Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 12:45 PM

638 posts, read 1,848,618 times

Advertisements

This is one (1) issue :

Real ID Act
REAL ID Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

re : West Virginia
January 2008

Senate Bill No. 248
sb248 intr
H. B. 3219
hb3219 intr

1) The Legislature finds that the enactment into law by the United States Congress of the "REAL ID Act of 2005", as part of Public Law 109-13, is inimical to security and well-being of the people of West Virginia, will cause unneeded expense and inconvenience to the people of this state, and was adopted by the United States Congress in violation of the principles of federalism contained in the tenth amendment to the United States Constitution.
(2) The State of West Virginia will not participate in the implementation of the "REAL ID Act of 2005." The Department of Transportation, including the Division of Motor Vehicles, is directed not to implement the provisions of the "REAL ID Act of 2005" and to report to the Governor any attempt by agencies or agents of the United States Department of Homeland Security to secure the implementation of the "REAL ID Act of 2005" through the operations of that division.

NOTE: The purpose of this bill is to provide that West Virginia will not participate in the "REAL ID Act of 2005" enacted by the United States Congress in Public Law 109-13.

- - - - -
February 2008
Charleston Daily Mail - News - Bill attacking REAL ID wins Senate passage despite long odds*
"As West Virginians, we have some tolerance of the federal government, but very little,'' the Randolph County Republican said.

June 20, 2008
The Register-Herald, Beckley, West Virginia - Byrd lands cash for Real ID project
"But the House leadership, late in the session in March, refused to send the bill out of the Roads and Transportation Committee, a panel given power over it since the idea is to work Real ID through drivers’ licenses."

June 29, 2008
The Register-Herald, Beckley, West Virginia - Real ID still being eyed by lawmaker
“A lot of people in West Virginia — liberal and conservative — are still paying very close attention to the issue. The ground war is being won against the program.”

- - - - -
I had to look up the definition : inimical
Adjective
1. adverse or unfavourable: inimical to change
2. unfriendly or hostile [Latin in- not + amicus friendly]
- - - - -

UPDATE 2-Safran makes $300 mln unsolicited bid for Digimarc unit
June 23, 2008
UPDATE 2-Safran makes $300 mln unsolicited bid for Digimarc unit | Reuters

- - - - -
Who is Safran?
SAF.PA: Summary for SAFRAN - Yahoo! Finance

Who is Digimarc?
https://www.digimarc.com/govt/

Interesting dont you think? A foreign company bidding on something that affects our national security . . i.e., Real ID! Who are these shareholders? Who are these politicians, and promoters in favor of the Real ID? Who would subvert our Constitution and then sell our national security interests to foreign nationals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
Rupert Murdock . .
August 2007
Purchased Dow Jones & Company
News Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Even though this WSJ article is actually bashing the Real ID, it's just my opinion, you could see Murdock's influence change the WSJ even before the buyout . . why I stopped reading it.

"Americans are rational. And in a post-9/11 world, they are willing to trade some freedom and convenience for more security. "
Real ID Revolt - WSJ.com

IMO: Statements like that are right out of a Fox News broadcast.

In a 2008 interview with Walt Mossberg, Murdoch was asked whether he had "anything to do with the New York Post's endorsement of Barack Obama." Without hesitation, Murdoch replied, "Yeah. He is a rock star. It's fantastic. I love what he is saying about education. I don't think he will win Florida...but he will win in Ohio and the election. I am anxious to meet him. I want to see if he will walk the walk."

Other

Rupert Murdoch brokered a "tentative truce" between the head of his Fox News network and Barack Obama at a secret meeting, according to the author of a new book on the media tycoon.
Sept 03 2008
Rupert Murdoch broked 'truce' between Fox and Barack Obama - Telegraph

Old 09-03-2008, 06:44 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,312,547 times
Some of these English Sh&THE#ds think they are royalty and can rule the world...case in point...Beatles...made good music...simple but good...got into Pot and Drugs and fell apart...what happened? They were knotted...I mean Knighted...Royal Garter and all that...gave them credentials and respectability in the Media...

then they caved in and helped change an entire generation into druggies...

Murdock? Has bigger plans...see him as the Himmler of the New World government...It's takes a Himmler...and a Ted Turner...they are all in place...

Old 09-04-2008, 06:11 AM

3,106 posts, read 7,373,763 times
Default Is Yellow Journalism alive and well

Love it - the reporting of the news has once again become the news. The mainstream TV news shows and newspapers have been and are currently getting slammed for their biased reporting. Watch the non-mainstream news.

Just give us the news and stop trying to brainwash us!!!! We want fair and impartial reporting!!!! (Guess that is a pipe dream.)

By the way:
According to a recent study by the Media Research Center, NBC News has the most lopsided pro-Obama coverage among national TV news operations. The MRC found that pro-Obama reports outnumber anti-Obama reports by 10 to one on NBC News, an amazing statistic.
https://www.billoreilly.com/newslett...A9F6?pid=24133

Yellow journalism ........ the term is used today as a pejorative to decry any journalism that treats news in an unprofessional or unethical fashion, such as systematic political bias. Yellow journalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Also http://www.mediaresearch.org/about/aboutwelcome.asp Click on some of their articles under Publications and Analysis
and http://www.mrc.org/welcome.asp

Last edited by vec101; 09-04-2008 at 06:31 AM..

Old 09-08-2008, 09:10 AM

1 posts, read 2,037 times
Quote:

Would anybody be interested in forming a 'West Virginia Democrat's for McCain Caucus?

[EMAIL="dkennedywv@lycos.com"][/EMAIL]
No. Palin lies. I was undecided before McCain picked her and that changed my opinion of him. Although I am female and would like nothing more than to see a woman as VP, her nomination insults all that I stand for and believe in as a woman and an American.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:36 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,312,547 times
Moundsville 1, I believe you have defined your 'wacko bra-burning' agenda with that one brief statement...Mrs. Palin is conservative, a mother and most of all family oriented...

If America can re-create the family, we have a chance...as of now, with the socialization of this country, chances are slim...

It was the 'Family that made this country...Swedes, Germans, Italians, Africians and everyother ethnic family oriented group...
It's only been in the past 40 years that that institution has disolved...If Mrs. Palin can do one thing right with her election to office, that will, in itself be a mile-stone...

You were not undecided...you were a champion of Hill-Bill...They were deep-sixed by the Chicago mob-0-crats who backed Obama...
Hill-Bill is gone...her last gasp is a seat at the Judiciary...that is the only thing that can keep them out of jail...
Vince Foster may be dead, but his spirit lingers on in the FBI and CIA files...

Change? the American people want a real change...or enough 'Spin to believe it is change for a while...

bra's are coming back....

Old 09-08-2008, 07:35 PM

Quote:
bra's are coming back....
You are so alienating me from the cause . . cause' I'm all for equal toplessness.

News at 11

re: mainstream media regarding Republicans and Democrats missing the deadline to file a presidential nominee for the ballot in Texas, which, by law, disqualifies them from being on the ballot in Texas. Crickets . .

I've been thinking, probably the easiest thing to do in his situation is update the website, eh?
Election Code (http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/statutes/el.toc.htm - broken link)

re: mainstream media regarding lawsuit filed 08/21/08 challenging Obama's eligibility to run for office. Process served 09/24/08. Crickets . .

Old 09-08-2008, 10:00 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,989,661 times
I'll burn a bra, and a jock!!!

I think if we don't burn a few more there isn't going to be a country left for my generation to have. The generations before us have screwed it up royally. It is time for CHANGE! Not the same old crap that has been going on. We need to be an accepting country, a realistic country, and a prosperous country. We've had 8 years of reflublicans now we need 8 years of democratic rule to counterbalance. Otherwise we're going to continue to fall further and further down the crapper.

For some reason the elephants are having a hard time of doing that, especially Palin. What you want to practice in church is wonderful, but keep your church views and beliefs out of the govt. Those that would argue "good Christian values" well I call BS... values are values. I don't see how they are somehow magical because they're attached to Christianity. In my ed. psych. class we had a section on values and morals. Some are universal like you shouldn't steal, or hurt people, etc. You're also entitled to an opinion about gays/lesbians and same sex marriage, abortion, etc. But that is just an opinion. Nothing more and nothing less. The bible is not the basis for our constitution.

Last edited by GottaHerdOn; 09-08-2008 at 10:09 PM..

Old 09-09-2008, 12:34 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,780,145 times
Please note-
1. I pointed out what a strawman argument was, and the post that followed it was... a strawman argument. The closer people can stick with facts, the more informed decision they can make.

2. Both DK and snorpus failed to share their reasoning for supporting McCain. Presuming I'd argue still leaves everyone less informed about legit reasons for a candidate.

3. If I must wear a bra, I won't get any more dates walking around krogers frozen food section with a tube top on. What's a gal to do? :::batts eyelashes:::

Yes, it's bra less chicks who were the bane of democracy, nay, civilization itself. Not cronyism, corporate domination of our government, fiscal retardation, not the ever widening gap between haves/have nots, not domestic violence, dead beat dads, stoners or peter pans still out looking for themselves. Did they ever get clear? Indeed, the entire military industrial complex quakes in its boots powerless against radical extremist mammary glands.

Yes, DK, I understand. Patriarchal societies, naturally, are all a womans fault. Wives will be blamed for their husbands infidelity, for his inability to support a family, for her stay at home stance (welfare mom, lazy good for nothing bum), and also for 'abandoning' her family to put meat on the table. I saw it growing up, and I see for some folks, things never change because they're hell bent on keeping it that way.

McCain going with a burqa plan now? hahahahaaaaaa
What on EARTH are you drinking?

Old 09-09-2008, 12:37 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,780,145 times
GHO I'll vote for you if you can find the strawman arguments. I vote by merit, not party lines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia