Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 10:50 PM

312 posts, read 1,060,287 times

Advertisements

Will be moving from west coast to Fairmont, at first, ( relatives there) but am curious about other areas for poss. future plans. The one thing I love about where I live now is the cool ocean breeze on my skin. Somebody mentioned Bluefield is natures air-conditioned city, so I wonder if anyone can comment on other similar places in WV. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 04:26 PM

3 posts, read 11,664 times
We are also planning to move to WV. Would like to know more about Princeton. We are just retired. Is there good shopping there? Are part-time jobs available there? Would appreciate any info.

Old 07-30-2007, 04:42 PM

6 posts, read 36,770 times
you might like paw paw -- research it.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:45 AM

2 posts, read 7,979 times
I just recently moved to Bridgeport after living in Pennsboro, WV for 11 years. Bridgeport is a very nice town with lots of conveniences and it's close to larger cities. I work in a small town that is about an hour from Elkins. Again a nice town only located in a more rural setting. Cheat Lake is great if you can afford it. Personally I wouldn't want to live right in Fairmont but there are some nice outlying areas nearby.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:18 PM

3 posts, read 9,198 times
Princeton rocks anything you would like to know i been here my whole life lots of work opportunity my husband was 25 and district manager of industrial supplies very large chain over 1800 stores, but they don't ;pay as much as cost of living is lower......best neighborhoods are oakhurst and adjurning areas or for bluefield va fincastle, i advised buying home in va for tax purposes, that's what i did. Hot spots are Mountaineer, (bar side not bowling alley side) and cowboy up, sometimes Cheers......many nudie bars if your single guy, applebees, chillis etc. and in va. if you have a four year degree you can teach w/o a teaching degree.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:23 PM

3 posts, read 9,198 times
by the way i do have comparison i lived in knoxville and myrtle beach, and someother states in area so i do have comparison. Just don't move to ohio they aren't very nice and it's just flat and uneventful. we do , just to add, get 90 degree summers and feet of snow winters (usually). email if you want more info or have school, where to work or need help getting job as i have connections or daycare schools for children, children sports etc. i'd be glad to help summergirlinva@hushmail.com

Old 08-28-2007, 08:56 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,995,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipperX74 View Post
Oh geeze Elkins? hell thats almost in Maryland. The real WV is deep down in Wyoming or McDowell.
Never been there..... Well I've drove down 77... thats about it though... I'm not sure if 77 goes through those counties or not... I don't think it does

Old 08-29-2007, 10:17 PM

38 posts, read 173,702 times
Don't forget about the northern panhandle of WV. Lots of advantages, as I have posted earlier. Moundsville, Wheeling, nice areas. Lots of shopping, with all the additions at the new Cabela's site, new super Wal-Mart in Moundsville, Lowe's in Wheeling. And you are only minutes from Pittsburgh and right across the river from Ohio. As I said in my other post, I am selling my house in Moundsville, being a widow with children who are now married, the house is too big for me, but I love the northern panhandle and will stay in the area.

Old 09-03-2007, 03:59 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,323,790 times
Citybilly, everyone in Fairmont has a second home...Myrtle Beach...Its true!
Nags Head my favorite...Oregon Inlet and the blues running...don't worry about the sand and the salt air being far away...its at Myrtle...just ask anybody...That's where everybody goes...OBX

Old 09-04-2007, 04:28 AM

240 posts, read 732,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipperX74 View Post
No as close as 77 gets is Beckley. Beckley isnt a bad town but the only jobs most can get there is service related jobs like convenience store type. Other than that you either coal mine or do underpaid construction jobs.
Although our legislators in Charleston would like to think that WV ends at Beckley, the interstate goes south all the way to Bluefield. From Bluefield, you can take Rt. 52 into McDowell Co.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia