Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2010, 11:05 AM

240 posts, read 831,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by REESEY View Post
Is this the project that was supposed to be by KMART off route 9 and if not whatever happened to it which was supposed to include HOME DEPOT and BJ'S
My understanding of the brief article it sounds like this property:

Property Website

This is an large L Shaped parcel of land that fronts Route 45 (Apple Harvest Drive) near The Gallery entrance and fronts a little of Interstate 81 and sits directly behind The Commons.

If you notice at The Commons, the entrance road (Retail Commons Parkway) extends past Target and stops at a wooden fence. It appears the road could easily be extended to the property behind for further development. It was in the Martinsburg Journal a couple months ago that Blue Ridge Community College was also buying a piece of this farm for their new campus. So its possible that Blue Ridge CTC and AIG will be partnering for development. Maybe a Town Center theme. Just speculation, we'll know more when the plans are on the county's website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 03:10 PM

1,383 posts, read 2,509,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD35 View Post

Property Website

This is an large L Shaped parcel of land that fronts Route 45 (Apple Harvest Drive) near The Gallery entrance and fronts a little of Interstate 81 and sits directly behind The Commons.

If you notice at The Commons, the entrance road (Retail Commons Parkway) extends past Target and stops at a wooden fence. It appears the road could easily be extended to the property behind for further development. It was in the Martinsburg Journal a couple months ago that Blue Ridge Community College was also buying a piece of this farm for their new campus. So its possible that Blue Ridge CTC and AIG will be partnering for development. Maybe a Town Center theme. Just speculation, we'll know more when the plans are on the county's website.
This is great news!!! Thank you very much. I'm looking forward to hearing the tenant line-up and/or seeing a site plan in the near future. Thanks again!!!

Old 01-05-2010, 10:53 AM

385 posts, read 1,920,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebDude View Post
I visited Bombay Peacock last night, and I must say I was pleased. The place is a tad small, probably 12-14 tables, but business was good. My wife had the Spinach Chicken Curry, and I had the Chicken Vindaloo. Both were excellent, and full of flavor. Even the chef came out and asked us how the meal was -- impressive.

We also spoke with the owners during our meal. They mentioned that they can alter the spice level to conform to your liking. So, if you think something will be to spicy, you can ask for a milder version.

They also mentioned the Martinsburg location (same building as the Long & Foster) has had a setback, but still plan on proceeding. It also sounds like they will have a store in Hagerstown, and perhaps a couple franchises in the immediate DC area.

They also tell us that the head chef is making a recipe book to go on sale in a few months, full of various Indian dishes. If this is true, I can't wait. I'll be there to snatch one up.

My wife and I will be going back. There are many more dishes we want to try.

Yeah, Chef Yudhbir rocks. I'm glad you like the place. I really want to see the restaurant do well because I like seeing local businesses do well - especially in such a difficult economy.

Old 01-10-2010, 01:04 PM

Default Breaking News!!!

Breaking news...

Subway and Tropical Smoothie Cafe have recently signed leases at The Commons!!!

http://planning.berkeleycountycomm.o...sh&dbase=41100

I'm really excited about Tropical Smoothie, since we don't have any thing like that in the area, however Subway isn't really appealing to me. In my opinion, there are WAY too many Subways in the area. There has to be at least seven just in Berkeley County. Oh well, at least the stores are filling up!!! -mmccul

Old 01-10-2010, 01:23 PM

267 posts, read 1,360,827 times
Quote:

Property Website

My cousin claims she heard on NBC 25 and ABC3 that a radio station is being built near the Commons though they didn't say which one, my guess is it would be the Prettyman Company ( they own Lite 97.5 ) not WRNR as that station is deeply in debt and up for sale, how could they afford to move?

Old 01-11-2010, 03:17 PM

240 posts, read 831,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
Breaking news...

Subway and Tropical Smoothie Cafe have recently signed leases at The Commons!!!

I'm really excited about Tropical Smoothie, since we don't have any thing like that in the area, however Subway isn't really appealing to me. In my opinion, there are WAY too many Subways in the area. There has to be at least seven just in Berkeley County. Oh well, at least the stores are filling up!!! -mmccul
Great News about Tropical Smoothie Cafe!! I looked at their menu and in addition to smoothies, they have sandwiches, salads, wraps, flatbreads, and breakfast. They should do very well. About Subway I looked on their website, this will be #12 for Berkeley County HAHA.

Old 01-11-2010, 04:44 PM

1,502 posts, read 7,377,399 times
Quote:
Great News about Tropical Smoothie Cafe!! I looked at their menu and in addition to smoothies, they have sandwiches, salads, wraps, flatbreads, and breakfast. They should do very well. About Subway I looked on their website, this will be #12 for Berkeley County HAHA.
Thanks for pointed that out about Tropical Smoothie, I most likely would of never went but I too got on their website and it looks like they have some good sandwiches too.

I don't get the Subway thing, we got some gift certificates for them at Christmas and did go (haven't eaten there in about 15 years). It was okay but I still don't think you can't beat Sheetz subs.

Last edited by Janipoo; 01-11-2010 at 04:59 PM.. Reason: fixed spelling

Old 01-11-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Wow, #12, that's unbelievable, lol!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-12-2010, 07:49 AM

385 posts, read 1,920,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janipoo View Post
Thanks for pointed that out about Tropical Smoothie, I most likely would of never went but I too got on their website and it looks like they have some good sandwiches too.

I don't get the Subway thing, we got some gift certificates for them at Christmas and did go (haven't eaten there in about 15 years). It was okay but I still don't think you can't beat Sheetz subs.

Wow, really? I LOVE Subway! I'd eat a 6" toasted oven roasted chicken breast sandwich on 9-Grain Honey Oat with provolone, spinach, tomatoes, red onions and low-fat honey mustard every day if I could.

Sheetz does have good sandwiches, but they aren't very good for you (and the one's that are aren't very appetizing). Not saying Subway has the healthiest food on the planet, but I feel at least I know what I'm getting. I do like the new Grab N' Go section at Sheetz. I always grab the little snack packs!

Old 01-12-2010, 01:06 PM

1,502 posts, read 7,377,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th Direction View Post
Wow, really? I LOVE Subway! I'd eat a 6" toasted oven roasted chicken breast sandwich on 9-Grain Honey Oat with provolone, spinach, tomatoes, red onions and low-fat honey mustard every day if I could.

Sheetz does have good sandwiches, but they aren't very good for you (and the one's that are aren't very appetizing). Not saying Subway has the healthiest food on the planet, but I feel at least I know what I'm getting. I do like the new Grab N' Go section at Sheetz. I always grab the little snack packs!
Are you working for Jarrett? . Actually I would say Subway has gotten a lot better since the last time I had eaten there. But I do love Sheetz coffee bar too so I can get get 2 not so good things for me while I am there.....Oh did I mention I been buying my cigarettes there too .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia