Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 11:28 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,871,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westvirginiafan1 View Post
Cry - you seen enough, or do you want to see more? Quit bragging on how Motown is better than anyplace else in WV- this crap doesn't happen anywhere else in WV, so there's not much to brag about.
Nope, im loving it.

Brings back fun memories.

Morgantown is the youngest, coolest, most educated, and healthiest.

You know what crap happens everywhere else in WV? Unemployment, obesity, and meth. Ill take a good celebration on one street over that anyday. Post away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
This is disturbing - wouldn't want me, my wife or kids anywhere near a town where this goes on:
Not really, just students having fun in the student ghetto.

Beats unemployment and obesity.

Families come for the jobs stay for the great city.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
Since my view is based in reality I would be more than happy to prove it. Rankings such as the one you listed use info from Gallup. Gallup only uses data from large MSAs of which there are only 4 that are within the border of WV. Of those, Huntington and Charleston are the only 2 to be the main cities of their MSA. So if you are comparing only those 2 and saying the Huntington MSA is slightly more obese than the Charleston MSA, then you would be correct. Here is the report for West Virginia from the above study: http://www.well-beingindex.com/files...tateReport.pdf

Now your claim was that the city of Huntington was the most obese city in WV when compared to all of the other cities in the state. You weren't referring to county data, just city limits. I'm still waiting for this list with data from every city in the state. Are you going to admit that no such list and comparison exists or are you going to continue to let your hatred make you look foolish?
So by your own admission it is the fattest city in WV?

What a waste of time on your part. All you did was confirm what I was saying from another source strengthening my point.

Are you going to admit I was right about Huntington or are you going to let your blind promotion of Huntington make you look Foolish?

Old 03-10-2013, 11:41 AM

51 posts, read 101,122 times
Quote:
Poor quality food (especially corn and its by-products) is heavily subsidized by the US government.
That's why they put corn syrup in everything including the soda,but it sure doesn't improve the taste.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunwilt View Post
That's why they put corn syrup in everything including the soda,but it sure doesn't improve the taste.
It makes things taste worst, makes you get fat, and causes all types of ill health effects.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:00 PM

4,952 posts, read 8,946,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
So by your own admission it is the fattest city in WV?

What a waste of time on your part. All you did was confirm what I was saying from another source strengthening my point.

Are you going to admit I was right about Huntington or are you going to let your blind promotion of Huntington make you look Foolish?
You claimed Huntington was the most obese of all of the cities in WV. You have provided no proof for this as all means more than just Huntington and Charleston. You also claimed you meant just in the city, not even the county the city was in. MSAs are made up of multiple counties therefore outside of your criteria as well. I'll even make it easier, provide a list with a link of the obesity rates on the 10 largest cities in WV. I will gladly admit you are right if you show me proof of your claim.

No such data exists though. You just can't admit your statement was wrong. Or more accurately don't want to admit it because it would shatter one of the foundations of your existence on this board.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
You claimed Huntington was the most obese of all of the cities in WV. You have provided no proof for this as all means more than just Huntington and Charleston. You also claimed you meant just in the city, not even the county the city was in. MSAs are made up of multiple counties therefore outside of your criteria as well. I'll even make it easier, provide a list with a link of the obesity rates on the 10 largest cities in WV. I will gladly admit you are right if you show me proof of your claim.

No such data exists though. You just can't admit your statement was wrong. Or more accurately don't want to admit it because it would shatter one of the foundations of your existence on this board.
It is the 3rd fattest city in the US. The 2 above it are not in WV. Anyone that went to a real school could easily figure this out.

You can deny the truth all you want. Huntington is the fattest city in WV, 3rd fattest in the US, was the fattest in the US for many years, and one of the fattest in the world. Admit it or make a fool of yourself.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:08 PM

4,952 posts, read 8,946,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
It is the 3rd fattest city in the US. The 2 above it are not in WV. Anyone that went to a real school could easily figure this out.

You can deny the truth all you want. Huntington is the fattest city in WV, 3rd fattest in the US, was the fattest in the US for many years, and one of the fattest in the world. Admit it or make a fool of yourself.
Apparently you didn't go to a real school. The Gallup data only looks at the 189 large metro areas and even says so in the data. Here's the quote:
Quote:
*Ranking of 189 Metropolitan Statictical Areas, following U.S. Census Bureau Definitions for Metropolitan Statistical Areas
Only two cities in WV can be singled out in that data, the only two real cities. It doesn't mean the cities not looked at are better by default.

You said Huntington was the worst in all of WV for obesity. A map was shown and another link given with the lowest population breakdown possible showing that Cabell County, where Huntington is, is one of the better counties in the state for obesity, not the worst.

I guess you have nothing to support your claim then? No list or data with all of the cities in WV or even the top 10? In other words it's just more mindless, hate filled drivel from you then. It's sad that's your existence on this board.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:11 PM

2,021 posts, read 4,611,712 times
Quote:
This is disturbing - wouldn't want me, my wife or kids anywhere near a town where this goes on:

I am not trying to take sides in this debate but this photo is from State College, PA after the Jerry Sandusky/ Joe Paterno debacle...not Morgantown.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Apparently you didn't go to a real school. The Gallup data only looks at the 189 large metro areas and even says so in the data. Here's the quote: Only two cities in WV can be singled out in that data, the only two real cities. It doesn't mean the cities not looked at are better by default.

You said Huntington was the worst in all of WV for obesity. A map was shown and another link given with the lowest population breakdown possible showing that Cabell County, where Huntington is, is one of the better counties in the state for obesity, not the worst.

I guess you have nothing to support your claim then? No list or data with all of the cities in WV or even the top 10? In other words it's just more mindless, hate filled drivel from you then. It's sad that's your existence on this board.
Look I know with your Marshall education you can't grasp it but the proof is right there in front of you. Perhaps Cabell county is not the fattest but that is irrelevant. We are talking about the CITY of Huntington which is the fattest in WV and the 3rd fattest in the country.

The proof is there. If you have proof otherwise I invite you to share it but you don't. Admit you are wrong and I am right or show proof. Your existence on this board is mindless promotion of Huntington and denial of its sad state. It is pathetic..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia