U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 04:46 PM

4,423 posts, read 5,094,297 times

Advertisements

Gonna be driving through Weirton this summer with some friends and we all want to try a local restaurant on our way through this time. It's a tradition of ours to stop for dinner in WV on the way to Ohio every year.

What's a good stop for grub in Weirton? Figured it'd be best to get some recommendations from the people themselves.

We want to avoid big chains and fast food. Get some more local flavor and have a seat for a bit. We might be there as late as around 5-6 PM on a Thursday or Friday too so hopefully places will be open.

I know those are typical supper hours but I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best. haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2018, 10:35 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,826,946 times
Well Cookie, if you never been, you can always try...

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura..._Virginia.html

Old 05-24-2018, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobilee View Post
Well Cookie, if you never been, you can always try...

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura..._Virginia.html
Goodness, that looks delicious! I think I'm sold on that. Still open to all suggestions though.

I wonder what some of the locals think of it. I know there are good reviews on there but I'd like to hear it from another party too if that be the case.

Thanks, Bobilee!

Old 05-25-2018, 06:42 AM

12,262 posts, read 11,604,884 times
Actually, Bobilee gave you an excellent suggestion. Tudor's is a uniquely West Virginian establishment. Their big, freshly made biscuits are renowned all over the state. It is so well-known that President Obama mentioned it as a place to go when he was in Charleston several years ago. While people know about their breakfast menu, their lunch menu is also quite good. It's hard to go wrong eating at Tudor's.

Old 05-29-2018, 06:06 PM

397 posts, read 1,068,261 times
There is an Italian restaurant in downtown Weirton called Mario's which has always been very good. It's located slightly down the street from Tudors and beside one of the local DiCarlos pizza restaurants. I hear a lot of folks rave about DeeJays Ribs, which is on Weirton Heights somewhere. I've not been there, so I can't tell you much beyond that. Historically, there have been ethnic food festivals in Weirton throughout the summer, so depending on when you're traveling that might work for you. Hope that you enjoy your trip.

Last edited by billscamaros; 05-29-2018 at 06:06 PM.. Reason: Spelling!

Old 05-29-2018, 07:44 PM

367 posts, read 328,661 times
There is a descent Greek place I went to once called Theo Yianni's and a pretty good mexican restaurant called Chico's Fiesta. Tudor's Biscuit World has great biscuits and breakfast but i'm not a big fan of their dinner menu. I haven't been to any of them recently.

Old 05-30-2018, 11:23 PM

Thank you for the suggestions! My travel buddy is a close friend from Canada (New Brunswick) and we both love WV. I think this time around we're gonna go for Tudor's. That's definitely something neither of us finds regularly in our own home areas, save for home makers.

It won't be the last time we roll through so I'll keep them all in mind.

Again, thanks! I'll likely post what I thought of Tudor's after the vacation.

Old 06-03-2018, 06:29 AM

397 posts, read 1,068,261 times
Good catch on Yianni's!!! I've never been to the restaurant, but have had their food at catered events. It's delicious.

Old 06-03-2018, 08:07 AM

833 posts, read 1,303,488 times
Despite its population decline and poor economy, I think the Weirton/Steubenville has a decent selection of good restaurants. I don't get up that way much anymore because my last remaining relative that lived there passed away, but I loved eating the local Italian places.

Tudor's is good too. It's popular with people from all over the tri state, as evidenced by the WV, OH, and PA plates in the parking lot. I think Tudor's would do a decent business in southwestern PA as well. There was a rumor about putting one in Washington and another one in Waynesburg, but apparently those plans fell through.

Old 06-03-2018, 07:41 PM

106 posts, read 108,026 times
Tudor’s is great. But I haven’t been to any of them for two years. I really haven’t been to many restaurants in Weirton. Since my son was diagnosed with Celiacs. So we have done a lot more eating at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia