Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2015, 08:49 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,510,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Has anyone heard or seen anything pertaining to the redevelopment lately? During the winter months, it seems like companies do a lot to build excitement of potential new stores opening in spring/summer.
Nothing at all. No activity at the site, no media hype, no moving permits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 02:00 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,605,028 times
Does Berkeley County still have a database of planning/zoning submissions?

Old 01-27-2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Does Berkeley County still have a database of planning/zoning submissions?
Go to the lefthand side of this page and click "Online Resources" and select from the dropbox, you can find them there. The mall is in city limits, so it won't be in those databases. The city (as far as I am aware of) does not have a public database for planning. The only way you'll find out about such things is through meeting minutes, which can be found on the city's website.

Berkeley County Council

Old 01-27-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
Go to the lefthand side of this page and click "Online Resources" and select from the dropbox, you can find them there. The mall is in city limits, so it won't be in those databases. The city (as far as I am aware of) does not have a public database for planning. The only way you'll find out about such things is through meeting minutes, which can be found on the city's website.

Berkeley County Council
That's a great resource! I wish the county that I live in had similar software available to the public.

It may not help in the mall's case, but it's definitely interesting to see all of the proposed site plans!

Old 01-28-2015, 09:54 AM

Here is a link of minutes from a city council meeting back in July. It includes some information about the mall project on pages 2, 3 and 4. It also hints at the fact that redeveloping the Sears footprint into outparcels is only the beginning of their plans. It is described as "phase 1" with plans for "phase 2" in development.

http://tmcms.techmethods.com/tmcms_f...%20Minutes.pdf

Old 01-28-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
Here is a link of minutes from a city council meeting back in July. It includes some information about the mall project on pages 2, 3 and 4. It also hints at the fact that redeveloping the Sears footprint into outparcels is only the beginning of their plans. It is described as "phase 1" with plans for "phase 2" in development.

http://tmcms.techmethods.com/tmcms_f...%20Minutes.pdf
That's a good catch.

From what I can gather, it sounds like the whole project has been pushed back for some inexplicable reason. They mentioned coming back to get approval for the second phase in September, and that was nearly five months ago. To the best of my knowledge, a second phase was never presented.

Maybe they didn't lease the buildings as quickly as they imagined. If any building is going to take place in 2015, it would probably start this spring sometime. We'll have to keep an eye out for any activity.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
That's a good catch.

From what I can gather, it sounds like the whole project has been pushed back for some inexplicable reason. They mentioned coming back to get approval for the second phase in September, and that was nearly five months ago. To the best of my knowledge, a second phase was never presented.

Maybe they didn't lease the buildings as quickly as they imagined. If any building is going to take place in 2015, it would probably start this spring sometime. We'll have to keep an eye out for any activity.
There will be a city council meeting on February 11th. Hopefully it will be mentioned there.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:36 PM

862 posts, read 1,197,086 times
Coming from someone who used to live in Martinsburg I am glad to hear about the redevelopment that is taking place at Martinsburg Mall.

Here is one for you...at the time Martinsburg Mall had opened in the early 90's does anyone remember the other malls that were rumored to be coming to the four state area back then ?? I remember the rumor about a mall coming to the Charles Town/Ranson area plus I believe Front Royal back then was trying to get into the mall game as well. I know that WHAG-TV around 1993 or so had reported about a possible mall coming to Waynesboro, PA and I remember my parents telling me at around the same time about this massive mall being planned for Frederick. There were even rumors I can remember at the time that even Woodstock, VA was to be getting a mall too. Looking back now it's probably a good thing that those malls were never built otherwise the four-state region would be known as "..the land of dead malls".

Old 01-28-2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantan1968 View Post
Coming from someone who used to live in Martinsburg I am glad to hear about the redevelopment that is taking place at Martinsburg Mall.

Here is one for you...at the time Martinsburg Mall had opened in the early 90's does anyone remember the other malls that were rumored to be coming to the four state area back then ?? I remember the rumor about a mall coming to the Charles Town/Ranson area plus I believe Front Royal back then was trying to get into the mall game as well. I know that WHAG-TV around 1993 or so had reported about a possible mall coming to Waynesboro, PA and I remember my parents telling me at around the same time about this massive mall being planned for Frederick. There were even rumors I can remember at the time that even Woodstock, VA was to be getting a mall too. Looking back now it's probably a good thing that those malls were never built otherwise the four-state region would be known as "..the land of dead malls".
Wow, that's interesting. I would have never though that Charles Town and Ranson could have supported a mall in the early 90's. The construction boom that put the two towns on the map happened in the 2000's.

And technically, Waynesboro has a "mall" (it's where Kmart and Jubilee foods were). About half of Waynesboro's "mall" (which is really just a strip plaza) was torn down and is now the home of a new Martin's grocery store. It seems like Waynesboro residents do most of their shopping in Chambersburg or Hagerstown, so I can't imagine Waynesboro being able to support a mall. Heck, if Waynesboro has a true mall, it would be even more secluded than the failing Chambersburg Mall.

Old 02-09-2015, 01:21 PM

An article in The Journal a couple of days ago includes details about The Shoppes at Foxcroft. Construction is to begin the beginning of April. While it does not reveal tenant names, we already know from Segall's website two of them are Chipotle and Panda Express.

The concept plan for the building has changed dramatically on the brochure (second link). I'm not sure if I like the new look as well, but perhaps that will change again too depending on the tenants. -mmccul

Shoppes at Foxcroft proposal approved - Journal News | News, sports, jobs, community information for Martinsburg - The Journal

http://www.segallgroup.com/media/pro...t_brochure.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia