Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 04:38 PM

4,953 posts, read 8,949,212 times

Advertisements

This forum is certainly a tool for helping to grow an area. Just look at the posts where people are looking for advice on where to move. And this is just the people who actually post. There are countless others who read through what has already been posted.

And if you claim to post all of the information for Morgantown, maybe you'll start adding all of the things listed above. That way, you can be more complete and truthful for the area you claim to know. Otherwise, you are just being a hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 04:40 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,874,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
This forum is certainly a tool for helping to grow an area. Just look at the posts where people are looking for advice on where to move. And this is just the people who actually post. There are countless others who read through what has already been posted.

And if you claim to post all of the information for Morgantown, maybe you'll start adding all of the things listed above. That way, you can be more complete and truthful for the area you claim to know. Otherwise, you are just being a hypocrite.
Sure!

We can show our cities award lists and the negatives. On every thread we can both do this.

Old 07-06-2013, 04:58 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
My goal is to help build up WV by helping to build up the Huntington area. If each poster would do that in kind, this would be a constructive and helpful forum. Some are on here only to build up their area and will tear down the entire rest of the state in order to do so. Rather than friendly competition to attract people to certain areas, some bring a no holds barred and at any cost attitude toward "winning" the competition.
We will be that way Thursday. My kids love Camden Park. The old classic rides are still a hoot even for me.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:01 PM

4,953 posts, read 8,949,212 times
My kids love it too. Sometimes it's the little things.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:06 PM

1,946 posts, read 4,072,052 times
Quote:
My kids love it too. Sometimes it's the little things.
My kids love it too, especially my 3 year old boy. We take them to play with their cousins every summer because they live in Ashland, and Ironton, so it's kind of in the middle of where they all live.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:21 PM

437 posts, read 649,521 times
When I do searches, to find the "best place for me to move", based on my own criteria, WVA comes up. And I too went through the Forums here about WVA, and was dismayed.

Then THIS thread came up, and I wanted to cyber hug the OP!

What are the AMAZING points about YOUR part of WVA, WHAT town/city do you recommend, and who would you like to see move into your town/city?

Forums are full of people just bored at their computer. Truth. A poster with a profile claiming to be a senior aged woman, could very well be a 19 year old guy, getting his kicks outta duping people. And this is more prevalent than is shown on statistics. Just ask one of your IT guru geek friends. *only if you know them personally, have met in person and trust they are who they SAY they are*

What do you LOVE about YOUR corner of WVA and where are you??? Thank you, OP... let's get this party started!!! WOOT!

bullie~

Old 07-12-2013, 06:55 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,041,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Most threads here go great as long as they in no way involve Morgantown.
I definitely take exception to that statement. Our city has much to offer. Anybody who has been here can tell you that. Is that a positive statement you just made? Just asking.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:22 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
The comment had nothing to do with the city itself.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:34 PM

437 posts, read 649,521 times
BACK ON TRACK, people.... the back and forth bullchit really serves NO purpose, unless someone is TRYING to be "RIGHT." Guess what? NO ONE IS RIGHT.

~move along folks... nothing to see here... the feature thread will be starting in a few seconds. Become familiar with the exits and if you must leave your seat to refresh your popcorn or get more snacks, be conscious of your fellow threaders.... ~

Oh how I love a good movie theatre reference... lol

NO offense to anyone in particular and no one at all, unless you feel guilt and wanna head to confession.
he he he

bullie~

Old 07-12-2013, 08:44 PM

6,075 posts, read 9,100,962 times
Edit, I owe it to my savior not to bicker!

I am almost 100% certain that 98% of the posters on this forum are trying in some respect to get along and work together to create a better image for WV through using citydata. The opinions expressed by only a couple of individuals (possibly one) do not reflect anything about the state, but yet undermine the true humble WVian spirit. I would go as far as saying that for the most part the posters on this forum get along with each other and have similar interests as far as promoting WV via online. It is those (possibly one) posters that post intentionally degrading material, and create a sense of coral, just to satisfy his or her own twisted agendas.

I honestly apologize for anything that I have posted that would cause a "brother or sister" to stumble on this forum. But we cannot ignore that at least one person (maybe more) has a heart issue, and seriously needs to take a break from posting on the WV forum. In fact, I'd recommend this person to not post until he or she can come to the point of realizing the damage they have done to this forum. I would be the first to extend forgiveness to this individual and welcome them with open arms back to our group here on the WV page of city-data.

Last edited by Chriscross309; 07-12-2013 at 08:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia