Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2008, 01:25 PM

71 posts, read 320,419 times

Advertisements

Hi there! I am searching for info on my family. My grandmother's name was Nora Ellen Hawley and she died in 1998, I believe she was 98 years old and was born in or around 1900. She was living in Lester, WV. My father's name is James W Hawley. I think he also died in 1998. I think he was born around 1940's. Maybe a little earlier. He was last living in Ohio, where I think he died. I never met him, only spoke on the phone with him about 4 times. Please help with any information. All i know about him is that he liked fishing, he had many brothers and sisters, but I only know of one, her name was Sue. Thanks for any information!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 03:11 PM

11 posts, read 41,242 times
Jenny

Go to Ancestry.com -- Browser Upgrade under "Community" and "Message Board" type in Nora Ellen Hawley. About the 21st post down there is a John Alexander Brown that married Louemma Aliff. They had a daughter Nora Ellen Brown that married Roy Walter Hawley....posted by Billie Jo Kelley and Vicki Aliff. Perhaps this may be some of your family. Good luck!

Old 04-04-2008, 12:31 PM

Default Thanks!!

Yay how exciting! Yes, that would be my great grandfather and great grandmother! I'm so excited to learn anything!! I am going to try to get in touch with the original posters! Thanks!!!

Old 05-07-2008, 10:02 AM

1 posts, read 3,664 times
Talking Hawley

Hi there!
I was born in WV and lived in Lester. There is a Marvin Hawley that lives there. His mother died some time ago but she lived in a trailer on his property. Not sure of her name. Not sure if Marvin is kin to James Hawley. Marvin's wife was Merle who just recently died. He has 4 children- twins Ronnie and Donnie, Gloria, and David. Good luck.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,624 times
I WAS BORNED AND RAISED IN LESTER WV, I WENT TO SCHOOL WITH JIMMY AND SUSIE HAWLEY THEIR DAD WAS NAMED ROY, JIMMY AND SUSIE WERE THE YOUNGEST OF SEVERAL CHILDREN. I KNOW THEY HAD OLDER BROTHERS NAMED MARVIN AND DALLAS. HAVENT SEEN EITHER ONE OF THEM SINCE 1957

DELFORD hORTON, AIEA HAWAII

Old 05-21-2010, 01:48 AM

Default Thanks to both of you!

Yes, that is my family! My father's sister was sue, and i know there was a Dallas, and a Marvin as well as a Marie I believe. I really know so little and have never met my family. Seems a shame but I don't think they're interested in knowing me...

Old 08-10-2010, 03:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,461 times
Hi Jennifer,
My name is Diana, I am your cousin. I am Sue Hawleys daughter. I can help you with any info you are looking for. The last my mom spoke with you , you were living in Lodi, NJ. I am living in bergen county NJ. I would love to hear from you and help you with all the family info you need.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,093 times
Mavin is actually my grandfather and last I heard aunt Marie is in the hospital in Ohio and my grandpa was trying to find a way up. Donny is my father, he has a twin Ronny, they both still live on the property. David lives in Florida and Gloria live in Ghent, Wv. Nora was the name of my great grandmother. The reason they have contacted you is probably because they are not that caught up on technology. I also have a sister named Kimber she lives in beckley, wv. I would love to hear back and hopefully answer any questions you have.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,025 times
My maiden name is Carol Hawley. My father was Roy Dallas Hawley passed away last March. My grandmother was Nora Ella Brown. Marie, Marvin, Clifford, Roy, Billy, Jimmie and Carol Sue were her children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia