Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2007, 05:00 AM

76 posts, read 364,021 times

Advertisements

I would like to live in an area that has a mixed diversity of people. Which of these two counties have that? I currently live in Montgomery county were there is a well mixed of diverse people here.

Or is there any other place in West Virginia (near the Marc Train) Please, Help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 07:13 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,315,952 times
I had to laugh...You're living in Montgomery county now...so moving to Germantown will not help the situation.

Jefferson and Morgan counties have the same problem. Move 200,000 Marylanders and Virginian's there in a 20 year period to excape high taxes.
Add to the burden of their cities, infrastructure...the demand for new teacherless schools and other services...create an environment of diversity for the newcomers..
Do all this with no zoning and a legislature that is 250 miles away...
many think this region is still part of Virginia. Some know that apples are grown here.

This region is trying to cope with the influx of crime and drug related crime. It will take years to solve these problems as the local and county governments are out manned and must rely on their own resoures to manage this problem.
Can you visualize a 300 pound infant needing feeding and a diaper change every 3 hours...and his normal sized parents are wondering what he will look like when he grows up? That is the situation in our eastern panhandle...
We really should shut down that border or give the panhandle back to Virginia.

It's a long ride on the Marc Train....to me the money is the same...(Housing costs a little lower but made up on the cost of commuting) How do you put a price on the time lost on the commute? If you want to move there, do so. I think you will be taking on more problems than you have...Move...you can always moveback...good luck.

Diversity? It's a neighborhood filled with the people from Leesburg, Reston, Germantown and Columbia who didn't like their town 10 years ago and moved further out. You will be the 'newbie'.

Old 11-05-2007, 01:45 PM

19,771 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
I had to laugh...You're living in Montgomery county now...so moving to Germantown will not help the situation.

Jefferson and Morgan counties have the same problem. Move 200,000 Marylanders and Virginian's there in a 20 year period to excape high taxes.
Add to the burden of their cities, infrastructure...the demand for new teacherless schools and other services...create an environment of diversity for the newcomers..
Do all this with no zoning and a legislature that is 250 miles away...
many think this region is still part of Virginia. Some know that apples are grown here.

This region is trying to cope with the influx of crime and drug related crime. It will take years to solve these problems as the local and county governments are out manned and must rely on their own resoures to manage this problem.
Can you visualize a 300 pound infant needing feeding and a diaper change every 3 hours...and his normal sized parents are wondering what he will look like when he grows up? That is the situation in our eastern panhandle...
We really should shut down that border or give the panhandle back to Virginia.

It's a long ride on the Marc Train....to me the money is the same...(Housing costs a little lower but made up on the cost of commuting) How do you put a price on the time lost on the commute? If you want to move there, do so. I think you will be taking on more problems than you have...Move...you can always moveback...good luck.

Diversity? It's a neighborhood filled with the people from Leesburg, Reston, Germantown and Columbia who didn't like their town 10 years ago and moved further out. You will be the 'newbie'.
Eh, my neighborhood in Inwood is mostly folks that live and work in the Shenandoah region. 30 some homes, each homesite no less than 3 acres, most around 6 acres.. We have 2 Af/Am families, an oriental family, Italian ancestry, German... you name it. I'd say we're multicultural. At least we all pitch in when we slaughter hogs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia