Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2021, 10:50 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times

Advertisements

...after a business trip.

Located on the boarders of Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Maryland, and not far from D.C. we found the surrounding area to be charming and friendly.

We enjoyed walking and shopping and dining in nearby Berkley Springs, which strangely reminded me of Vermont and New Hampshire. I loved the hills and the absence of light pollution. There were many beautiful homes and the terrain and architecture was evocative of my childhood home of Oyster Bay, NY.

For dinner, we had the pleasure to eat at Tari's. If you haven't been there, I highly recommend it. Cool gastro pub with delicious and creative fare. My drink was a caramel kiss - warm apple cider with caramel vodka and a whipped cream topping.

The first night we dined in more down home surroundings. Near our hotel, which was not out choice, our employer selects that, was a humble hole in the wall bar and grill. We enjoyed a literal mess of Chesapeake Bay Shrimp with Old Bay Seasoning, a tossed salad and a large baked potato, cooked to perfection, with butter and sour cream. People there were friendly and exchanged contact information with us.
Since I am originally from the East Coast, I really appreciated the fresh seafood.

The town of Martinsburg was full of Colonial atmosphere and the century town homes were well kept. We visited an a glass gallery that had some stunning pieces.

We really enjoyed our stay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2021, 05:17 AM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Thanks for sharing your experience with us! When I lived in Fairfax County, VA I took some road trips to visit Berkeley Springs; Charles Town; Harpers Ferry; and Shepherdstown, WV, but I never made it to Martinsburg. Sounds like it might be a good "home base" for an extended weekend getaway trip to explore the surrounding areas.

Old 11-25-2021, 07:10 AM

13,927 posts, read 39,297,259 times
ARE You LOST? Dont know where you were? Hope this helps:

https://newmartinsville.com/

https://www.cityofmartinsburg.org/

Old 11-26-2021, 02:07 PM

6,588 posts, read 4,975,313 times
Berkeley Springs is a great place. Hope you soaked your feet in a bath!

Last time we were there, we stopped by Tari's but it was packed and looked expensive. We went to Maria's around the corner. Nice quiet atmosphere and great food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia