Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2020, 06:25 AM

29 posts, read 15,330 times

Advertisements

I have been with Verizon for over 15 years and have never had a problem with my service until I came here to due to a health scare with one of my parents. I was reading through the forums and someone mentioned proximity to Green Bank, but the circle for that expands well in to where I live in VA, and I have zero issue there (Charlottesville, Staunton, Harrisonburg), so I don't think that's the issue. It seriously reminds me of a place where we lived in WI, where they deliberately squelched national carriers to try to push people into paying for inferior plans with inferior carriers. My mom's AT&T seems to be okay, so what gives with Verizon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2020, 10:21 AM

632 posts, read 832,531 times
The posts that you saw are correct, it has to do entirely with Green Bank. Green Bank is more protected by the mountains from Staunton and Harrisonburg so more towers are allowed to be built there. Charlottesville is outside of the NRQZ. Elkins is also much closer than those places to Green Bank. Ultimately, Green Bank has final say on what gets built in the NRQZ. Elkins and much of the mountains will never have great service. And yes, ATT typically does a little better in that area than Verizon. This has nothing to do with any conspiracy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
View detailed profiles of: