Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 01:27 PM

22 posts, read 62,923 times

Advertisements

I am looking to move to WV with my family and I was wondering if someone out there could give me some possible links or suggestions as to how to find some place in rural South-Eastern WV where the schools are good and the people are friendly. I am retired military and want to get back to the mountains of which I love dearly. I was thinging of Lewisburg area or near it. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 02:17 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,271,493 times
That entire sector is great...get the plans ready for the cabin...Lewisburg hosts the state fair..

Old 05-29-2008, 05:57 AM

967 posts, read 2,986,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milspec View Post
I am looking to move to WV with my family and I was wondering if someone out there could give me some possible links or suggestions as to how to find some place in rural South-Eastern WV where the schools are good and the people are friendly. I am retired military and want to get back to the mountains of which I love dearly. I was thinging of Lewisburg area or near it. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
I'm a soon-to-be-retired military officer. I found my slice of paradise in Hinton, WV. It's right off I-64 between Beckley and Lewisburg. The people in the area are very friendly and easy going. The air and water quality are the highest of any place in the nation. I'd put the link to where I found that info, but it was cut last time as a "competitor" web site. Shoot me a Direct Message if you'd like to know more about the area.

I just spent 2 weeks up there, it was very difficult to drag myself back east! The kids never want to leave.

~Mark

Old 05-29-2008, 07:46 AM

3,106 posts, read 7,351,474 times
Greenbrier County and Lewisburg are gorgeous.
Do these help any:
Greenbrier County's official website
Official City site of Lewisburg, West Virginia
http://www.newrivercvb.com/
http://www.visitwv.com/
Greenbrier (http://www.wv.gov/local/county/Pages/greenbrier.aspx - broken link)
Home | Greenbrier County, West Virginia

Last edited by vec101; 05-29-2008 at 07:47 AM.. Reason: Delete space

Old 05-29-2008, 07:49 AM

3,106 posts, read 7,351,474 times
OK, I am still getting used to this website. I guess when I put in the web address, this site puts in a link instead of the address. That is awesome.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:06 AM

2,429 posts, read 7,213,892 times
Here's another link you might want to check out:

Old Spruce Realty

We went to the Chocolate Festival in Lewisburg in April, and it was a lot of fun. Lewisburg is a very nice small town/city.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:02 PM

22 posts, read 62,923 times
Thank you all for your help and kindness.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:44 PM

23 posts, read 52,065 times
You will definitely fall in love with the area. My family has lived in the area for generations, although I grew-up in Cleveland, Ohio. My parents came back to the family home to retire. In Lewisburg...there is the wonderful General Lewis Inn to spend a few nights...the Shanghai Parade at New Year's, a community theater down on the main street, plus other cultural events at Carnegie Hall. My family has enjoyed going to Pipestem State Park and to Snowshoe for winter activities ( I can't ski, but I love to sit in the lodge). You will not regret it!

Old 06-05-2009, 11:09 PM

3 posts, read 5,106 times
around the beckley area you can check out

Beckley Board of REALTORS

Old 06-06-2009, 05:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,344 times
Thank you again for the replys. My wife and I are looking forward to the trip on monday, the 15th to cheak out all the good leads. ...and the dot mil guy, I need you direct .mil address again. I lost it. My address is milspec@schoollink.net.
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia