Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 06:30 AM

385 posts, read 1,920,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
My Mom always hung clothes outside in summer. I miss that - the clothes had such a great smell to them you can't get with any dryer sheet. Personally I'm too lazy to hang clothes outside but I do miss it. Even miss driving around and seeing other's clothes hanging outside. It is such a reminder of by-gone days.
No kidding... my mom used to hang clothes out when I was little. You couldn't beat the smell of sun and wind kissed bedsheets at night!!

My husband, I swear for growing up in the suburbs is worse than a city slicker.. he says fabric STINK when they are hung outside.. I don't believe it!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 11:00 PM

862 posts, read 1,643,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millersangel View Post

If any woman under 70 walks outdoors, he whips his shirt off. He thinks he's hot. So I have to see his butt crack because of course being the dopehead he is, he's underweight and his jeans are falling off.
How would having an HOA help with this?

Old 09-02-2010, 08:07 PM

688 posts, read 1,489,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8tn4sumr View Post
We recently bought some property in an undeveloped area that is lake-front. The current owners would like to form a Homeowners Associations that would be in place for all future owners, as there are still lots available. I have no idea where to start with this. Has anyone ever done this before, and can you point me in the right direction? Any help would be appreciated.
You do what you want, none of my business, but I would stay the hell away from anything having to do with an "HOA". I'm not advocating trashed-up looking home or property or anything like that, all I'm saying is a HOA is like Naziism or Communism or some other b.s. regulatory thing that goes beyond government zoning laws, etc. You pay a helluva lot of money and invest a lot of time for a house and/or property, then some "Nosey Nellie" tells you what you can or can't do with you place, even regulate whether car has to be in garage, what color to paint your house, fan-shaped vs square-shaped (or none altogether) basketball backboards, whether you can fly American (or any other) flag (ask Donald Trump), etc. I thing HOA's are a crock of ****.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:13 PM

688 posts, read 1,489,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorpus View Post
The problems arise when the HOA (or usually, one or two individuals who end up in control of the HOA) goes beyond keeping the grass mowed. Some HOAs get involved in things like:
  • What color you can paint your house
  • The style of fence you put up
  • How many vehicles you can have on the property
  • Erection of flagpoles, ham radio towers, etc.
  • Signs welcoming soldiers back from Iraq
So the permissible activities of the HOA need to be carefully written.

I'm with HB. The hassles of an HOA aren't, to me, worth the limited benefits. YMMV.
Exactly...couldn't have said it better.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:22 PM

8 posts, read 13,488 times
Very unlikely to work. You would need consent of all property owners. Herding homeowners is like herding cats. If you had wanted to live in a community with restrictions, you should have bought property in one. You might get everybody to agree to some VERY basic rules, but one man's reasonable restriction is another's invasion of his liberty and barbarian siege of his castle. Not to mention that it all costs him money.

Old 09-03-2010, 08:23 PM

144 posts, read 317,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justplayoneontv View Post
If you had wanted to live in a community with restrictions, you should have bought property in one.
Exactly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia