Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 05:38 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,870,594 times

Advertisements

During another conversation I came with a plan to save the state of WV that is nothing short of a miracle.

We should make SWV a special economic zone where no environmental protections exist and use it to power the rest of the country using coal. All coal plants in the rest of the country will be shut down. This will move all environmental damage to one area of the country that is already behind any hope and save the economy od SWV. With all the coal plants there will be lots of jobs and actual infrastructure will be needed.

Curse, you're welcome. Some people charge a lot of money for brillance like this, but I do it for my love of all of WV. I also move that Huntington be included.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:49 PM

1,946 posts, read 4,070,301 times
That's 30 seconds wasted that I will never get back.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdashocker View Post
That's 30 seconds wasted that I will never get back.
Dont worry the reduced pollution will more than make up for it.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:19 PM

708 posts, read 1,156,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
During another conversation I came with a plan to save the state of WV that is nothing short of a miracle.

We should make SWV a special economic zone where no environmental protections exist and use it to power the rest of the country using coal. All coal plants in the rest of the country will be shut down. This will move all environmental damage to one area of the country that is already behind any hope and save the economy od SWV. With all the coal plants there will be lots of jobs and actual infrastructure will be needed.

Curse, you're welcome. Some people charge a lot of money for brillance like this, but I do it for my love of all of WV. I also move that Huntington be included.
Simply Amazing, to think you just work at some job in someplace. Why are you not in some type of leadership position? A man who truly cares about the people of WV and the Environment. Your talents are truly being wasted not being in pubic service.

That being said, I don't mind clean coal power plants like the one that was built in St. Paul, Va that are compliant to stringent EPA emissions standards.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...43828540,d.dmg

The only issue with your plan is that you put to far of a negative value on the people of SWV and Huntington for that matter. There are real people here, who live real lives. It's no secret that coal has been the lifeblood of this area, and for most of the State of WV for the past 100 years, North and South. This state wouldn't have much of anything if not for coal. I only blame the State for not providing basic infrastructure and helping to diversify the economy. Not every town in this state can have a major state funded college that experienced growth over the past 10 years. This area is not a wasteland, we have parks, trails, wildlife, and some of the best people in the world.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Dont worry the reduced pollution will more than make up for it.
I'm glad you care so much for our well being down here.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurseOfWilmore View Post
Simply Amazing, to think you just work at some job in someplace. Why are you not in some type of leadership position? A man who truly cares about the people of WV and the Environment. Your talents are truly being wasted not being in pubic service.

That being said, I don't mind clean coal power plants like the one that was built in St. Paul, Va that are compliant to stringent EPA emissions standards.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...43828540,d.dmg

The only issue with your plan is that you put to far of a negative value on the people of SWV and Huntington for that matter. There are real people here, who live real lives. It's no secret that coal has been the lifeblood of this area, and for most of the State of WV for the past 100 years, North and South. This state wouldn't have much of anything if not for coal. I only blame the State for not providing basic infrastructure and helping to diversify the economy. Not every town in this state can have a major state funded college that experienced growth over the past 10 years. This area is not a wasteland, we have parks, trails, wildlife, and some of the best people in the world.
I thought you would be happy with the plan.

You made it clear that you dont care about the environment.

Those areas need jobs. This plan would provide them. It would also eliminate a big source of pollution in 99% of the country. It is win-win for everyone.

Like I said under such a plan improved infrastructure in SWV would be justified.

You get everything you want.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
I'm glad you care so much for our well being down here.
What you area needs is jobs.

Also, I thought you were from Charleston, which needs jobs too, but wasnt included as part of the plan.

Most of these areas are so polluted and unhealthy that the effects of all the coal plants in the country being located there would be negligible.

Also, im not against them being cleaner plants.

This is really not a bad idea.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:58 PM

A ton of isolated coal powered plants would create so much acid rain that the entire northeast corridor of the US would decay faster than an alka-seltzer

Old 03-14-2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:
A ton of isolated coal powered plants would create so much acid rain that the entire northeast corridor of the US would decay faster than an alka-seltzer
Mmm, there must be a way to keep it all in SWV.

That could be a valid point though. I didnt think of Acid Rain, but I was afraid the pollution could travel outside of it. Maybe we could pump into the ground instead of the air?

Old 03-14-2013, 07:35 PM

708 posts, read 1,156,549 times
Quote:
Mmm, there must be a way to keep it all in SWV.

That could be a valid point though. I didnt think of Acid Rain, but I was afraid the pollution could travel outside of it. Maybe we could pump into the ground instead of the air?
I know a real nice isolated place we can pump it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia