Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 05:27 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,399,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
We heard stories of MS-13 frequeting Charles Town races and Slots on the weekends. The car loads of thugs with bandannas, symbols on the cars and other such insignia I used to see on Rt. 340 heading towards the track certainly seemed to back that assertion up.

But then again people say thats stereotyping.

That would not surprise me at all.
The entire Eastern Panhandle is having problems in regard to higher crime rates thanks to the introduction into the Washington DC metro statistical area.
Also, the main lure is the Martinsburg area due to Interstate 81, close to DC, and a small Police force.
Of all places where I now live in Atlanta (America's crime mecca) Martinsburg actually made our local news. Martins Landing, an apartment complex by City Hospital was shown on our ATL news station under the heading of "Small Town Shooting Galleries" about violence in smaller towns and comparing it to the large metro areas like Atlanta. Gangs were mentioned and the drug trade.

I thought wonderful, my elderly relatives still there and to stubborn to get out. Then again, it is spreading everywhere at a rapid rate no matter where you are. We can thank the Clinton/Bush 20 year dynasty of open borders for much of this mess.

If you want large issues, come on down here. The Atlanta area has an estimated 400,000 illegals at last estimate, and we get to watch 20 solid minutes of crime on the news every morning before traffic. Currently, my wife and I are working hard to get the heck out and head back to SW Virginia.

As for the rest of WV, that is one area that has not changed much over the years. Still remember in 1969 when the Hells Angels went in and some did not even come back. Some folks bark about how most of West Virginia is not "progressive" isn't that the reason they call it "Almost Heaven"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 06:45 PM

2,021 posts, read 4,611,712 times
Martinsburg might be a smaller town but it is on the fringe of the 4th largest metropolitan area in the nation...the DC/Baltimore area has over 8 million people and unfortunately as a result the criminal underworld will seek out places like that with easy access and smaller law enforcement divisions.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:34 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
The Eastern Panhandle has crime and guess what? So does Clarksburg / Fairmont / Morgantown.

Watching the news here in Clarksburg is just as depressing as anywhere else. Several murders, robberies, drug busts...

It's not roses here either.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:19 AM

1 posts, read 5,962 times
i'm sorry but if you just drive around parkersburg the ms-13 isnt as bad as the GD Folk and yes there are a good population of them if you look the Folk fork is every where so yea ms-13 isnt bad but the folk is

Old 05-20-2008, 08:32 AM
BJC

336 posts, read 1,187,571 times
what is GD Folk?

Old 05-20-2008, 09:14 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
Guido dudes? Name:  dunno.gif
Views: 1055
Size:  275 Bytes

Old 05-20-2008, 09:55 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Mtneer=jfr???
I was wondering where you've been! Glad to see you

MS-13 was on long island in patchy places. mostly their numbers grow in adult prison stays, and their kids try to emulate them to boot. It also happens in areas where hostility/alienation towards latino youth persists. same with blacks. Long Island used to be very laid back and tolerant, but dittoheads moved in and that's a worse gang IMO.
You know what it took to get MS-13 kids squared away in brentwood long island?
DAD
Absentee fathers give teenaged boys handicaps in ways they don't realize. Leaves them vulnerable to calling hitler daddy trying to figure out how to be a man. Mom's can't do it alone, particularly in latino culture where male bravado is emphasized. That's what it all comes down to, so if you want what you see nipped at the bud make an effort to find their parents (just like any small town). You can also join big brothers/big sisters and bring them into the community. Redirect kids away from harm to selves and others while it's small. Not sure about WV, but other states have PAL (police athletic league, which encourages sports activity with positive male role models).

Old 05-20-2008, 10:15 AM

2,429 posts, read 7,233,956 times
GD = Gangster Disciples

Had its origins in the projects of Chicago.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:23 AM

2,021 posts, read 4,611,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Mtneer=jfr???
I was wondering where you've been! Glad to see you

MS-13 was on long island in patchy places. mostly their numbers grow in adult prison stays, and their kids try to emulate them to boot. It also happens in areas where hostility/alienation towards latino youth persists. same with blacks. Long Island used to be very laid back and tolerant, but dittoheads moved in and that's a worse gang IMO.
You know what it took to get MS-13 kids squared away in brentwood long island?
DAD
Absentee fathers give teenaged boys handicaps in ways they don't realize. Leaves them vulnerable to calling hitler daddy trying to figure out how to be a man. Mom's can't do it alone, particularly in latino culture where male bravado is emphasized. That's what it all comes down to, so if you want what you see nipped at the bud make an effort to find their parents (just like any small town). You can also join big brothers/big sisters and bring them into the community. Redirect kids away from harm to selves and others while it's small. Not sure about WV, but other states have PAL (police athletic league, which encourages sports activity with positive male role models).
hahaha i'm glad someone missed me!

yeah i changed my name about a month ago, sorry for the confusion. i still forget when it shows up as the new name, but then again I'm prone to forgetting a lot of things at the ripe old age of 26!

Old 05-20-2008, 04:07 PM

312 posts, read 1,059,208 times
I don't want to sound like a racist, but there is always reason for concern about the gangs. Lack of concern is how Atlanta, and certainly Ca. got to where they are now. (and now, for the racist part) I think there is something more pack oriented about latino culture, and gangs are a normal part of life. Ms 13s are only a drop in the bucket. There are more gangs than we can count. I have a particular disdain for gangs and gangbangers, and I hope WV will not let them get a foothold here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia