Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 08:13 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,292,628 times

Advertisements

Hillery & daughter were at Shepherdstown today...I was wondering If anyone seen & heard her speach....IF you did do you think what they said makes you want to vote for her??

Old 05-08-2008, 09:43 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,313,572 times
I'm holding my nose and voting for her...that will make GHO happy..If she could manage Bill all those years...she can manage the government...It really doesn't take too much to do that...

Old 05-09-2008, 12:04 AM

396 posts, read 923,746 times
DK, are you a democrat???????????????????????????????
What a surprise!

Old 05-09-2008, 07:56 AM

Old style...'Yellow Dog Democrat...My party left me behind ages ago..we were very conservative...something that has reached the polar extreme and is shifting back.

When Rocky bought his Senate seat, I was so angry I re-registered as a Repub for about 10 years...If he was a Democrat, that meant I was a Republican...
Came back around when Charlotte Pritt ran for gov..got involved in her campaign and came back to the party.

She would have brought Wv out of the quadmire...they ruined her...reputation..everything...stomped her into a mud hole...the good old boys taught her a lesson about Wv politics...
She was our last chance at honesty...

Old 05-09-2008, 08:17 AM

19,750 posts, read 22,661,296 times
I would literally convulse and choke on my own vomit if my finger even got anywhere near the lever for Hillary.

When I read about the Harvey Weinstein threats to Pelosi, the backroom strong arming on capital hill, I simply cannot understand why anyone would want to throw the lever her way. If you do, you have to be in some bizarre catatonic stupor. What a carpet-bagging charlatan.

There. That’s my first and last political opine for this God awful presidential season.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:00 AM

With NO ONE to choose from in this entire country...and this is the crap that is given to us as an electorate...I decided to see it in a humorous vein...after all, the JOKE clearly is on us...as fools for allowing this to happen...

We need a good dose of that same old same old to get our heads cleared once and for all..

The philandering and the bribes will all be out in the open when she is elected...we can choke on some real vomit then...

My hope is that the party will completely self-destruct and someone other than the same old Carville's and Deans's will come forward to really lead us.

Our party is sick...it may need to die before it can live again...

Old 05-09-2008, 09:56 AM

2,429 posts, read 7,236,021 times
I always thought that John Heinz would have been a good President... charismatic, compassionate, not a career politician. Colin Powell is another, but he's probably too old by now.

It's probably going to take someone coming from out of nowhere to break the mold, like Reagan did in the 80s. Maybe a high-tech CEO, or an athlete... someone with enough name-recognition to overcome the advantages of the established parties.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:01 AM

19,750 posts, read 22,661,296 times
A Bill Gates and Lance Armstrong ticket?

Old 05-09-2008, 10:01 AM

Heinz was in the loop...that's why his widow married John Kerry.. German connection?

Colin Powell saw it for what it is...puked and retired..in that order. He is certainly qualified. Powell's retirement money is adequate...

If Joe Manchin survives this election and takes RC Byrd's seat...he will make a go at the Presidency..He is in REAL trouble now!

Old 05-09-2008, 11:46 AM

2,021 posts, read 4,615,224 times
I agree with DK that if Hillary can manage Bill Clinton then she can manage this nation. Not trying to start a political debate but depsite Bill's love for other women this nation enjoyed some of the greatest periods of economic expansion during his presidency in addition to having awesome foreign relations with countries all over the world..they all hate us now. It was so embarassing when I went to Europe a few years ago and our tour guides told us to tell people we were from Canada because nobody liked Americans (except for their tourist $$). Even though she is fully capable of managing the job by herself I would have no problem with her seeking a second opinion from Bill when that phone rings at 3 am lol.

I just don't understand the Hillary hatred. Many of my "religious" relatives despise her and are never afraid to say derogatory things about the woman but then they can never really provide a solid reason for their hate. They "don't trust her" yet they believe every word that comes out of Bush's mouth as if jesus christ himself said it. I have my own theories as to why they truly hate her, perhaps closest sexism, etc but won't go there..

Everyone is always so quick to through the B**** word at Hillary but honestly I don't think anybody wants a pushover in the White House, she wouldn't take crap from anybody man or woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia