Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2022, 12:30 PM

137 posts, read 154,401 times

Advertisements

I am in Montana and will be checking out West VA in about a week to visit wifes family in Virginia. I am considering a relocate and plan on likely running my own retail business for construction supplies and will educate contractors and homeowners about products and proper usage of them. Does seem like an industry that is in need? I want acreage in the mountains but want to be within 20-30 minutes of 20,000+ town or city for work and medical. Would prefer a place with goos hospital reputation. Does this sound viable in this state?

Last edited by Cody01; 05-05-2022 at 12:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2022, 06:35 PM

16,673 posts, read 15,668,595 times
First rate hospitals are in Huntington, Charleston, and Morgantown. That includes level one and two trauma centers, transplants, cardiac, cancer, and everything else you can think of. Draw a circle around each city and pick a spot to check out.

Last edited by mensaguy; 05-05-2022 at 07:53 PM..

Old 05-06-2022, 06:22 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,882,478 times
While I welcome all comers to WV, my first gut reaction is it may be hard to break into your market as a construction supplier.

Most of the areas Mensa mentioned are well-covered by Lowes, Home Depot, 84, Carter, and I believe Builders First Source is in the Charleston area. I would suggest you do serious research and maybe even contact the local Builders' Association to discuss you plan to obtain their reaction.

I wish you luck and hope things work out for you in our great state.

Old 05-06-2022, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjunkie View Post
While I welcome all comers to WV, my first gut reaction is it may be hard to break into your market as a construction supplier.

Most of the areas Mensa mentioned are well-covered by Lowes, Home Depot, 84, Carter, and I believe Builders First Source is in the Charleston area. I would suggest you do serious research and maybe even contact the local Builders' Association to discuss you plan to obtain their reaction.

I wish you luck and hope things work out for you in our great state.

Good to know. In our area there are those same stores but there is a need for specialty stores that have what the others dont provide. Are jobs in the area $20+ an hour with benefits? I have a lot of time running a business so I should be able to be not entry level.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:18 AM

10,848 posts, read 4,529,826 times
you asked this a month ago in PA...same parameters, and the answer is still the same, off of I81, north of winchester, south of the MD state line. but for people needing ag equipment, MD almost into PA to pa itself is the best place for your biz.

Old 05-06-2022, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
you asked this a month ago in PA...same parameters, and the answer is still the same, off of I81, north of winchester, south of the MD state line. but for people needing ag equipment, MD almost into PA to pa itself is the best place for your biz.
Ok, will try to make a little more east then and check it out.

Old 05-06-2022, 07:14 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,882,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody01 View Post
Good to know. In our area there are those same stores but there is a need for specialty stores that have what the others dont provide. Are jobs in the area $20+ an hour with benefits? I have a lot of time running a business so I should be able to be not entry level.
I have no idea on the pay/benefits. Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia