U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 05:30 AM

1,683 posts, read 1,546,707 times

Advertisements

Large outdoor resort, water park planned for Mason County | News | herald-dispatch.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 07:10 AM

1,596 posts, read 823,021 times
Wow, let's hope this nightmare doesn't happen.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:15 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,535,944 times
That would be a fantastic location for what the article mentions.

Old 09-11-2018, 01:14 PM

1,170 posts, read 1,915,390 times
I say go for it! I really don't see how anyone could be against this (both my opinion and a challenge). Great location also near the I-77 corridor, Columbus, Cincinnati and even the Charleston/Huntington metro.

West Virginia must diversify or she will continue to plummet. This is a step in the right direction.

I'd love to see the developers tie the project into Mothman somehow. This could further help bring in tourist $$.

Old 09-11-2018, 05:55 PM

191 posts, read 93,046 times
What some one needs to do is build several fallout 76 themed paint ball parks at the in game locations.

Old 09-11-2018, 06:40 PM

1,683 posts, read 1,546,707 times
I think that making this proposed development as diverse as possible should be the goal. Why not have a paint ball field or area? What about a golf course? Disc golf? Mountain biking trails to go with the ATV trails? Maybe explore having tree top obstacles courses like they have at Adventures on the Gorge? An arcade that offers batting cages, games, and a rock climbing wall?

What about a football/soccer field that can host the state high school championships? If you have the other amenities to help draw people in, it could be a great destination for those championship weekends. What about a smaller gym that can host high school games? A holiday basketball tournament weekend where the teams can take advantage of the other amenities, much like what I suggested for soccer and football.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:49 PM

191 posts, read 93,046 times
What the article said about the Yogi parking being a planned destination is true, a net from from Pitty and his kids had planned 3 months ahead to go to a yogi water park 3 states away and it kept the kids excited for 3 months.

This may be one if not thee most southern Yogi parks and they need to expanded advertising awareness south a few states

DOh researching and they have more in the south than I thought or last i looked but it's still described as a Midwest chain, looking at the map I see a 500 or 600 miles empty space with no yogi parks centered on Huntington

Old 09-13-2018, 04:09 PM

69 posts, read 29,149 times
As a former Mason County resident, I think the jobs added would be a boon for the local population. That said, 35 parallels the Kanawha River for several miles and the flood potential would need to be taken into account in its development. I also wonder about the ability to consistently draw travelers to the area. It's not exactly on the path to anywhere popular or populous other than maybe as a route between Columbus or Cleveland, OH and Charleston, WV. Hope it goes well!

Old 09-14-2018, 08:29 AM

96 posts, read 84,354 times
I'm not rooting against this project, but I'll go ahead and say I'll be shocked if this actually happens. Just sounds too good to be true.

Old 09-14-2018, 06:01 PM

778 posts, read 526,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CybSecGuy View Post
As a former Mason County resident, I think the jobs added would be a boon for the local population. That said, 35 parallels the Kanawha River for several miles and the flood potential would need to be taken into account in its development. I also wonder about the ability to consistently draw travelers to the area. It's not exactly on the path to anywhere popular or populous other than maybe as a route between Columbus or Cleveland, OH and Charleston, WV. Hope it goes well!

Charleston may not be the most important part of this highway location, but it has something that is hard to find elsewhere:

To drive south or north on the east coast, one must either traverse the heavily congested I-95 corridor through all of the hellish places like Washington D.C., Baltimore or Philadelphia or move 500 to 600 miles west and take the Cincinnati to Lexington to Knoxville route. The middle path is through Charleston, where 3 interstate systems intersect. There are only a few hubs like that around the nation, where 3 or more interstates intersect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or