight literally everything Obama does, even if it is something they previously lobbied for or proposed, simply because they're still devoted to make him a one term president (too late suckers!).
Exactly. The "both parties suck!" equivalency argument is off base. One party is clearly much more destructive than the other.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:

Very True!!

Old 02-15-2013, 01:43 PM

16,662 posts, read 15,654,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieclod View Post

Welcome to the forum. Nobody said you were a troll. Do you think Hillary could win in WV in 2016?

Old 02-15-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Welcome to the forum. Nobody said you were a troll. Do you think Hillary could win in WV in 2016?

Thanks, I just wanted to make that clear. I just jumped into the converstion, sometimes trolls will jump in on a thread just to stir it up trouble.

If she runs she may have a very good chance. Have to wait and see if she does. I'm sure she would have alot of support. Hillary seems to be a very intelligent woman and she's been around politics for many years. Given her experience I think she could do a good job. Couldn't do any worse. LOL

America made history by voting Obama into office, and we did it twice! So maybe we can do it again by electing a female president!

I think this would show the rest of the world that America is making progress and moving forward.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:58 PM

677 posts, read 933,604 times
Quote:
Well, she ain't no commie muslim fascist ferner , so she might have a shot.
Ya know something...........it's behind sick, twisted, demented, ignorant comments & logic like this will be the reason the republicans will never see the White House in your lifetime again, ever!!! You republicans/conservatives had your shot with Romney & ya see how well that worked out, LOL!! All your coal loving rhetoric while coal companies are blowing up mountain tops killing the ecolog of WV sits well with you but not with the majority. If you & the likes of you would get your heads out of Limbaughs' crack & come up for fresh air you might see things the way they really are, not the way you imagine them to be. Referring to Pres Obama as the Messiah is Limbaugh vomit that you regurgitated. It sickens me to think of states like WV & KY where poverty is extreme & that they would vote for the GOP that stands for the rich & big business & screw the little guy...........just how dumb, backwards, & stupid can you be........obviously very.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassySpice View Post
Ya know something...........it's behind sick, twisted, demented, ignorant comments & logic like this will be the reason the republicans will never see the White House in your lifetime again, ever!!! You republicans/conservatives had your shot with Romney & ya see how well that worked out, LOL!! All your coal loving rhetoric while coal companies are blowing up mountain tops killing the ecolog of WV sits well with you but not with the majority. If you & the likes of you would get your heads out of Limbaughs' crack & come up for fresh air you might see things the way they really are, not the way you imagine them to be. Referring to Pres Obama as the Messiah is Limbaugh vomit that you regurgitated. It sickens me to think of states like WV & KY where poverty is extreme & that they would vote for the GOP that stands for the rich & big business & screw the little guy...........just how dumb, backwards, & stupid can you be........obviously very.

I have to say, I like the way you think!!

Old 02-16-2013, 01:02 AM

537 posts, read 958,308 times
I'm Independent -- I like to keep my options open since I hate both parties.

Before the last decade or so, I used to want an even split in power between the parties. That meant they'd have to compromise, and that would mean most policies somewhere around center, which is where I reside.

But lately, as some of you have mentioned, the Republicans seem to be interested in only one thing: their own power. They're not working for America, they're working (if you can call it that) for themselves.

So given that, lately I find myself voting all Democrat all the time! I don't really like it, and I don't even think I'll particularly like the results... but it's better than the alternative.

And I hope that someday soon the Republicans get their heads out of their @sses, come back to center a bit, and rejoin the political process, the way it was intended.

Just one man's opinion. Go Hillary!

Old 02-16-2013, 11:37 AM

939 posts, read 1,892,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SassySpice View Post
if my spelling of "foreigner" didn't hint at the facetious nature of my comment, I'm not sure what else could have...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia