Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 07:38 PM

708 posts, read 1,157,353 times

Advertisements

All this data clearly shows Welch is the place to be, no need to twist facts, this cannot be disputed. We are 3:30 hours from Charlotte and 2:20 hours from Tri Cities,Tn. Also throw in that we are 53 minutes from Bluefield and 73 minutes from Beckley. Simply we are close to the the places where things are happening. And lets not forget our unemployment rate has dropped, no longer the worst in the state. Once the King Coal and Coalfelds Expressways are built in 35-50 years, this place will blow up. So you can have today, the future is ours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 07:44 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,876,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curseofwilmore View Post
all this data clearly shows welch is the place to be, no need to twist facts, this cannot be disputed. We are 3:30 hours from charlotte and 2:20 hours from tri cities,tn. Also throw in that we are 53 minutes from bluefield and 73 minutes from beckley. Simply we are close to the the places where things are happening. And lets not forget our unemployment rate has dropped, no longer the worst in the state. Once the king coal and coalfelds expressways are built in 35-50 years, this place will blow up. So you can have today, the future is ours.
^this

Old 01-20-2013, 08:56 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,044,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurseOfWilmore View Post
All this data clearly shows Welch is the place to be, no need to twist facts, this cannot be disputed. We are 3:30 hours from Charlotte and 2:20 hours from Tri Cities,Tn. Also throw in that we are 53 minutes from Bluefield and 73 minutes from Beckley. Simply we are close to the the places where things are happening. And lets not forget our unemployment rate has dropped, no longer the worst in the state. Once the King Coal and Coalfelds Expressways are built in 35-50 years, this place will blow up. So you can have today, the future is ours.
There you have it! It is hard to argue with pure logic. The truth is, Welch is a lovely place.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:06 PM

537 posts, read 958,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurseOfWilmore View Post
But your grape juice is lousy.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:13 PM

It is settled OP go to Welch.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:27 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,492,154 times
lulz

Old 01-21-2013, 12:06 AM

1,981 posts, read 5,990,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Actually I took it figuring out the distance might be too hard for some of our less educated users from southern WV so I took screenshots.

Isnt technology wonderful?

As we can see Pittsburgh is just a little further than Huntington is from Charleston, Elkins is much further than Morgantown is to Pittsburgh, and Morgantown is just a little further from DC than Elkins is.

Just so you know Herd, I do never get tired of being right. Do you ever get tired of always being wrong? Just dont get upset, we wouldnt want a repeat of that embarrassing episode you did a year ago.
Because people drive and in strait line?

Also, I'm not sure what I'd do without your screenshots letting me know Elkins is closer to DC than Morgantown and Morgantown is closer to Pittsburgh than Elkins. Who knows when, or how I would have figured that out. Also you are on ignore, but there is this great feature that allows you to view a post.

In fact, I posted how it was hijacked because I kept seeing "this user is on your ignore list" over and over and just assumed.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
Because people drive and in strait line?

Also, I'm not sure what I'd do without your screenshots letting me know Elkins is closer to DC than Morgantown and Morgantown is closer to Pittsburgh than Elkins. Who knows when, or how I would have figured that out. Also you are on ignore, but there is this great feature that allows you to view a post.

In fact, I posted how it was hijacked because I kept seeing "this user is on your ignore list" over and over and just assumed.
Hey, Herd.

Guess your ignore button is still broken.

I dont blame you GotaHerdOn. If I were you I couldnt use this forum without reading my awesome post either. I figured you could stand to have me on ignore for more than a week. I bet you could have went atleast a week before you broke down and begged me to talk to you again. Even I am impressed by how quick you came crawling back to me.

GottaHerrdOn Apparently you didnt know the distances between these places, because you gave the wrong numbers. In the words of GI Joe ,"now you know and knowing is half the battle." See when you talk to me you learn new things, like geography, the corruption of Charleston, and how Morgantown is the biggest city in the state. As long as you dont threaten to beat me up, and then run away hiding when called out you and I will get along fine.

You dont have to pretend to ignore me anymore. Lets just end this charade.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:51 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,564,324 times
Actually Hurricane WV is the largest city in WV. We must throw in the Tri-state population - it's only 15 - 25 miles the way the crow flies. Must add the Charleston MSA, again, taking the route of the crow..... Plus, the way the crow flies, Columbus OH is only about 120 miles, plus PBurg is less than 100, and let's not forget Beckley/Princeton/Bluefield - also less than 100 crow miles. That probably makes a population of about 3 million or so. Gee - new math is fun, right guys?

Old 01-21-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
Actually Hurricane WV is the largest city in WV. We must throw in the Tri-state population - it's only 15 - 25 miles the way the crow flies. Must add the Charleston MSA, again, taking the route of the crow..... Plus, the way the crow flies, Columbus OH is only about 120 miles, plus PBurg is less than 100, and let's not forget Beckley/Princeton/Bluefield - also less than 100 crow miles. That probably makes a population of about 3 million or so. Gee - new math is fun, right guys?

If it makes you feel any better it is part of the 4th biggest MSA in the state The Charleston-Huntington MSA.

Hurricane doesnt have as many people as Morgantown in a 30 square mile area, nor does it have as many as Huntington, Charleston, Wheeling, etc.

It is irrelevant how far a city is from someone else when it comes to actual population of the city. When it comes to the MSA if there is significant commuting between an area it could be included, but Columbus does not have any commuting with WV. It does with Huntington and Charleston though, hence it is part of that MSA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia