U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 10:42 PM

366 posts, read 327,948 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard a opening date for the Mountaineer Brewing Company in Charles Pointe or the Starbucks in White Oaks development.Crab Shack Caribba is supposed open a location in White Oaks. I thought ground work for the Charles Pointe Crossing was to start in March but I haven't seen anything happening yet. That is supposed to be 67 acres of retail anchored by Menards. Phase 1 of White Oaks business park is almost full and phase 2 is all ready for development and has a couple things started already. Phase 3 which will be on the northern side of 79 already has a car dealership and I believe they are starting to get that land ready for development. There are a lot of good things happening in the Bridgeport area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2018, 08:43 PM

Where the Sutton Inn was in the eastpointe shopping center there is a new building going up. I asked a worker and he said there will be two buildings. The one started will have a Aspen Dental and Qdoba Mexican restaurant and one other business I couldn't hear what he said as he was walking back to work. The old Chinese restaurant will also be torn down but he said either his company hasn't got the bid or someone else got the bid. Supposedly it is rumored it will be Golden Corral but with a Chinese buffet and a Ryan's right down the road that doesn't make sense. Starbucks in white oaks is now opened also.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:00 AM

833 posts, read 1,302,927 times
Great news!

I'm amazed at all the growth along the I-79 corridor, especially where the White Oaks development is located. Every time I come to visit, there's something new.

Also I recently visited my grandmother at United Hospital and I was impressed. Nice facilities and great doctors!

Old 09-30-2018, 05:43 PM

Yes the area is seeing a lot of growth. They just said today that Charles Pointe Crossing that was supposed to start this March is hopefully going to start moving dirt at the end of this month. You wouldn't see any businesses till 2020. Its located across from United Hospital on the other side of 79. Once leveled out it will have 67 acres that can be developed with a Menards supposed to be the first anchor. It will have around 800,000 sq. ft developed when done and should be a big development to the area. With White Oaks having about 90 % of phase 1 done phase 2 has started and there should be work being done for phase 3 soon which is on the north bound side of 79 on the Saltwell exit. When its completed it should have thousands of good paying jobs and plenty of retail. The business park in Fairmont has seemed to slowed down the last few years but with the retail development at the old Middletown Mall in the next couple years you should see renewed interest in the business park. This area from Monongalia to Harrison county could really be a shinning star in the state especially in the next 5 years.

Old 10-31-2018, 09:54 AM

6 posts, read 4,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D T WV MOUNTAINS View Post
Has anyone heard a opening date for the Mountaineer Brewing Company in Charles Pointe or the Starbucks in White Oaks development.Crab Shack Caribba is supposed open a location in White Oaks. I thought ground work for the Charles Pointe Crossing was to start in March but I haven't seen anything happening yet. That is supposed to be 67 acres of retail anchored by Menards. Phase 1 of White Oaks business park is almost full and phase 2 is all ready for development and has a couple things started already. Phase 3 which will be on the northern side of 79 already has a car dealership and I believe they are starting to get that land ready for development. There are a lot of good things happening in the Bridgeport area.
Mountain State Brewing Co should be opening within the next couple of days. I saw on Facebook they said the first week of November. So we shall see.

Old 10-31-2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Where the Sutton Inn was in the eastpointe shopping center there is a new building going up. I asked a worker and he said there will be two buildings. The one started will have a Aspen Dental and Qdoba Mexican restaurant and one other business I couldn't hear what he said as he was walking back to work. The old Chinese restaurant will also be torn down but he said either his company hasn't got the bid or someone else got the bid. Supposedly it is rumored it will be Golden Corral but with a Chinese buffet and a Ryan's right down the road that doesn't make sense. Starbucks in white oaks is now opened also.
Shogun is suppose to rebuild where the old Chinese restaurant was.

Old 10-31-2018, 10:56 AM

I just found out about Shogun yesterday. Its nice they got rid of that hotel that was run down and that the area is redeveloping and replacing businesses. I haven't heard anything about the Kmart building but am surprised it hasn't had offers. At one point someone said Chuck e Cheese was going in part of the building but I haven't heard anything for a while. The mall needs a couple new anchors and I hope they are working on that or the mall will be dying soon. Maybe Boscovs or the many other stores we don't have in the area. Nothing may happen till we see if the new Charles Point Crossing development happens later next year. Hopefully that development pans out and we have new restaurants and stores in the area. White Oaks hopefully starts more development soon and adds more good paying jobs. The 79 corridor is one of the few bright spots in this state.

Old 11-05-2018, 07:26 AM

31 posts, read 15,993 times
I called Mountain State Brewing Company on Friday to see when they were planning to open the Bridgeport location and I was informed that they would open up today! So let's hope this is true and we can finally have their delicious food in our area.

Old 11-08-2018, 07:21 AM

435 posts, read 307,474 times
Quote:
I just found out about Shogun yesterday. Its nice they got rid of that hotel that was run down and that the area is redeveloping and replacing businesses. I haven't heard anything about the Kmart building but am surprised it hasn't had offers. At one point someone said Chuck e Cheese was going in part of the building but I haven't heard anything for a while. The mall needs a couple new anchors and I hope they are working on that or the mall will be dying soon. Maybe Boscovs or the many other stores we don't have in the area. Nothing may happen till we see if the new Charles Point Crossing development happens later next year. Hopefully that development pans out and we have new restaurants and stores in the area. White Oaks hopefully starts more development soon and adds more good paying jobs. The 79 corridor is one of the few bright spots in this state.
Was up there a couple of days ago. Looks like another restaurant is almost built near what will be Shogun but I couldn’t tell exactly what it is?

Old 11-19-2018, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNada View Post
Was up there a couple of days ago. Looks like another restaurant is almost built near what will be Shogun but I couldn’t tell exactly what it is?
I read that they are putting up 3-4 buildings. One is Aspen Dental. there will also be a Verizon store, Penn Station and a Qdoba.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or