Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2013, 02:23 PM

2,429 posts, read 7,238,167 times

Advertisements

Is it just my old eyes, or is the Mountaineer uniform color a much more Navy Blue shade than in previous years, which I thought looked almost black?

By the way, the combination of navy jersey with white pants isn't working for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2013, 04:00 AM

708 posts, read 1,157,778 times
The jersey combos suck this year, from the atrocious lettering/numbering to the black on the sleeves, this team's colors don't match what the fan base is wearing and that's a bad look for us.

Old 12-01-2013, 06:30 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,050,416 times
There are numerous color combinations for uniforms and helmets that are in use these days. Players don't like to wear the same combination twice in a row. They vote on what they will wear in a particular game. It is the new trend. Oregon started it, and it is spreading all over.

Old 12-01-2013, 06:35 PM

708 posts, read 1,157,778 times
I liked the retro WV Throwback helmet we wore against Texas, those were pretty cool. I know the players vote on what unis the wear for the game but this years whole uniform selection sucks. The difference between us and Oregon's unis is that Oregon's color scheme and selections are given a lot more design work due to Nike's CEO Phil Knights involvement and contributions to the University of Oregon. Those Vietnamese worked hard to make all those Nike branded jerseys, even these WVU Therma Fit shorts i have on as well. Those workers make around $75 a month, kind of makes Nike look like a company that exploits workers. Oregon's football locker room and athletic complex is by far the best in the country, you can thank the Vietnamese for that. Maryland tried to get outrageous with there uniforms but fell short on the cool factor.

Seriously I could design better uniforms than what was worn this year and I hope they are changed by next season.

Does Dana Holgerson think he is College Football's Johnny Cash dressed in black all the time?

Old 12-02-2013, 09:03 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,050,416 times
That's all a matter of opinion. Personally, I like the looks of the new uniforms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia