Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 05:38 PM
x1x

227 posts, read 805,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
too late DK, the horse just arrived, and when the city knocks on my door I'm blaming it all on x1x!

lmao HL when the city takes away your horse, we can get a bike built for 2, you peddle I will steer!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 11:21 PM

312 posts, read 1,059,208 times
I was way out in Wetzel Co. and came across a guy who was beating the system, big time! He was driving what I would describe as a homemade go-cart, with an old wooden door for a chasis, right down the highway! That's when I first realized I ain't in Ca. anymore. Seriously, if we all just did that or drove golf carts, what could they do about it? Can't arrest everybody, dang it. Gas would become barely relevant. Just like the workin' man!

Old 06-01-2008, 02:24 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,309,748 times
Golf carts are used in a lot of places in florida...drive them on the bike trails...

That's what this new generation of tiny 2 seater cars will be...part gasoline/part electric golf cart engines...all under a new hat.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:44 AM

566 posts, read 1,578,328 times
Oh the West Virginia hills, how majestic and so grand,....and steep! I coast down any slope. If I'm in a car that doesn't coast well, I put it in neutral.

Some of the econo cars should have been six speeds, either in auto or manual shift, some actually won't coast down a 7% grade in high gear. The Buick coasts very well.

I increased tire pressure as much as ten psi in some cases, no noticeable ride difference, noticeably lower rolling resistance.

Install a vacuum gauge on your dash, it will tell you when you are using more throttle than you really need.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:41 AM

566 posts, read 1,578,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x View Post
lmao HL when the city takes away your horse, we can get a bike built for 2, you peddle I will steer!!!!
Or get one of these...
Rhoades Car - Index 13553 Form

Hope this wasn't already posted....Find or report the cheapest/highest fuel. I saw the station at Rt. 47 and Newark Road had regular at $4.35 .
West Virginia Gas Prices - Find Cheap Gas Prices in West Virginia

Old 06-01-2008, 08:58 AM

2,429 posts, read 7,233,956 times
Here's a gas price search that let's you enter any zip in the country.

MSN Autos

It also shows the current national low, average, and high prices. For example, today the low is $3.469 in Juneau AK, the national average is $3.969 (that's about what it is in WPa today), and the highest is $5.099 in Nyack, NY.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:57 PM

312 posts, read 1,059,208 times
Snorpus- thanks for "MSN Autos", I was on there 3 hours. Looking for something "old" that gets good mileage and laughs at hills and bad weather. I was fine in the city with my old Ford Ranger, you could park it anywhere, and ...and...(sob).. I miss it so much...(sniff)... But suddenly I'm living in the mountains and gas is 4 bucks. Radical paradigm shift. I'm thinking pick-ups are too light in the rear for icy roads.

2Rivers- That Rhoades car would solve the problem, but it only goes downhill :=(

Old 06-02-2008, 01:41 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x View Post
OK You can steer and I'll peddle downhill, and I can steer and you peddle uphill. It's a deal!

Old 06-02-2008, 01:54 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Rivers View Post
Or get one of these...
Rhoades Car - Index 13553 Form

Hope this wasn't already posted....Find or report the cheapest/highest fuel. I saw the station at Rt. 47 and Newark Road had regular at $4.35 .
West Virginia Gas Prices - Find Cheap Gas Prices in West Virginia
two river I think you just ruined my free uphill ride deal with x1x, but I kind of like that rhoadescar. Usually when they don't post a price it means they didn't want to scare you off too soon.

X1X-- YOU LOOK! hahahahaa

Old 06-02-2008, 06:47 AM
x1x

227 posts, read 805,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
two river I think you just ruined my free uphill ride deal with x1x, but I kind of like that rhoadescar. Usually when they don't post a price it means they didn't want to scare you off too soon.

X1X-- YOU LOOK! hahahahaa

I checked it out and it loooks good, However I think I will wait and see what Obama's CHANGES will be? and Im sure he will have a BETTER WAY for us to get uphill? after all he always has a better way to do things!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia