Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 07:49 AM

423 posts, read 1,237,660 times

Advertisements

good morning angellewis ....... i grew up in hancock county, and moved away over 20 years ago, which was when that area was heading downhill economically.

i'm just curious ....... do you work up in pittsburgh and commute to weirton? or do you actually work there in weirton? i'm always interested in hearing about folks moving there instead of away from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2007, 08:35 AM

148 posts, read 520,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billscamaros View Post
good morning angellewis ....... i grew up in hancock county, and moved away over 20 years ago, which was when that area was heading downhill economically.

i'm just curious ....... do you work up in pittsburgh and commute to weirton? or do you actually work there in weirton? i'm always interested in hearing about folks moving there instead of away from there.
I cut grass in Pgh with my husband every other friday. We only kept 6 ongoing customers.

Believe it or not Weirton is such a nice thriving town now. It is picking up. I am trying to get the job at Joann's in Steubenville Ohio since I used to work the one in Robinson Pa or at the Hilltop animal hospital. Either one of those.

We do travel to pgh twice a week to visit my husband's mother who is buried in Jefferson Memorial which is in Pleasant Hills Pa.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:18 PM

3 posts, read 4,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
Nick,
Geez, I forgot all about the "Privledge Tax" This money grab was instituted by good Ole Jay Rockefeller when he was Governor, signed off by A.James Manchin, and I'm sure supported still by his son the new Governor.

That is one of the issues they are having in Berkeley County now according to my parents. All you see are cars with Maryland and Virginia tags, which never seem to be changed to West By God.

As I may have stated before, Money has WV ranked #13 nationwide in overall taxation.
Actually WV ranks #21. Here is the Tax Foundation link where I found this information: http://www.taxfoundation.org/files/sr153.pdf (broken link)
This is quite an interesting special report. I suggest you all check it out.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:26 AM

2 posts, read 3,366 times
Does anyone know of any inspections stations in Fairmont WV that's not that thorough with inspections. I'm pretty sure my car would pass but I use to live in PA and would go to a inspection station that wasn't so thorough. I just had new brakes, tires, struts, motor mounts, put on a few months ago. I don't have any money for major repairs right now and I just need a sticker put on. Any suggestions?

Old 02-12-2010, 07:22 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,314,623 times
John Leezer's Auto Repair 5th and Gaston...common sense thorough and will not gouge you for money..

phone 304.363.6230

The last of the great old time garages...tell Johnny David Kennedy gave you the number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia