Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 11:52 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,313,572 times

Advertisements

Many Repubs know that and register as Dem's...pick the lesser of the evils and vote their real conscious in the General.

Third Parties have been held out of the process by lumping them into the Repub's.

Dem's choice is eliminated that way...its elitist...keeps the party pure and Democrat...

West Virginia will be bought by Mrs Clinton...her money is everywhere now...got here last week. all the old gurad Demo's are touting her.
Only takes a few million to buy WV. Remember Jack Kennedy? did it with 1.5 million of pop's money...was told not to spend 5 cents more than he had to....
Senator Rocky bought us with hotdogs and cokes...he was really cheap...promised 50,000 jobs...what a laugh...took 25 years to get them..

Last edited by David Kennedy; 05-04-2008 at 12:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 08:55 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,781,454 times
Default weevils rules

Welp, women didn't make a lobbyist system. Criticize Ross Perot for all he is, but he used his money toward the real objective of fair debates and real issues. It took his power/money influence to make it happen for third parties to be taken seriously, and he got nothing but grief and threats to his family in repayment. Yes, he's kinda goofy. Rich people are allowed, only they lovingly characterize as eccentric. LOL

Founders were VERY concerned about banking having too much control over economics. Jefferson warned us about commerce getting too big for its britches. Eisenhower warned us about the military industrial complex.

I can't blame a candidate for playing by the rules someone else wrote, but when she's in office, I can petition her to truly reform campaign finance to level the playing field for real and encourage a climate of honesty. She's well qualified, and I just pray that her heart stays in the right place.

Obama, as well meaning as he might be, has yet to show me how he plans to deliver anything- he has a dream but can't make it happen. He's got something of a militant liberal mentality that doesn't work to unite the country, but continues the trend of dividing that repubs have dined on for 8 yrs. I can almost hear a subtitle behind his speeches blaming people for making money as being the cause of poverty. That's backwards and historically gets us all nowhere fast. Wealthy teaching folks how to fish works, blaming them for success is just retarded.

Hillary has a track record of delivering in her 2 terms senate for NY, and her incumbent support there is quite strong. Can you say that about all incumbents, or do the citizens know better what promises were kept?

Mccain had my respect until he threw in with the crappioca thats killing the repub's trying to please the worst element of the ann coulter/limbaugh party. He's having trouble being his own man this late date in life, I doubt he can rise to the challenge with that albatross around his neck. His tail went tucked after bush family dirty attacks from primaries gone by, and I'm afraid they've successfully broken him of his commitment to be true to the real party philosophy vs the special interest greed undermining OUR country now. The tacky kid chit mantra 'with us or against us' deeply hurts repubs and keeps this country divided while they get by with murder.

Ron Paul didn't play by the rules in effect, so he will sadly be marginalized without any chance of being elected due to electoral college process framework. I welcome anyone to share his views in this forum, and promise to listen earnestly. Same for the edwards dude, which I didn't get to hear enough about before they weeded him off the charts (or did he quit?). Third parties rising up to get the laws revamped for level playing field has my support 100%.

On a lighter note, the most ridiculous sad but true reasons I've heard people wouldn't vote for a candidate:
-nobodys vote counts, the ballots are all fixed for predetermined results. (hearing this breaks my heart)
-they won't vote for hillary because she might get menopause and hit a button during a raging hotflash.
-they won't vote for hillary because she'll use the entire force of US military babysitting bill to keep him faithful (roflmao).
-they won't vote for obama, because its a vast conspiracy for muslim control of our govt, insisting his middle name is hussein as a secret message to others in islamic power to flood american shores and buy up all the convenience stores. (It was everything I could do to not bust out laughing out loud)
-they won't vote for obama because the 'blacks' will be given permission to riot every city in the country unchecked. (Is there a proper response to this fearful reasoning?)
-they won't vote for mccain because he might have flashbacks from his POW days, triggering nuclear hallocaust apocolypse now style. (anyone thinking all americans are fair to vets, what do you think about this one?)
-they won't vote for the better candidate (whom ever that would be) if they aren't living up to their personal 'moral standard', because then god won't be on our country's side. (god only loves some of his children?)
-they won't vote for a woman, a black, a mormon, catholic or any candidate different from WASP because they believe they'd get assasinated by secret societies if they won, sending the nation into a leaderless tailspin.

Yes, these are my fellow americans... from every state of the union, not just NY, CA, TX, IL or WV. Sorry Europe, Africa, South America and Asia. They're my kin.
<skulks away>

Old 05-05-2008, 12:27 AM

531 posts, read 1,744,017 times
I've heard from several people (including a family member) that the ballots are"fixed" and it won't matter who they vote for. I think the 2000 election put this idea in many peoples heads.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:06 AM

The ballots have been fixed in the past...dad voted in the 1984 election and had been dead 2 yrs...
Ross Perot? Was the Haliburton of Viet Nam...not a single thing was flown there to aid the troops, but it was flown on his planes...and LBJ was from Texas too...I've been on Ross's airport...It's bigger that our B-52 base on Guam. I voted for Ross and would do it again. In my county, those votes were challenged and thrown out as I recall.
LBJ and Vietnam made him very wealthy...very much like Cheney and Haliburton.

What I like about the Clintons? they go directly to the source...Saudi's....Chinese and ask for the money, point blank. Eliminates a lot of time that way..I'm voting for Hillary...know exactly what I'm getting...not so with Obama and as a college professor said last week at FSU...I'm holding my nose when I do it...(well said, Paul E....)

Jokingly, I will suggest that the lobbist system came with the Norman/French in 1066 at Hastings.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:04 PM

West Virginia prediction....Clinton 58% Obama 35% very large turnout...and a lot of publicity for Clinton...all the troops are lined up on our borders....it goes on and on..

Listen to Limbaugh on Monday...Obama's said to be furious about Limbaugh's intervention? In Wv...Limbaugh doesn't know we're on the map...

Won't mean anything here...the bucks have been spread heavily and they have Hillary's pic's on them...everybody got some...her votes are in the bag.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:41 PM

2,429 posts, read 7,236,021 times
Quote:
Remember Jack Kennedy? did it with 1.5 million of pop's money...was told not to spend 5 cents more than he had to....
I think old Joe K's quote was "All I want to do is buy an election, not a landslide." I heard (I was very young then, so take it FWIW) that the going rate was $5 and a pint.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:54 AM

$5 and a pint and in Logan and McDowell...bussed to the precincts in Public School buses...a person can still make $40/$50 on a good day and have a great time partying on the bus.
It's called non-forced bussing...
the buying of elections in Wv...goes back to the whiskey barrel in front of the
Courthouse and the Whigs and Federalists...
Joe Kennedy? That was only about $2.00 a piece...he was a cheapskate...not a bad buy for the Presidency of the country...and the ladies loved Jack too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia