Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2008, 08:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,829 times

Advertisements

Need to know who has or who knows where to get work in or near weston, wv i am a skilled worker in the construction trade i am moving to weston on oct 1 and would like to have a job when i get there, am bringing the wife and kids so i definetly need to work, if anyone can help me please send me an email at natedog0729@yahoo.com

thanx again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 07:51 AM

3,106 posts, read 7,357,194 times
Construction - Heavy or building? If building - Commercial or Home? Union, non-union, or doesn't matter?

Hope someone here can direct you to a company. If not.....

In another thread, someone just posted a link to an article about the shortage of skilled workers for building construction in Morgantown. (Weston is about 45 minutes from MoTown).

There's also a shortage of workers in the Heavy Construction industry. Chances are you won't find the company to work for in Weston and the work would be all over the state. You may have to stay away from home during the week. Are you interested in a job away from home all week?

Look in the newspapers Dominion Post (Morgantown) and Charleston's Daily Mail or Gazette (on Sundays they combine to produce 1 paper The Sunday Gazette Mail). Chas papers Help Wanted are online. Don't know if Dominion Post is online. Clarksburg also has a newspaper but I forget the name.

It's not uncommon for someone who lives in Weston area to work for a company based in Charleston. You may be working anywhere in the state.

I'd also look in the net and the white pages directory on the net and just send in a cold resume.

You also may want to look at the FBI Fingerprint complex in Clarksburg/Fairmont. I'd think they may have jobs you may be interested in depending on your area of expertise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia