Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 06:25 PM

638 posts, read 1,848,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
I love the picture of Charleston!!! You need to add it to Charleston's page
Thanks!

What Charleston page?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 07:53 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,988,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
Thanks!

What Charleston page?
You can subbit pages to be viewed on Charleston's page.

//www.city-data.com/city/Charle...-Virginia.html

That one..

Old 09-05-2008, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
That one..
Submitted . . we'll see if it shows up, and then I might have a few more I can put up there. Thanks.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:43 AM

6 posts, read 36,194 times
Quote:
I'm just posting for the natives.
I'm a native (currently displaced) and don't know where most of these pictures are taken! LOL I love looking at them though. They're breathtaking.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandmypeas3 View Post
I'm a native (currently displaced) and don't know where most of these pictures are taken! LOL I love looking at them though. They're breathtaking.
Sorry, have a breath.

Moved to Charleston in November, have posted here, a few pics as I go . . hope to add to it with the autumn :
//www.city-data.com/forum/west-virginia/392056-photojournal-2008-a.html

Most of them are within an hour of Charleston, some a bit further, exploring. If you're ever un-displaced, let me know and I'll steer you to them -- my standard fee is a cup of coffee. Thanks for looking.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:59 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,874,752 times
Quote:
Submitted . . we'll see if it shows up, and then I might have a few more I can put up there. Thanks.
If you have more skyline shots of Charleston r601020, by all means, post more of them in here. There seems to be so few folks who take the time to take good shots of the city. We'd certainly like to see them.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:43 AM

4 posts, read 24,543 times
Quote:
I'm just posting for the natives.
Why would the natives (besides you) come here? Seems to me, the natives would already know what the place looks like.

I'm not from the area and would love to know where these shots were taken. Care to indulge me? TIA!

Old 09-18-2008, 11:19 AM

598 posts, read 2,268,419 times
Quote:
In your post #55... where exactly are these from? I'm in Florida, looking to relocate and your pics are beautiful and just what we're looking for. If you could tell me where they were taken, we would be very interested in going to these places on our future trips. Thanx for posting them!

Old 09-18-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summergal View Post
In your post #55... where exactly are these from? I'm in Florida, looking to relocate and your pics are beautiful and just what we're looking for. If you could tell me where they were taken, we would be very interested in going to these places on our future trips. Thanx for posting them!
For what it's worth, I'm originally from Florida . . when the lakes were crystal clear water with white sand bottoms, when dunes lined the oceans, and they spoke English.

Lately, I'm from Arizona.

Recommend a book called West Virginia Waterfalls, which has information on most of the major ones, though I've discovered a few un-named ones myself (not hard to do). One of them is in a gorge and I haven't figured out exactly how to get to it, yet. And in a way, that's what West Virginia is like . . the last placed called America.

So anyway, start with that book, and it gets you up and running on where things are. Although, there's a particular with the author I disagree with, as he states all the roads end in West Virginia. My initial explorations agreed that assessment. However, after naming a few waterfalls for myself, and standing in a place where a river ran clear to the Gulf of Mexico on my left, and to my right it ran to the Atlantic, I realized this isn't any end of a road, but a beginning. Here is one of Earth's cradles of life. Which explains more than anything why there's a constant war to destroy it.

If you come to West Virginia shoot me a PM and I'll help you as best I'm able, at the least I can forward the directions I've been given, "That way is shorter, this way is prettier."

From post #55

Dawdry Falls
west virginia - Google Maps

Kanawah Falls
west virginia - Google Maps

Old 09-24-2008, 05:40 AM

423 posts, read 1,236,992 times
sorry - couldn't get the picture to copy. this comment refers to post #55, bottom right picture of the old dam building along the river.

it's been a little over 25 years since i attended wv tech, but it seems to me that the bottom right picture is along the kanawha somewhere slightly south of montgomery, wv. i've been there before, but the name of the area escapes me at the moment.

Last edited by billscamaros; 09-24-2008 at 05:49 AM.. Reason: additional reference
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia