Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2015, 02:15 PM

19,517 posts, read 9,540,055 times

Advertisements

A good brew pub/restaurant like BJ's (one near JCP at the FSK Mall in Frederick, Md) would be nice, and being WV, not MD they could probably refill growlers. That alone would get my hubby to stay local for every other weekend

I was thinking of how some of the stores, such as The As Seen On TV, moved out of the mall and yet that little mini golf (which I've never seen anyone go into) has remained open since (forever).

Also, as for Ranson area, I've seen prospect (drawing) for re-situated Duffield's MARC train station. Of course, like anything thought up (tempting promises), this could be 2020, 2025, 2030, or never materializes. The drawing/s did look nice though. It would make it enough for me to consider riding further out on the rail more often than driving to Brunswick, Md and then dealing with the 340 commute (esp around the area b4 the bridges going home - around summer). Most likely, I'd hopefully be retired by that time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 02:36 PM

Even before the Mall area entices more shopping/eating, they should really address the traffic situation by Lowe's/ Sheetz/ I81 going N (esp) as it is a nightmare for both locals as well as for visitor's to the area and you add in more 18 wheeler stuck between lights on busy days/holidays :hamd
Actually coming home from shopping trips to the Winchester area is no picnic either and if you ever need to make a stop off at the other Martin's (insane idea or one of those senior moments), fun, fun, fun (not) having to get over to the left lane to turn down there.

I'm surprised there aren't more accidents.
Add the additional P&G coming, more 18-wheelers (nothing against them, mind you) but I'm sure some will be lost, mis-directed or intentionally coming up from the direction of Charles Town going past KMart/Gabe's/ and Lowe's.

Old 02-11-2015, 05:46 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,605,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Even before the Mall area entices more shopping/eating, they should really address the traffic situation by Lowe's/ Sheetz/ I81 going N (esp) as it is a nightmare for both locals as well as for visitor's to the area and you add in more 18 wheeler stuck between lights on busy days/holidays :hamd
Actually coming home from shopping trips to the Winchester area is no picnic either and if you ever need to make a stop off at the other Martin's (insane idea or one of those senior moments), fun, fun, fun (not) having to get over to the left lane to turn down there.

I'm surprised there aren't more accidents.
Add the additional P&G coming, more 18-wheelers (nothing against them, mind you) but I'm sure some will be lost, mis-directed or intentionally coming up from the direction of Charles Town going past KMart/Gabe's/ and Lowe's.
Martinsburg seems to depend too much on one exit. High traffic counts, a result of overuse of one road/exit, is great for retailers looking to come to an area, but the traffic backups can be a nightmare.

Old 02-11-2015, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
A good brew pub/restaurant like BJ's (one near JCP at the FSK Mall in Frederick, Md) would be nice, and being WV, not MD they could probably refill growlers. That alone would get my hubby to stay local for every other weekend

I was thinking of how some of the stores, such as The As Seen On TV, moved out of the mall and yet that little mini golf (which I've never seen anyone go into) has remained open since (forever).

Also, as for Ranson area, I've seen prospect (drawing) for re-situated Duffield's MARC train station. Of course, like anything thought up (tempting promises), this could be 2020, 2025, 2030, or never materializes. The drawing/s did look nice though. It would make it enough for me to consider riding further out on the rail more often than driving to Brunswick, Md and then dealing with the 340 commute (esp around the area b4 the bridges going home - around summer). Most likely, I'd hopefully be retired by that time.
If I had to guess the restaurants, they'd probably be Panera Bread (we got partial confirmation on this earlier), Longhorn Steakhouse (Darden owns the nearby Olive Garden), and maybe something like Red Robin.

Old 02-11-2015, 06:06 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,511,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
If I had to guess the restaurants, they'd probably be Panera Bread (we got partial confirmation on this earlier), Longhorn Steakhouse (Darden owns the nearby Olive Garden), and maybe something like Red Robin.
Honestly, based on the site plans I have seen I can almost bet money those are the three. I'm not sure about the rest.

Old 02-12-2015, 05:01 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,521 times
Even before the Mall area entices more shopping/eating, they should really address the traffic situation by Lowe's/ Sheetz/ I81 going N (esp) as it is a nightmare for both locals as well as for visitor's to the area

Martinsburg seems to depend too much on one exit. High traffic counts, a result of overuse of one road/exit, is great for retailers looking to come to an area, but the traffic backups can be a nightmare

I agree wholeheartedly with this. Have been stuck in that traffic mess many a time......

Old 02-12-2015, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Red Robin would be nice. I thought at one time by the Mall anyways, that there was talk of the possibility of a Tilted Kilt coming in?

Old 02-12-2015, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Martinsburg seems to depend too much on one exit. High traffic counts, a result of overuse of one road/exit, is great for retailers looking to come to an area, but the traffic backups can be a nightmare.

There should be a requirement, before any additional stores/restaurants come in to any particular area that those on planning boards/highway construction, etc should have to drive in that area for at least 3 months during the busiest times.

Old 03-08-2015, 08:19 PM

Any recent rumors? Site work?

Old 03-10-2015, 02:37 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,511,546 times
Quote:
Any recent rumors? Site work?
Unfortunately, no and no. Although I did see a small construction vehicle on the site the other day. It was just sitting there, but today it is gone. I have a feeling The Shoppes at Foxcroft and even the Cornerstone development next to The Commons (Hilton Garden Inn, restaurant, apartments) will all be near completion before anything happens at the mall. I could be wrong (I hope I am), but the project seems to have gone dead...again. I hope I am wrong though and there is a lot of "behind the scenes" planning going on that we don't know about.

In other news, they put a big sign on the property where the Weis shopping plaza is planned. I didn't get a good look at it (too much traffic in the way) but I will try next time I go past there. It seemed to have a lot of information on it and a bunch of logos including Weis. -mmccul
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia