Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2008, 02:16 AM

1 posts, read 3,083 times

Advertisements

I'm from WV and now living in Florida. I miss the great state of WV so much that my wife and I are wanting to move back. I have 28 yrs experience in the oil and gas business and I'm looking for a job. Could anyone provide any assistance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2008, 04:02 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
You can look through older threads with same question, or perhaps give people more specifics to go on? It's a big state when you walk it.

hope this helps
WV-West Virginia Staffing Agencies

Old 06-08-2008, 05:06 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,314,623 times
West Virginia is experiencing a boom in these industries that rival the California Gold Rush.
A Morgantown lawyer said exactly that to me last week.
Waco Oil and Gas is the biggest independant...followed by Cheasepeake Energy. If you are in this field, its wide open and the newpapers carry ads weekly...I would suggest an online search or contacting a headhunter for these jobs...much more money to be negotiated than from the answering of an ad.
New wells are being drilled to 10,000 and 15,000, called 'mega well's...fracing 5 seperate gas rock strata's and ending in a shale bed 150' deep...produce an incredible amount of gas and the wasted product is crude oil.
My grandfather was a driller for his entire life and I know a smattering about the trade.
It's an industry and its crying for people..go for it..the area being developed now in a hurry is the area of Wetzel County in NCWV...ahead of the coal mining there...Consol Energy is doing methane recovery and could possibly use you..All of the old time gas companies ( Home, Dominion, Cloumbia and Equitable) are Rockefeller owned. Penn is a good company...Pennzoil....good luck.

Old 06-08-2008, 06:33 AM

4,954 posts, read 8,952,889 times
Check out Huntington. You'd be about 20 minutes from the Ashland Oil refineries and there are several other energy companies close by as well. Columbia Gas is here and then you have Chesapeake Energy in Charleston. Best thing for you would be the cheap flights into Huntington. They have direct flights to 3 FL towns for $69 or less one way into Tri-State airport. Here are some links that might be helpful. Let me know if you need anything else.
Tim
Huntington, West Virginia (WV) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news, sex offenders
City of Huntington, West Virginia
Huntington, WV Online
#100 Huntington WV - Forbes.com
Greater Huntington Park and Recreation District
Pullman Square - Restaurants Shopping Entertainment
Tri-State Airport - Huntington, West Virginia
Downtown Walking Tour a stroll through the past - Huntington, WV -- The Herald-Dispatch

Old 06-08-2008, 07:25 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,990,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
Check out Huntington. You'd be about 20 minutes from the Ashland Oil refineries and there are several other energy companies close by as well. Columbia Gas is here and then you have Chesapeake Energy in Charleston. Best thing for you would be the cheap flights into Huntington. They have direct flights to 3 FL towns for $69 or less one way into Tri-State airport. Here are some links that might be helpful. Let me know if you need anything else.
Tim
Huntington, West Virginia (WV) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news, sex offenders
City of Huntington, West Virginia
Huntington, WV Online
#100 Huntington WV - Forbes.com
Greater Huntington Park and Recreation District
Pullman Square - Restaurants Shopping Entertainment
Tri-State Airport - Huntington, West Virginia
Downtown Walking Tour a stroll through the past - Huntington, WV -- The Herald-Dispatch
Not to nit pick.. But Chesapeake bought Columbia Gas a few years ago. They're the same company now. Chesapeake was supposed to build a eastern headquarters in Charleston. But they decided against it because they lost a 200+ million dollar lawsuit in WV courts. I guess they are spiteful because they were found to be at fault. Not saying lawsuit abuse doesn't happen in WV, it is a clear problem. But, I think that makes them tools, and resembles a little teenage girl who didn't get the exact color car she wanted on her 16th birthday (MTV's Sweet 16)

Old 06-08-2008, 07:47 PM

2,429 posts, read 7,236,690 times
My friends in Wetzel County say the place is overrun with oil and gas rigs, County seat is New Martinsville, but the exploration is "out in the county"... Hundred, Barker Run, Piney, Smithfield, even good old Mobley.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:56 PM

4,954 posts, read 8,952,889 times
A quick search on the web and I found that it was actually Consumers Gas Utility Company on Memorial Boulevard near the west end of Ritter Park that I was thinking about. I had thought it said Columbia the last time I had driven by. Not sure what type of company there are but they might be a lead for the original poster. Thanks for the update though. I wasn't aware that Chesapeake had purchased Columbia. And even though they aren't building their eastern headquarters here, the regional office is still here. Have to find some positive out of that situation, right? Here's the contact info for Consumers Gas just incase it helps.

Consumers Gas Utility CO
900 Memorial Boulevard West
Huntington, WV 25701

(304) 523-9223
(800) 339-1872 (toll-free)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia