U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 06:13 AM

10,091 posts, read 12,741,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
I would agree, and say this rough border existed before the exurban communities started to explode in Berkeley and Jefferson Counties. Nice places, but they always seemed more like the Shenandoah Valley of VA, than the parts of WV I am familiar with.
They essentially are the Shenandoah Valley, which is in both West Virginia and Virginia merging with the Potomac at Harpers Ferry in Jefferson County. When the two branches of the Shenandoah form a single 40 mile long river, half of it is in West Virginia and half in Virginia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2019, 06:48 PM

1,170 posts, read 1,914,281 times
"High tech research and development firm" moving their corporate headquarters to an abandoned property in Martinsburg.

City of Martinsburg: 20+ acres sold to high-tech research and development firm | 93.7 FM & 1340 AM WEPM | The Voice of the Panhandle | Martinsburg, WV

Old 03-27-2019, 08:15 PM

10,091 posts, read 12,741,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
"High tech research and development firm" moving their corporate headquarters to an abandoned property in Martinsburg.

City of Martinsburg: 20+ acres sold to high-tech research and development firm | 93.7 FM & 1340 AM WEPM | The Voice of the Panhandle | Martinsburg, WV
That will be great for the EP. It will draw in many well paid professionals to diversify the economic base.

Old 03-28-2019, 01:48 AM

1,930 posts, read 3,534,170 times
Quote:

That's great news. It sounds to me like they wanted to relocate to be closer to DC where they are doing R&D for government contracts.

I wish Huntington/Charleston could attract more high tech jobs like this.

Old 04-17-2019, 05:09 AM

One Life Fitness has announced plans to build a 65,000 square foot "sports club" in Martinsburg.

Additionally, One Life purchased Golds Gym on the north side of Martinsburg.

One Life recently opened at the former Macy's in Hagerstown. I haven't been inside, but the website shows indoor pools, several fitness classes, etc.

If the company sticks to the amenities they've announced for the Martinsburg site, this will be one impressive facility. Definitely an asset to Berkeley County.

https://www.heraldmailmedia.com/brig...c362dfcba.html

I wonder where it will locate?

Old 04-17-2019, 09:36 AM

70 posts, read 62,312 times
One Life also did the same in Winchester (got the Gold's gym and the defunct Gander Mountain store.

Old 04-18-2019, 09:17 AM

23 posts, read 24,480 times
Quote:
I wonder where it will locate?
I'm betting the old KMart/Shop 'n Save property.

Old 04-19-2019, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Gatzby View Post
I'm betting the old KMart/Shop 'n Save property.
I'll pitch in on that bet.

Or perhaps the new commercial development going in across from The Commons. Looking at OneLife's portfolio, it seems they build a lot of their own fitness centers from the ground up.

Old 05-01-2019, 12:31 PM

84 posts, read 150,775 times
I just posted another thread about how to get real rural land in EP. It's getting harder and harder. I visited Charles Town last year and couldn't believe it, so many housing developments, could still smell the paint drying. And Martinsburg, that just seems like Hagerstown/Frederick. I don't think I could look in any of the eastern 3 counties. Hampshire & Hardy county have parts that still seem like the real WV, but I think it's going to be harder and harder to find affordable land/housing in the EP as the DC bedroom communities expand ever-westward.

Old 05-01-2019, 06:24 PM

5,257 posts, read 8,454,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondeye View Post
I just posted another thread about how to get real rural land in EP. It's getting harder and harder. I visited Charles Town last year and couldn't believe it, so many housing developments, could still smell the paint drying. And Martinsburg, that just seems like Hagerstown/Frederick. I don't think I could look in any of the eastern 3 counties. Hampshire & Hardy county have parts that still seem like the real WV, but I think it's going to be harder and harder to find affordable land/housing in the EP as the DC bedroom communities expand ever-westward.
I answered in your other thread.....but western Morgan County is still very remote and rural. Head to Paw Paw (or just use Google maps) and you will see what I mean.

I would argue eastern Morgan County isn't really part of the Wash/Balt. metro yet, still under 20k total in the entire county, but growing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or