Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 07:05 PM

6 posts, read 15,910 times

Advertisements

We are interested in buying somewhere in or near Canaan Valley. It would be a vacation place, so we might take a chance on a condo. We like the prices at Beaver Ridge Resort but we heard there are some issues. Deerfield is higher. Does anyone know about these two? Are there other communities in the affordable price range?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2013, 07:44 AM

5 posts, read 14,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBS-Operator View Post
We are interested in buying somewhere in or near Canaan Valley. It would be a vacation place, so we might take a chance on a condo. We like the prices at Beaver Ridge Resort but we heard there are some issues. Deerfield is higher. Does anyone know about these two? Are there other communities in the affordable price range?
I've lived in Davis for several years and never heard of any problems with Deerfield. It's pretty much a normal place. You may also want to look at Northwoods, which is closer to Timberline.

Beaver Ridge has serious problems. You can probably find out what they are by doing an Internet search, since a lot of it is starting to get out. There are reasons for the low prices and, from what I hear, things are not likely to change.

Old 11-24-2013, 01:34 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,882,478 times
Never stayed at Beaver Ridge but have stayed at Deerfield. Deerfield is a built with quality materials more so than most of the properties we have rented anywhere in the valley.

Old 11-26-2013, 01:06 PM

I hadn't heard of any problems with Deerfield. I was just commenting that the prices were higher there than at Beaver Ridge, where there do seem to be problems. I took your advice and found a couple of websites.

www.beaver-ridge.com

This is the best one. It's making me rethink condos altogether!

Old 12-02-2013, 02:37 PM

Default Beaver Ridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBS-Operator View Post
I hadn't heard of any problems with Deerfield. I was just commenting that the prices were higher there than at Beaver Ridge, where there do seem to be problems. I took your advice and found a couple of websites.

www.beaver-ridge.com

This is the best one. It's making me rethink condos altogether!
You're going to deal with an HOA almost everywhere. If not, then you have to deal with plowing, utilities and repairs - and a lot of these are less expensive in a condominium complex.

What makes Beaver Ridge different are the politics. I have a buddy who didn't know better and bought up there as an investment. I won't repeat what he says about the board, but I do believe he can vouch for just about everything on that website. A lot of people want out, but can't sell because of reputation. They're stuck with monthly costs and declining value.

I do think Beaver Ridge has potential. The tennis courts are decent and they've got a heated pool. There's some water damage issues and such, but nothing that bad. If more owners lived there or cared about how things are run then they could take back control. But I don't see that happening.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:30 AM

2 posts, read 7,597 times
Default False Info regarding Beaver Ridge

Most of the folks commenting on Beaver Ridge condos are responding to the false information about Beaver Ridge on the negative web-site which shows up when you Google Beaver Ridge, It is full of baloney and unjustly criticizes the HOA. Beaver Ridge is a really nice place with an excellent HOA president, Scott Custer, who does a terrific amount of unpaid work around the community and supervises a lot more.

My wife and I own a one bedroom unit as does my daughter and her family. We have been totally satisfied with the community and don't regret our purchase at all.

Again, the negative web-site is bull, put online by one of the Northpoint neighbors who has been in trouble for a variety of reasons and blames Beaver Ridge. Go take a look at units there and you will be sold.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:03 PM

2 posts, read 7,597 times
The Beaver-Ridge.com website is a complete fabrication and when the author is located there is going to be legal action taken. Beaver Ridge is an extremely nice place - well run and well-maintained. BS to the contrary is just that. As I said above, we own a unit and are completely satisfied with it and glad we bought it. Can't wait until the authors of the false and damaging website is located. As an owner I would totally support legal action. I think the author is an unhappy resident
in Northpoint and, in time, he/she will be identified. If you know anything that would be helpful I can be reached at: [email]pgawenjr@gmail.com[/email]. We live in Falls Church, VA.

Check the official website for accurate information. If you google "Beaver Ridge Resort" you will see both.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:44 PM

Default Beaver Ridge, WV

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgawenjr View Post
The Beaver-Ridge.com website is a complete fabrication and when the author is located there is going to be legal action taken
So, just to be clear…. The website that you’re threatening with legal action is the one that says owners are afraid to speak out under their real names for fear of legal action. Is that correct?

Old 12-11-2014, 08:54 AM

6 posts, read 8,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgawenjr View Post
As an owner I would totally support legal action. I think the author is an unhappy resident in NP and, in time, he/she will be identified...
Check the official website for accurate information. If you google "Beaver Ridge Resort" you will see both.
I believe that I’m the only resident of NP who sent anything to the BR web site. I contributed material for the article on safety issues, but this was only after privately appealing for two years to have the stakes removed from the lots before children got hurt. I even sent two direct mailings with color photos to all 60 Beaver Ridge condo owners.

I don’t see anything inaccurate about that particular article – other than the one mistake corrected at the end. Perhaps the $3875 was rounded to $4000, but that seems trivial. The official HOA website may not claim that Beaver Ridge is safe for kids, but neither does it address the injuries.

The best solution is for the council to fix the problems.

Last edited by Deal-With-It; 12-11-2014 at 09:32 AM..

Old 02-25-2015, 12:05 PM

Default Beaver Ridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deal-With-It View Post
I contributed material for the article on safety issues, but this was only after privately appealing for two years to have the stakes removed from the lots before children got hurt. I even sent two direct mailings with color photos to all 60 Beaver Ridge condo owners.

I don’t see anything inaccurate about that particular article – other than the one mistake corrected at the end.
I don't know about the rest of your article but I think that "correction" is wrong. A kid did get hurt there a few years ago. Maybe the owners weren't told but it was in the Advocate. I thought they would have gotten things fixed by now. By "stakes" do you mean rebar?

Any response to your letters? I have a buddy who bought up there and can't get out. He said the owners are lied to constantly and are too scared to get involved. The guy in charge has the run of the place. I feel sorry for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia