Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 02:57 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,882,478 times

Advertisements

If the EPA gets all they want, I will probably be arrested for flatulence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2013, 11:48 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,042,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkydawg View Post
I agree with a lot of what you say. BUT... the problem is that by your logic/standards, there are no jobs we should turn down, no matter what the impact on our environment. Because else the rich will just take the jobs elsewhere, where the labor is cheaper and they can pollute at will.

I don't accept that. Obviously, there's a balance, but environmental concerns are very real. We can't sell those out for short-term gain.
There is nothing short term about the systematic destruction of our middle class. The super rich in both political parties have been working on knocking them down to 3rd. world status for more than 3 decades now. As far as turning jobs down, how long has it been since you spent any significant time in one of the hundreds of cities that have literally been destroyed by sending jobs to cheap labor countries? With an unemployment rate of 10% (that is really more like 15% but hundreds of thousands have simply quit looking), which jobs would you turn down that would pull our people out of poverty? Personally, I can't think of any legitimate job that should be shuffled off some place else just to make the fat cats in Brooklyn richer.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:50 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,042,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjunkie View Post
If the EPA gets all they want, I will probably be arrested for flatulence.
Believe it or not, a segment of the wacko contingent actually tried to blame "global" warming on cow crap. I happen to believe a lot more of it takes place because of political hot air.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:45 PM

282 posts, read 484,768 times
I'm for clean air as much as anybody but the state really needs this project. It will bring billions into our economy, not just from the plants directly, but from all the other businesses that will grow and prosper throughout the entire region. This is one of the greatest opportunities our state has seen in many, many years. Hopefully everything goes forward.

Old 11-17-2013, 05:01 PM

1,946 posts, read 4,072,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route50guy View Post
I'm for clean air as much as anybody but the state really needs this project. It will bring billions into our economy, not just from the plants directly, but from all the other businesses that will grow and prosper throughout the entire region. This is one of the greatest opportunities our state has seen in many, many years. Hopefully everything goes forward.
I totally agree
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia