Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2006, 08:36 PM

3 posts, read 18,267 times

Advertisements

Hi, i am trying to find someone who might know where i could find public land records or public land parcels i am trying to find a peice of land around gary,wv that i have the coordinates of from my gps and would like to know if it is public or private lands but i don't know who to contact about it any information about the public or private land issue would be greatly appreciated thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2006, 08:41 AM

12 posts, read 59,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbore250r View Post
Hi, i am trying to find someone who might know where i could find public land records or public land parcels i am trying to find a peice of land around gary,wv that i have the coordinates of from my gps and would like to know if it is public or private lands but i don't know who to contact about it any information about the public or private land issue would be greatly appreciated thanks
Go to the courthouse in the county that the land is located.

Old 11-15-2006, 07:53 PM

Default public records

ok thanks for the help i will check it out next time i am up there, do you know if there is anywhere that might would have it online or anything

Old 11-15-2006, 07:55 PM

Default courthouse

and where is the courthouse in gary at, i am from north carolina abd have been thinking about moving up there for part of the year and i am not familiar with everything up there thanks for everyones help

Old 11-16-2006, 09:39 AM

12 posts, read 59,486 times
Gary is located in McDowell County which is the most southern county in West Virginia. Each county in WV has a county seat and the court house is in the county seat most of the time. The county seat of McDowell county is Welch. McDowell county is a coal mining county. You need to do an internet search now of this information to learn more. No the information at the courthouse is not on the internet; you have to go in person to check it out or send someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia