U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-11-2019, 06:07 PM
 
435 posts, read 307,665 times
Reputation: 252

Advertisements

Charleston ranked 3rd most unhappy city in nation. Thank God for Detroit.

https://wchstv.com/news/local/charle...-america-study
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-12-2019, 02:09 PM
 
191 posts, read 92,769 times
Reputation: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by magixraid View Post
I have lived here my whole life and it actually made me so depressed that resently i turned emo but not the point. Part of it being so depressing is the buildings the drugs and all the horriable depressing things that they have laid on the poor teachers to worry about so heavly

I have to move there because no ware else has housing so cheap I can buy a home on my retirement and be close to bus and doctors. I just hope there is at least one nerdy lady who has never been high and thinks a party is watching star trek, playing board games and making costumes... while wearing glasses. It will be depressing if only tattooed opiheads in contacts want me to make them leather bodices and watch football

Last edited by Wyvern-Quill; 03-12-2019 at 02:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2019, 07:54 PM
 
Location: Cumberland
5,258 posts, read 8,459,081 times
Reputation: 3691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern-Quill View Post
I have to move there because no ware else has housing so cheap I can buy a home on my retirement and be close to bus and doctors. I just hope there is at least one nerdy lady who has never been high and thinks a party is watching star trek, playing board games and making costumes... while wearing glasses. It will be depressing if only tattooed opiheads in contacts want me to make them leather bodices and watch football
You crack me up, man. I don't doubt you will find what you are looking for.

Great points though. What works for one person doesn't for another, and for many of us West Virginia (or closely neighboring areas) is what we are looking for in a home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2019, 01:15 PM
 
Location: Martinsburg, West Virginia
1,170 posts, read 1,915,144 times
Reputation: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern-Quill View Post
I have to move there because no ware else has housing so cheap I can buy a home on my retirement and be close to bus and doctors. I just hope there is at least one nerdy lady who has never been high and thinks a party is watching star trek, playing board games and making costumes... while wearing glasses. It will be depressing if only tattooed opiheads in contacts want me to make them leather bodices and watch football
Lol! You will be fine. Don't fall for the stereotypes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2019, 02:09 AM
 
191 posts, read 92,769 times
Reputation: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
You crack me up, man. I don't doubt you will find what you are looking for.

Great points though. What works for one person doesn't for another, and for many of us West Virginia (or closely neighboring areas) is what we are looking for in a home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
Lol! You will be fine. Don't fall for the stereotypes.

My hope is that as Huntington has 3 nerd conventions a year I will meet a nerdy girl who will have a mom who has a lonely nerdy sister who stays home and reads fantasy romance books to her cats on Saturday Nights and cries because no one takes her to the $2 theater and taco bell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2019, 04:39 PM
 
10,094 posts, read 12,748,890 times
Reputation: 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern-Quill View Post
My hope is that as Huntington has 3 nerd conventions a year I will meet a nerdy girl who will have a mom who has a lonely nerdy sister who stays home and reads fantasy romance books to her cats on Saturday Nights and cries because no one takes her to the $2 theater and taco bell
Whew … you really do seem to be looking for a depressing situation. When things get slow, you can always turn to Internet message boards if you want to be depressed. There is no reason to be disappointed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2019, 05:11 AM
 
191 posts, read 92,769 times
Reputation: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Whew … you really do seem to be looking for a depressing situation. When things get slow, you can always turn to Internet message boards if you want to be depressed. There is no reason to be disappointed.

But why would she be depressed after a bargain Matinee and Taco bell, i'd let her get any thing she wants off the dollar menu
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2019, 08:51 AM
 
Location: Martinsburg, West Virginia
1,170 posts, read 1,915,144 times
Reputation: 509
One thing that damages WV more than poverty and most of our issues ever will is frequent negative publicity and comments. Not pointing any fingers, just making a broad statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2019, 11:55 AM
 
198 posts, read 306,400 times
Reputation: 138
Weirton, Wheeling, Beckley and Charleston all make appearances on the list of 25 fastest shrinking cities:



https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ents/39199277/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2019, 03:52 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh, Hilly South, Land of Doors
1,596 posts, read 822,290 times
Reputation: 2025
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAEER View Post
Weirton, Wheeling, Beckley and Charleston all make appearances on the list of 25 fastest shrinking cities:



https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ents/39199277/
USA Today though. They can't GIVE that newspaper away. Wheeling on the list? Nah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top