Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 07:26 AM

1 posts, read 4,084 times

Advertisements

confusedTee, I have never taken the tours but I hear thier great. I can only tell you this much my father spent 18 months on the inside about 45 yrs ago. And with the stories he told of things that went on in there you better watch yourself. There were some really nasty people locked up there and things they did on the inside were worse then what got them put there to start with. But let me know how it goes. Givin the chance on a visit home I would love to do the night tour, I'm crazy like that, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 09:30 AM

638 posts, read 1,848,618 times
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/r601020/WV%20Publish/200805326c.jpg (broken link)

"During the Civil War two women were tried at drum-head court martial as spies and brought to this spot, shot and buried. In 1904 their remains were disinterred when a road was built and re-buried near this stone."

Carriage Trail
Charleston, WV

"Originally built by the later, Gov. MacCorkle in the mid 1800's it sits on the crest of a hill above downtown. Gov. MacCorkle has been seen by numerous visitors and staff in and around the museum. Home to the graves of two unidentified young women found murdered on the grounds who are rumored to still seek justice for their murder to this day. The old carriage trail is barely noticeable from the train platform, but driving up the hill on the right side of the forked road motorists can see a clear wide carriage road leading to what is now Sunrise Museum. Vagrants and homeless people are said to spend some nights near the bottom of the trail waiting for a train to hop, and high school students sometimes wander the trail at the top of the trail behind the museum. No one ventures past the desecrated statue of a Our Lady. A dark spot exists in summer and winter at the second curve from the top of the trail."
Haunted Places in West Virginia - West Virginia Ghost Hunters

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/r601020/WV%20Publish/200805313c.jpg (broken link)

C & O Train Depot
Charleston, WV

"On the bank of the Kanawha River, at the train depot, just at the bottom of the exclusive South Hills mountain drive, the Charleston Train Depot rivals any 19th century European Town Center. At the depot, flanked by the river on one side and a winding suburban mountain road also exists a carriage trail which led, in days gone by, to the Governors Mansion. The depot has a restaurant and a scenic view."
Haunted Places in West Virginia - West Virginia Ghost Hunters

Old 08-20-2008, 06:33 PM

566 posts, read 1,578,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedTee View Post
OMG i want to get up to that state pen..one day..man i was hoping to make it by the end of oct..boy that place looks wicked even in the day time......

i have been surfing some sites on ghosts tours and spooky adventures..have anyone been to any of these it doesn't matter just as long as in WV..
We went to tour Moundsville one year, we didn't think about it when we left, but it happened to be when they were doing the Halloween spook house. I could tell you a couple of things about it, but don't want to ruin it for you.

I stopped in the gift shop and bought a 'West Virginia State Penitentiary' t-shirt with the dates on it. Some people think I did time when they see it. My dear old Mother, bless her heart, asked me when I was in prison. Ummm, when I took the tour Mom.

My dad was a guard there while he was in college.

I could tell you some stories told to me by an ex-con from there, but they're not appropriate here. Something someone did during a prison riot to keep the guards from touching him.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:36 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,373,763 times
What was interesting was hearing stories coming out of little coal mining towns - stories people told of spooky things they saw and that happened to them. My grandma sure had quite a few of hers and her relatives.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:05 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,349,256 times
People are dying to get out of West Virginia, then when they do die they can't bring themselves to leave so they haunt the place.

Old 08-22-2008, 05:56 PM

246 posts, read 880,450 times
I have a place in Fayette county that i think is haunted. It has ghost orbs in the pictures. They seem to be friendly and mischevious. I've got pictures if you want to see.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:26 PM

63 posts, read 200,213 times
Why yes, I would love to see them if you have a moment to share the pictures! Thank you.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:50 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
TAPS also did a program on the Lunatic Asylum in Weston.

Old 08-23-2008, 02:19 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,349,256 times
I have a good friend in Parkersburg that sends me pix of his "orbs" in his basement.

Old 08-23-2008, 06:26 AM

246 posts, read 880,450 times
here is /are the ghost(s). I usually erase the pictures but some have had several hundred orbs in them. One was blood red, one was dark blue. If you get a cold chill and hear some rapping noise that means they are about. If i grab the camera i can get a shot of them. I put the camera on timer and they are around me. I have been away and when i return one time a chair was knocked over and a small lamp another time. Sometimes they will awaken me by (it seems) running across my chest. I had my hair flicked once. I see shadow things all the time. I hear strange noises that i can't find and like no other. They don't seem mean though. Next time i'm up there i will egt some better shots of them.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn226/zuluwva/Picture003-1.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia