Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 09:51 AM

6 posts, read 11,810 times

Advertisements

I like Hefeweisen with banana juice...lol...

Or have u tried Jaegermeister????My husband drinks it with red bull...but I cant stand the smell of Jaegermeister....

@hinton bound

Wow ur german is great....do you have a german keyboard ???lol because the one s in fliessend I dont have it on my american laptop....lol....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 09:55 AM

Does anyone knows where exactly the Oktoberfest is tonight....

Old 06-26-2008, 10:06 AM

967 posts, read 2,995,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miriam30 View Post
I like Hefeweisen with banana juice...lol...

Or have u tried Jaegermeister????My husband drinks it with red bull...but I cant stand the smell of Jaegermeister....

@hinton bound

Wow ur german is great....do you have a german keyboard ???lol because the one s in fliessend I dont have it on my american laptop....lol....
Miriam,

Ich habe eine deutsche Tastatur nicht, aber ich kann speziellen charachters verwenden, um es richtig lesen zu lassen.
Mein Vater kommt aus Deutschland, eine Stadt genannt Walsrode. Wir sprachen viel Deutscher im Haus nicht, aber ich nahm wirklich das ganz ein bisschen gerade Hören auf. Ich auch zu deutsch in der Schule, die viele Jahre her war!
Ich weiß, dass Sie es in WV lieben werden. Das ist sehr schön, und die Leute sind sehr nett.

~Mark

Old 06-26-2008, 11:54 AM

Danke,

Ja es ist sehr schoen hier....fast wie oesterreich...lol...dein english ist sehr gut....mein mann versteht deutsch aber er redet es nicht....er hat angst das sich jemand lustig ueber ihn macht....lol...

ich lerne immer noch englisch irgendwann werde ich dann alles verstehen....lol..

Old 06-26-2008, 12:33 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,654,259 times
Sorry about my post earlier, I thought you were looking for a place with German folks / influence. I have zero clue about Charleston.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:24 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,373,763 times
Quote:
Does anyone knows where exactly the Oktoberfest is tonight....
The WV Power is a Minor League baseball team in Charleston. They are always having some kind of "special" night to promote the team and get people to attend the games. Tonight is Oktoberfest - not sure what all would be there. Directions to the park:
Directions to Appalachian Power Park

Curious - what are some of the things you see here that you don't in Germany?

Old 06-26-2008, 03:36 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,780,145 times
thanks vec, I needed driving directions myself!!! hahahaha

miriam- don't expect much more than people appreciating german culture. It's sort of like when chinese people come to america and wonder why americans call restaurants chinese food- it vaguely resembles what they know from home. heheheee Keep your expectations low, you'll have fun.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:46 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,780,145 times
Quote:
Thanks to all of you....

We will be moving to charleston...The Oktoberfest sounds great will see if I can make it there today....I've been to the oktoberfest in Munich and it was awsome....

I like heineken beer and my husband likes it to....lol...
Have you tried Hefeweizen beer ....????

My husband now loves german and austrian food and I need to get used to american food....lol...

Most of the stuff that you have here, I've never seen before...everytime I go to a store here I feel stupid cause when I tell my mother in law I've never seen something like that, people just looking at me like im from a different planet....lol....

I know one german speaking lady here in the charleston area but I dont want to meet just german speaking people ....

I just thought maybe I can get to know some people and it will make the move here a little easier for me....and my kids....

It still scares me a little when I think about it...lol...I lived in Europe all my life....17 years in Austria and 13 years in Germany.....so it will be a big change....

and please be patient with me, my english is not that good yet but I'm working on it....lol....
miriam I think you'll find WV'ns very patient folks by and large. Assimilating into another culture is work, but hopefully there's enough to offer you that it won't be so different from where you originate. I have mixed german ancestry as well, but I'm a 3rd generation melting pot mutt and never had a toe on german soil. The closest thing to foriegn language I know is dishwasher spanish from waitress college days LOL.

I'm looking at the clock and imagining you're on your way to oktoberfest. If you're going to be in town for a while, you can direct message me and I'd be happy to have company at dinner some time. I'm new to charleston myself and welcome friends too.
Blessings,
Kelley

Old 06-26-2008, 03:48 PM

967 posts, read 2,995,212 times
Quote:
Danke,

Ja es ist sehr schoen hier....fast wie oesterreich...lol...dein english ist sehr gut....mein mann versteht deutsch aber er redet es nicht....er hat angst das sich jemand lustig ueber ihn macht....lol...

ich lerne immer noch englisch irgendwann werde ich dann alles verstehen....lol..
Ihre Kinder werden zweisprachig sein, der wunderbar ist! Wenn Ihr Mann Deutsch nicht lernt, sind die Kinder im Stande, über ihn zu sprechen, und er wird es nicht wissen.
Ihr schriftliches Englisch ist sehr gut, ich bin sicher, dass Sie keine Probleme haben werden, die hier verstanden werden.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:45 PM
BJC

336 posts, read 1,187,844 times
Miriam30. WELCOME to Wild Wonderful WV!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia