Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 03:16 PM

306 posts, read 1,243,400 times

Advertisements

OMG i want to get up to that state pen..one day..man i was hoping to make it by the end of oct..boy that place looks wicked even in the day time......

i have been surfing some sites on ghosts tours and spooky adventures..have anyone been to any of these it doesn't matter just as long as in WV..

I do have a question...i am getting 'confused' the 4-h haunted camp i have seen advertise in Forest Hill..is that like a subdivision or an actual town..someone told me it's like 30min. from Fayetteville..and when i pull it up on mapquest as a town it's more like 1h 15min. toward sandstone.....does anyone know what i am talking about and can help me out..Ds is interested and we mite try and tackle it this Sat.nite...................

Oh yea got to stay at cabin 13 in Babcock Park..yep our friends did and they said u can feel the uneasiness of that spirit..they found this info out on the internet of hauntings...............LOL I'll stay in cabin 4 instead..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 03:19 PM

107 posts, read 361,224 times
Forest Hill is just outside of Hinton and before you get to peterstown.Its just a small community and its alot more than 30 min from fayetteville lol...It is sponsered by the 4-h and is alright as was last year. There is many tours in greenbrier county including the best one I have been on near oregon cave in caldwell outside of lewisburg

Old 10-24-2007, 03:27 PM

843 posts, read 2,747,965 times
Which state pen? Moundsville? I went to the haunted house several years ago and it was kind of lame (the players acted like they didn't care) but the property is spooky looking in and of itself. I couldn't imagine what it would have been like to live in one of the houses that stood mere feet from the grounds. I'd like to do the day tour eventually as it's more in depth and I've been told that it's well worth the time & effort.

There's a prison in Mansfield, OH where they filmed Shawshank and I think they do some tours.

I've seen both of these places worked over by TAPS on episodes of Ghost Hunters

Old 10-24-2007, 05:07 PM

yepper Moundsville........their website is EERIE.........Yes i am very much in doing the Day time tour..ah heck i'll mite as well jump in and do their nite one too..just mite not be around to tell about it.......LOL

Old 10-24-2007, 06:41 PM

2,429 posts, read 7,238,167 times
The Wetzel Chronicle is publishing a 3-part ghost story, set in New Martinsville. Part 2 just came out today.

Part One (broken link)
Part Two (broken link)

The Greenbrier Ghost is a tale of a ghost giving testimony at a murder trial. Read about it here and here.

Snorpus

Old 10-25-2007, 04:13 AM

240 posts, read 732,492 times
Check out Lake Shawnee. Located just outside Princeton. ABCFamily's Scariest Places on Earth did a segment on this abandoned amusement park.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:47 AM
BJC

336 posts, read 1,188,218 times
We took the walking ghost tour in Harper's Ferry one year at this time of year. It was nice. Might be a bit far from F'ville.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:04 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,317,255 times
Snorpus: It's Friday..I'm hooked on the riverboat ghost story (and we have a lantern story here in our neighborhood that I will share later) Will we see part 3 or must we subscribe to the Wetzel Chronicle...I bought a copy in September...is a weekly and a very good one..Just what a newspaper should be...thanks

Old 10-26-2007, 08:43 AM

2,429 posts, read 7,238,167 times
DK,

The 3rd part should be online next Wednesday (the Chronicle publishes on Wednesday); I'll put up the link as soon as I see it. Usually they update the webpage around noon.

I've been trying to figure where the story is going to... is the Captain the apparition??? Is she??? Does she see him, but hear later that he had already died in a boiler explosion??? Guess we have to wait till Wednesday!

Years ago, there were two papers in Wetzel County, the Wetzel Democrat and the Wetzel Republican. Guess the economics (or the politics) changed enough that there's only one paper now.

Snorpus

Last edited by snorpus; 10-26-2007 at 09:39 AM.. Reason: corrected typo

Old 10-28-2007, 03:21 PM

waitin for Wed............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia