Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2017, 06:09 PM

15 posts, read 32,457 times

Advertisements

My wife and I retired to Tennessee three years ago, but are considering relocating to West Virginia. We are planning to look into Falling Waters or Bunker Hill, but currently know little about either area. Are they relatively safe towns? We would greatly appreciate any general information about either town. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 11:05 AM

308 posts, read 798,973 times
Falling Waters is a nice place to live,they are really building up the area and continue to do so

Old 05-30-2017, 05:20 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,797,648 times
I haven't really had a lot of experiences there I live in the other panhandle but most people seem to like that part of WV especially if you don't have to worry about commuting for a job.

Old 06-06-2017, 10:17 AM

2,769 posts, read 404,635 times
We built in Falling Waters almost 8 years ago. I wouldn't/won't call anywhere else home. We love it here.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:38 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,880,843 times
You will have to start paying WV State Income Tax, though.

Old 06-08-2017, 12:41 PM

1,383 posts, read 2,509,392 times
If I had to pick between Falling Waters or Bunker Hill, I'd pick Falling Waters overwhelmingly. I like Bunker Hill, but Falling Waters has been and will continue to experience a lot of growth both in the residential and commercial sectors. Falling Waters area has a grocery store, Walmart, several restaurants both family owned and chain with more being built. While it is becoming built up, it doesn't feel to me like a suburban jungle along the highway. You can take any route off of I-81 and be "in the sticks" in five minutes. I love living in the country while also being close to modern amenities, so this is appealing to me personally. On the other hand, access to all of these amenities from Bunker Hill means a 10-15 minute drive into Martinsburg or Inwood. It all depends on which setting you would prefer.

I don't have any data to support this so I may be wrong (someone please correct me if I am) but Falling Waters seems to overall have less crime than Bunker Hill. I hear and read about issues (burglary, drugs, etc.) in Bunker Hill more than Falling Waters. Also you mentioned you are retired so I don't know if you have any children still in school, but if you choose Falling Waters you will most likely feed into Spring Mills school district. Spring Mills High School just opened a beautiful new campus in 2013 and is already being recognized across West Virginia for academic achievement.

I hope this helps a little. If you have other questions feel free to reply or message me. I have lived in the area my entire life and love to help. Best wishes on your search!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia