Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2017, 01:56 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,044,974 times

Advertisements

A few decades ago, the insurance industry in our state flexed it's political muscle and took charge of state government. Ever since those days (the Gaston years) we have been paying higher premiums here for the same coverage available in other states for less.

It looks as though raising racing dogs nobody wants is not the only nefarious issue we are facing in West Virginia these days. I just got my auto insurance renewal bill. The ugly issue is raising it's head again. The bill is 5% higher for the same coverage than it was 6 months ago. I called my agent, and was told it is a statewide increase. Apparently, the current administration allowed the increase to slip through punishing every auto owner in the state for living here. Check your bill and compare it with the last one. You will easily see how Boss Hogg II is taking care of the Caperton group and other insurance interests at your expense. Multiply that by hundreds of thousands of drivers and one can see how the ripoff artists benefit at the expense of the rest of us.

Old 07-13-2017, 06:58 AM

13,927 posts, read 39,297,259 times
What about the State Raising the cost of Tags?? $30 to $51 NO Warning at ALL!!!

Old 07-13-2017, 07:14 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Tesla was banned because Cole was an auto dealer. Yes, WV is run for the benefit of those who can get elected as opposed to the citizens but whose fault is that?

Old 07-13-2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Tesla was banned because Cole was an auto dealer. Yes, WV is run for the benefit of those who can get elected as opposed to the citizens but whose fault is that?
Frankly, it is our fault as residents for not having better sense. The citizens have always been something to be exploited by our state government rather than something to serve. For a century or more that has been going on, and we have been sitting back and allowing it to happen.

Old 07-13-2017, 03:49 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Frankly, it is our fault as residents for not having better sense.
That was of course what I was getting at.

Quote:
The citizens have always been something to be exploited by our state government rather than something to serve. For a century or more that has been going on, and we have been sitting back and allowing it to happen.
Another million dollars in liens filed against Justice-owned companies

WV MetroNews – Another million dollars in liens filed against Justice-owned companies

(Rhetorical question, not directed specifically at you)

Did you vote for this guy and then complain about our government?

Old 07-13-2017, 10:08 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,990,663 times
I haven't had a ticket in 5 years any my insurance went up and extra $25.00 for 6 months... or an extra 50.00 a year... for no reason.

Old 07-15-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That was of course what I was getting at.

Another million dollars in liens filed against Justice-owned companies

WV MetroNews – Another million dollars in liens filed against Justice-owned companies

(Rhetorical question, not directed specifically at you)

Did you vote for this guy and then complain about our government?
I don't think we're allowed to get overtly involved with partisan politics here, but what do you think? In my opinion, there were no good choices, but what do you think? My opinion is this particular individual is largely a scam operator using other peoples' money for his own personal gain, and not actually being as successful at doing so as people have been led to believe. I'll just say it is a shame that good people (workers) are losing their jobs due to state budget shortages when a lot of it is due to the fact that he refuses to pay his own taxes. The rest of us have to do it. Why not him?

In the case of insurance rates, the current administration is doing what the US Senator (the current folks are actually baby sitting his hack appointee system for him) would want done. It is rewarding the Capertons and other insurance interests with a 5% boost in income at the expense of the state's residents. As residents, we are getting absolutely nothing in return aside from the satisfaction of making Gaston and others even more wealthy. The Senator, and by extension the Governor, have the lasting loyalty and financial support of the insurance folks in return. It is just that we are paying for it, not the Senator or the Governor.

Politics has become a very dirty matter these days, but here in West Virginia, we have become the poster child for greed and corruption. It's beyond strange to see that happening in the Nation's poorest state.

Last edited by CTMountaineer; 07-15-2017 at 01:10 PM..

Old 07-15-2017, 03:47 PM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia