Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 12:45 PM

125 posts, read 170,022 times

Advertisements

Jersey boy I am a woman and you sound just FINE to me. I am taken though- by a man about your age who has the same feelings that you do. You are not alone, and I don't think you need to defend your beliefs at all. Speaking as a woman we DO like being "taken care of" and I love taking care of my man. Anyway I do think WV is fine for you- frankly ANY city or area would be fine for you- there is no special state or county or city that caters to a persons beliefs! Don't get suckered into the belief that "country people" have country beliefs- it just isnt so! It just isn't so.

On WV though- I found the state rather "dark", dreadfully dull and you will feel closed in. I stayed there some time ago and almost felt claustrophobic there for some reason. That old WV saying "so far back in the hills they had to pump the sunshine in" well that's how it felt to me. You are in Jersey? You will find others like you there too. Trust me- you will be bored to DEATH in WV (no offense I love WV and had family there- its just not for everyone) if you havent experienced country life don't bother but if you are fine living around nature, and not lots of busy streets then fine.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:55 PM

11 posts, read 20,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
Sounds like you should move to Pakistan.

Wow. Even in here the persecution endlessly continues. -hochs and spits one on the ground- That's for you Evergrey.

Shame I can't escape the attacks even if the West Virginia forums...

I guess I'll run my post in another state, and see if I can find somewhere that -isn't- just like everywhere else in the country, and has an outspoken cross-section who sees eye-to-eye with myself.

Unbelievable. Out of what, 5 people who responded, two were naysayers.

Disheartening on a broader scale of thinking to say the least.

Last edited by Searching4TraditionalLife; 12-21-2014 at 01:10 PM..

Old 12-21-2014, 01:07 PM

11 posts, read 20,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macluffy View Post
Jersey boy I am a woman and you sound just FINE to me. I am taken though- by a man about your age who has the same feelings that you do. You are not alone, and I don't think you need to defend your beliefs at all. Speaking as a woman we DO like being "taken care of" and I love taking care of my man. Anyway I do think WV is fine for you- frankly ANY city or area would be fine for you- there is no special state or county or city that caters to a persons beliefs! Don't get suckered into the belief that "country people" have country beliefs- it just isnt so! It just isn't so.

On WV though- I found the state rather "dark", dreadfully dull and you will feel closed in. I stayed there some time ago and almost felt claustrophobic there for some reason. That old WV saying "so far back in the hills they had to pump the sunshine in" well that's how it felt to me. You are in Jersey? You will find others like you there too. Trust me- you will be bored to DEATH in WV (no offense I love WV and had family there- its just not for everyone) if you havent experienced country life don't bother but if you are fine living around nature, and not lots of busy streets then fine.

My dear, my dear, my dear. Heh. Thanks for the well-wishes(kisses your hand), but please, I would venture a guess I've been a lot more places and been around a lot more faces in -both town and country- than you have, and so no need to lecture me about there not being any city or town in existence that exclusively caters to a certain belief.

Of course that's true, but since you seem to be confused, let me clarify. What I'm referring to is the generally accepted herd mentality of any given place, and -yes-, that does exist in most places in the country, no matter where you look. For example, the people in Helena, Montana are -mostly- all similar in the more masculine disposition they perceive life and how it should be lived, what is permissible and what is not etc. The same can be said for Burlington Vermont, a deeply liberal enclave that is just fine with big government, women who don't shave their pits, and embracing all things liberal and feminine.

And dear, I wouldn't ever presume to tell a native WV resident about how their own state is or what is in their state, so please, I know NJ inside and out, top to bottom, and don't need to be instructed on what is there or that I should live there. It's a bit laughable my dear. Are you a local NJ person? Born and raised?If not, you're certainly not going to teach me anything about my very small and very familiar state dear. I hope that makes sense to you.

Furthermore, I don't think it was wise -at all- to come in here and bad mouth WV as a dark, suffocating, horrible place. While it may be your opinion of the area, and you are entitled to it, you're only inviting trouble by slamming an entire state based on a temporary stay, and it really sounds a bit to me like you think you're too good for the likes of these good people.

Old 12-21-2014, 01:29 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searching4TraditionalLife View Post
And I've met, been with, loved, and been loved by a multitude of women who feel -exactly- as I do.

To posit that there are simply no women who believe in the 1950s traditional manner of relationships and marriage is simply asinine.

I know who I'm talking to here. And so thank you for the post, but please, don't add anything else. It's not going to be constructive or conducive to me finding my place in this country, and that is the entire purpose of this thread.

If you have met, been with, loved and been loved by a multitude of women who feel -exactly- as you do, why haven't you married any of them?

Now on to the good news, this is a public forum which you voluntarily posted your thoughts. This also means I and many others who do not conform to your ideal of -helping- you find your place in this country can and will choose to post a reply if we want to as long as our words are not against TOS.

So, why -exactly- is it you are still single and looking for a woman who believes -exactly- like you do?
I must have missed the reason in your original post or one of your follow up post.
Perhaps look in a different area of -Jersey-, I'm sure there are areas there that are not considered the city. That way you don't have too far to move and could have less worry about finding where you belong.

Old 12-21-2014, 02:41 PM

2,429 posts, read 7,237,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searching4TraditionalLife View Post
I do NOT believe in celebrating homosexuality(don't even dare edit this statement city-data, as that would be a direct infringement on my 1st amendment and I am -entitled- to -my- own beliefs).
Not really a major theme in your post, but you might want to review what the Bill of Rights does, and does not, say.

Old 12-21-2014, 02:42 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,047,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macluffy View Post

Really, now? And, exactly where were you in West Virginia when you felt that way? We have places that have tons of things to do day and night with entertainment options that would appeal to anybody. Where do you live now, where did you visit here, and we can draw some comparisons?

I lived for years in the northern NYC suburbs, and entertainment options where I live in West Virginia are more readily available, more affordable, and more easily accessible here than they were there. I spent some time in Phoenix, and although they have some nice venues there I found it to be less entertaining than what we have here in North Central West Virginia. It's a bit of a hike to the Grand Canyon from there, and we have much better outdoor venues here than they have in Phoenix.

Last edited by CTMountaineer; 12-21-2014 at 02:54 PM..

Old 12-21-2014, 05:16 PM

16,675 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorpus View Post
Not really a major theme in your post, but you might want to review what the Bill of Rights does, and does not, say.

There is no Freedom of Speech in a privately owned forum.

There is a lot about this thread that needs consideration. Until then, it is closed.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia