Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 08:04 AM

1 posts, read 9,384 times

Advertisements

Our family is thinking about moving to Bridgeport,WV,can anyone recommend a good area that is safe(low crime rate)? To start off with we will rent a place to see how we like the area,can you give us some names of good places to live? We would need 3 bedrooms.How is the schools there?Any information that you have would be appreciated.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2007, 03:04 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine71 View Post
Our family is thinking about moving to Bridgeport,WV,can anyone recommend a good area that is safe(low crime rate)? To start off with we will rent a place to see how we like the area,can you give us some names of good places to live? We would need 3 bedrooms.How is the schools there?Any information that you have would be appreciated.

Thank you
I don't know first hand, but I've been doing a lot of research on that area and from what I can tell, Brigdeport High has about the best schools one could hope for in West Virginia...... Am looking at a job in Clarksburg and already had decided if I got it that we'd look in that area to live....

Good choice from what I can tell...... Someone who's actually been there might be able to tell you more....

Old 01-17-2007, 10:30 AM

69 posts, read 394,121 times
I lived in Brigeport for 3 years and it is a nice little town. Really there are no unsafe areas that I can think of. The schools are good and shopping is good as well. Also, Morgantown is not far and the big city of Pittsburgh is 2 hours away. We used Venture Real Estate. They have townhomes you can rent while you looking for a home..as long as you use Venture of course. If you log on to Homes and Land Magazine dot com, and use North Central WV as a locator, all of the offices and homes will pop up.

Old 01-17-2007, 09:59 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,990,663 times
Pretty much as long as you stay in the Brideport area you'll be ok... Just don't go across the interstate to live in Clarksburg, Its kinda slummier, and I believe it has a higher crime rate. Brideport is more of a family/residential town

Old 01-30-2007, 05:41 PM

458 posts, read 1,272,045 times
Clarksburg is not "slummier" -- it has beautiful older established neighborhoods with character. Much moreso than the cookie-cutter houses you'll find along the interstate in Bridgeport.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:31 PM

4 posts, read 26,843 times
I know Clarksburg/Bridgeport very well, considering I'm from Weston. There are basically no "bad" parts to live, with the exception of downtown, and it isn't bad, necessarily. Bridgeport High IS a good school..I know that it is considered "uppity" "rich" etc., due to the fact that Bridgeport is a well-established community. Also, Robert C. Byrd is a good High School.

Old 06-01-2007, 06:22 AM

7 posts, read 35,914 times
The middle school in bridgeport is one of the state. there are two elementary schools (Simpson ==excellent) and (Johnson-very good-excellent) : the middle school is one of the best...high school is very good. Lots of neighborhoods in Bridgeport....very safe....Clarksburg is older-lovely Victorian homes...downtown is lovely but rust belted...school are good-but consolidated...RCB High School is a state of the art construction with some excellent teachers. Look for homes in goff plaza, quality hill. Stealey. There are a lot of new developmens surrounding each city if that is what you like--if so-look at "Hill n Dale' right outside of Clarksburg, or the Clarksburg Country Club area....great for kids.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:48 PM

2 posts, read 10,900 times
I just signed a lease today to return to Cburg after 20 years of 'drifting'...I lived here from '74-86...and (ironically) was offered a job to reurn to the area. I JUMPED AT IT !!! Things have both changed and stayed the same.
It's MUCH more progressive than before, and the 'I-79 Corridor' is just now starting to explode with viable and long-lasting (and overdue) business and technology positions. Don't forget...the FBI moved about 10% of Washington DC's educated workforce here just a few years ago.. yet, it still has that 'undiscovered' appeal....at least until Senator Byrd 'retires'. I'd certainly reccomend North Central WV to anyone considering 'the move'. Just do your homework.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:22 PM

1 posts, read 8,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenaround View Post
I lived in Brigeport for 3 years and it is a nice little town. Really there are no unsafe areas that I can think of. The schools are good and shopping is good as well. Also, Morgantown is not far and the big city of Pittsburgh is 2 hours away. We used Venture Real Estate. They have townhomes you can rent while you looking for a home..as long as you use Venture of course. If you log on to Homes and Land Magazine dot com, and use North Central WV as a locator, all of the offices and homes will pop up.
I am considering a move in or around the Bridgeport area. I need a good middle school and high school. To please my husband he would like some land with about 10 acres, home needs to be at least 3 bedrooms and preferably 2 baths. Any input on the area or surrounding area would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:54 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,314,623 times
You will need at least a million to do that in Bridgeport.

What you are looking for does not exist there...for 10 acres of ground you will search into Jane Lew and Salem...Weston...Buckhannon...Shinnston and Grafton...all at least 30 to 45 minute drives from B'port.

1800+ new dwellings are planned for that area and land does not exist in those larger parcels...I would ask a realtor about Grafton and Shinnston first.
All of the schools are good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia