Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 07:25 PM

620 posts, read 1,838,671 times

Advertisements

Arizona Bear: So true about the plastics! I've been to Scottsdale twice and while I really enjoyed visiting it I felt so out of place! There seems to be so much emphasis on materialism and superficial things that I felt out of place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 08:17 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suecen View Post
Arizona Bear: So true about the plastics! I've been to Scottsdale twice and while I really enjoyed visiting it I felt so out of place! There seems to be so much emphasis on materialism and superficial things that I felt out of place.
Sad to say: you described much of Scottsdale in a nutshell.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:54 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,610,891 times
See I've been to West Virginia a few times and it was always such breathtaking land. I loved the countryside up by Wheeling. I wouldn't mind living in a mountain town but because of family I have to hold on for a little bit. I think the fact that West Virginia isn't always thought of as an ideal place is great! Keep it nice and rural, I wish I could say Wisconsin was still like that.

Take Care everyone and keep your beautiful state, beautiful!

Old 07-28-2008, 02:39 PM

8 posts, read 49,342 times
I am also a New Englander and feel that WV reminds me more of home then living in VA where I work. Also it is a lot cheaper to find a place here. The only reason why I think that most people do not want to live here is that everyone has the thought that WV is full of strange people, who inbreed, and live in trailers. Yes there are strange people all over the world, but WV is really no different then any other place you will live.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:53 PM

967 posts, read 2,995,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir_Abdul View Post
yeah west virginia is cool if your white...me as a black man wouldnt be caught dead in that place...
Lose the chip on your shoulder and you'll find people might just give you the time of day.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:16 PM

246 posts, read 880,501 times
I am a non native and have lived in Charleston for 29 years and i can tell you people are not friendly here.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:12 PM

312 posts, read 1,059,530 times
Back to Scottsdale: the place; by and large, is too damn plastic for my tastes (skinny bleach blondes with fake boobs and 'piano key' teeth)------I vastly prefer genuine people-------even if they are 'flawed'

My girlfriend also has the piano key teeth, unfortunately the black ones. Most of the girls in my holler have straight hair and curly teeth, jest like me. Maybe that's why people don't move here. that's ok, more girls for me. they's my cousins, so you know they's purty.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:09 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,313,572 times
citybilly: I gave you 2 points for insanity...whatsamatter with fake boobs?

Old 07-28-2008, 11:47 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,352,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moore_heather View Post
I am also a New Englander and feel that WV reminds me more of home then living in VA where I work. Also it is a lot cheaper to find a place here. The only reason why I think that most people do not want to live here is that everyone has the thought that WV is full of strange people, who inbreed, and live in trailers. Yes there are strange people all over the world, but WV is really no different then any other place you will live.
A couple of years ago we finally took the leaf peeper tour that I'd dreamed about for years. Afterwards we drove down to West Virginia. I couldn't get over how much Vermont looked like West Virginia, even down to the sugar maples.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:03 AM

18 posts, read 115,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
A couple of years ago we finally took the leaf peeper tour that I'd dreamed about for years. Afterwards we drove down to West Virginia. I couldn't get over how much Vermont looked like West Virginia, even down to the sugar maples.

Seriously? I lived in Vermont for many years and have always missed it, Id live there if I could afford it, but I cant. 3000 a year taxes and 200000$ "starter homes/handyman specials" just arent in my budget

Thinking I have found the place Im going to be wanting to live
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia