Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2008, 08:16 AM

385 posts, read 1,920,858 times

Advertisements

The Nationwide Insurance Agent Tom Maiden?

We have/had our home insurance with them and then this week we got a letter from Nationwide listing options for a new agent in the area. (BTW - any recommendations? Tom Jones in Kearnysville is now closest to us).

I know Mr. Maiden is a local, I often saw his car in and around Shepherdstown.

They bought/rented? the bank building across the street from Food Lion just recently (the office used to be in the professsional center on Maddex Drive before then).

But without warning, POOF! The bank building is for rent and the sign is GONE!

Does anybody know what happened?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 10:50 AM

19,758 posts, read 22,666,896 times
For whatever reason he is no longer providing insurance products for Nationwide. I do believe he is sstill practicing as a certified financial planner.

Old 04-26-2008, 03:28 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,314,623 times
Nationwide is a strange company...we had them for years...a friend sold for them, and they were always doing things like making his territory smaller, which affected his salary. He eventually broke off and set up a multi-vendor agency.

We changed to Metropolitian...out of state in Ohio and have never looked back...have been the best and because they are so big, we aren't hit up with high rates to build a new super office complex in Columbus...as we were doing at that time with Nationwide.
I resented that...building their building...It's one of the big one's in the Columbus skyline..

Advice on insurance....you must shop...its just like a good cut of beef...value is in the buyer's eye and the after taste...good luck. If you liked that man's service...call him...he will continue to be of service...the best do that.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:57 PM

2 posts, read 5,512 times
Tom Maiden recieved military orders in April 2008 for his involuntary recall to active duty through June 2009 to serve in Iraq. Once Tom completes his patriotic service, he will re-open his office in June 2009.

Tom writes an excellent weekly column in The Shepherdstown Chronicle and The Jounal about his military experiences. You may write to Tom in Iraq at the following military address:
Tom Maiden
Unit 931003 TFT-PT
APO AE 09391

Old 12-04-2008, 07:13 AM

385 posts, read 1,920,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by June2009 View Post
Tom Maiden recieved military orders in April 2008 for his involuntary recall to active duty through June 2009 to serve in Iraq. Once Tom completes his patriotic service, he will re-open his office in June 2009.

Tom writes an excellent weekly column in The Shepherdstown Chronicle and The Jounal about his military experiences. You may write to Tom in Iraq at the following military address:
Tom Maiden
Unit 931003 TFT-PT
APO AE 09391
Cool.. actually, my husband and I ran into him at the building he was using as his insurance office in Shepherdstown. He was checking on something and we recognized his car and stopped. We talked to him and he let us know what was happening. I entrirely forgot about this post.

Thanks!

Old 07-11-2009, 04:12 PM

2 posts, read 5,512 times
Great News! Tom Maiden has completed his military duty in Iraq. He will be re-opening his "independent" insurance agency on Monday, August 3, 2009, at 7866 Martinsburg Pike in Shepherdstown, West Virginia. * One of the insurance companies he will be representing is Erie Insurance. * Also, he is re-opening with a new name (Tom Maiden's Insurance Outfitters). * The telephone # for Tom Maiden's Insurance Outfitters is 304-876-0822
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia