Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 07:38 PM

16 posts, read 68,619 times

Advertisements

Morgantown! Cheat Lake area is great...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 03:18 AM

74 posts, read 369,803 times
I'm from Morgantown and now live in Huntington. I recommend Huntington. I also recommend that if you have the time, check out both areas though and see which one suits you best.

Old 01-26-2008, 02:08 PM

3 posts, read 14,434 times
Uniontown city is trashy, but the South Union area is quite pleasant.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:25 PM

8 posts, read 26,675 times
Morgantown and Huntington are both college towns.....WVU and Marshall ....I'm a nurse...I worked in Charleston at CAMC but my husband's plant closed I had to get our insurance....Cabell Huntington Hospital is by far the best place in WV to work as a nurse....The pay is higher and the health insurance is free for your entire family.......

The nursing experience I got a CAMC was wonderful.....They own everything in the Kanawha Valley...including several hospitals with almost 900 beds total....They are affiliated with WVU medical school and I feel they are aggressive with their care....I learned a ton....With that said.......they don't seem to value their employees...it's a huge hospital that makes tons of money but the pay is low and their health insurance is ridiculously high.....this is why I went to Cabell-Huntington Hospital....

I don't live in Huntington I'm actually closer to Charleston....But Huntington borders Ky and Ohio so alot of people come in from those areas to work in the hospital..... You could also look for land near Ashland, Ky....it's 30 min away......

Nursing jobs are not hard to find....There is a shortage here just like everywhere....however the turnover at CAMC is high and at Cabell it's low....

Old 04-11-2008, 01:46 AM

13 posts, read 55,241 times
Morgantown is great...but DO NOT move to Uniontown...drugs and robberies, even some shootings. I worked there and a 12 yr old kid took a gun into our store. Also, found a heoin syringe on our floor and some weed one time. Go with Greene county for the country area, and less crime. Also, consider Cheat lake, Bakers Ridge, Fairmont, Waynesburg...but definitely not Uniontown un less you wanna get high or shot.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:16 AM

33 posts, read 36,905 times
jefferson county Wv (charles Town Wv) Has jefferson Memorial Hosp.Tied to Wv university Hospt system.Shepherd Univ for nurseing continuing ed.close to Northern Va with lots of Great hospitals.Inova hospital system.Still country but close enough to cities to shop etc. I know of one lady working in Woodbridge Va as Rn making $46.00 per hr at local Hospital! and at Inova Hospital, Has two homes both in C.T. and Woodbridge Va.commutes between both homes.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:32 PM

15 posts, read 32,737 times
Hello everybody
My son moved to Ogden, West Virginia about a month ago or more. What is the employment like in Ogden or Waverly West Virginia? I am so worried about him. They don't have electricity or water. They only have heat. He is running out of money and I am willing to send him some but have no address. His girlfriend goes to Meredith Manor Equestrian Centre. She claims they don't know how to teach people to ride. I blow her off because she is 18 and what does she know. That is a kid for you and she is having a lot of problems up there because her saddle is not right and all that. But the nuts and bolts of the story could somebody please tell me about where they are living and what the town is like

Ogden , West Virginia
Waverly, West Virginia

I know my son's insurance has ran out and cell phone is off. I am just an overly concerned parent.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:45 PM

34 posts, read 124,996 times
Morgantown all the way. You could live in Preston County about 1/2 hour away. I live in Morgantown and love it.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:58 PM

34 posts, read 124,996 times
The job market would be in Parkersburg, WV which is about 15-20 minutes away from where he is. Does he have a car? How old is he? If his girl friend is going to that school you could always call there and see if you can reach him that way by leaving a message. Good Luck

Old 02-16-2009, 12:08 PM

3 posts, read 49,704 times
Are you by some rare chance the David Kennedy that attended a junior college in Whittier CA in 1967-68?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
A secret little town is Mount Morris, Pa. Also Rivesville near Fairmont. All of Fayette, county and Uniontown...I mention these, because no one else will. Morgantown has many subdivisions...new houses begin about $230k and go to about 2/3 million. Also every rural road in every direction has new rural located housing being developed.

Stay away from the realtors on your first trip here as they will put you through the mill..
good luck and try 'Back Bay' on the Mileground for the Oysters at lunch time...good luck..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia