Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 06:26 PM

938 posts, read 2,889,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
But when some poster who clearly knows jack about Ohio says Morgantown is better than anything Ohio has to offer, well yes, I will call him out on it.
Ok...but what if the guy's genuine opinion is that Morgantown is a nicer place to live than anywhere he's been in Ohio? Because that's my honest opinion, too. And if your honest opinion is that there are nicer places in Ohio than Morgantown, I'm not going to get bent out of shape about it and tell you that your opinion is unequivocally wrong because *I* say so. It's your opinion...and not everyone likes the same things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 07:01 PM

413 posts, read 934,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinton Bound View Post
As the self appointed Appalachian Air Marshall, I accept your service, however, I think Herd already has that position.

As I routinely use the copious iron deposits in my head for navigation, I recommend you for the position of Bombadier/Navigator. Are you familiar with that thingie with all the lines and dots and such... I think it's called a map or something...? From the air, I have hard time finding that big purple state with the words MICHIGAN across it.
I am an excellent navigatrix.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:40 PM

967 posts, read 2,987,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtgirl View Post
I am an excellent navigatrix.
Quod vos narro Latin pariter!

Old 04-09-2009, 09:29 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,605,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUPharm2007 View Post
You implied that another poster's opinion was invalid for no other reason than that they disagreed with you. In fact, you claimed that his opinion was laughable. Maybe people don't want to live in a "progressive" big city. Hence, that poster thinks Morgantown is a nicer place to live than anywhere in Ohio. And I agree.

Uh...yeah...I do...

So you go around quoting census data for no apparent reason? Do the people at the video rental store wonder why you keep telling them random population figures of arbitrary cities in Ohio?

I look bad now? Yeah, ok. Exactly who died and made you the judge and jury of the universe?

It bloody reeks of it. Any time a person describes a city as more "progressive" it's what I sense...it is what it is. Just read the post. It's ridiculous.

No, but I hear them all the time in "progressive" Columbus, Ohio. ALL the time.

Ok, that's your opinion. You can say WV is a crap hole for all I care.

Fella, I've spent entire summers in Columbus and Cleveland with various relatives. I spent a good portion of my life there. I know more about Ohio than I really want to know. I just don't like it there.

I never see people saying "hi" to each other in major Ohio cities...of which I've spent plenty of time in, mind you. I'm not sure why you think I "don't know anything of Ohio cities." I do. I just don't like them. That's my opinion. Not everyone will have the same opinion as you. You need to learn to deal with it.
I have have dealth with your opinion the whole time, thats not a problem. Once again, read my post. I realize this site is for opinions.

LOL yes, you sure know so much about Ohio. You are contradicting yourself to no end here. You say that I am questioning the census bureau, and once again, where in my statement am I doing that? LOL keep adding nonsense to my posts.

So when you say Morgantown is better than Ohio's cities, then wouldn't you be "reeking" of that big nasty city attitude? I mean thats what you are trying to say here.

So when someone doesn't say hi to you, it attomatically makes it a bad place to live? Sorry, but I hate to tell you, you can find rude people in just about every city in the U.S. (wait no, probaly every city). I just got back from NYC, and was suprised to see a driver in a van throw a drink on a taxi because he cut the driver in the van off.

So when you hear people say West Virginia/Kentucky jokes in "big" city Columbus, guess what, they say them in Pittsburgh, Philly, Chicago, Indianapolis, Atlanta, Miami, Milwaukee, St. Louis, etc etc etc. I travel a lot, its not just WV jokes either, they are Mississippi and Alabama ones as well.

Ok great for you, you spent lots of time in Ohio you mention that as if there were no tommorow. So much time including summers and plenty of other times, you still do not live here, and I still believe you lack a lot of knowledge about Ohio. I don't care if you like Ohio or our cities. It was the whole subjective matter behind the one posters comment. Yes, I could careless if he stated his opinion, but I would expect anyone from any other state to stick up for their state if they feel that something being said was wrong.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Ok...but what if the guy's genuine opinion is that Morgantown is a nicer place to live than anywhere he's been in Ohio? Because that's my honest opinion, too. And if your honest opinion is that there are nicer places in Ohio than Morgantown, I'm not going to get bent out of shape about it and tell you that your opinion is unequivocally wrong because *I* say so. It's your opinion...and not everyone likes the same things.
Alright, then why did you feel the need to start bashing Ohio like you did? When I first posted my very first comment, I never bashed West Virginia, you on the otherhand did to Ohio. Its the whole way you reacted to my comments...

Old 04-09-2009, 10:31 PM

938 posts, read 2,889,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
Alright, then why did you feel the need to start bashing Ohio like you did? When I first posted my very first comment, I never bashed West Virginia, you on the otherhand did to Ohio. Its the whole way you reacted to my comments...
Because, simply, I don't like any of the major Ohio cities and you seem to think having the opinion that living in Morgantown is better than living in Ohio is a ludicrous position. Don't act like I "started it", there, chief.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:56 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,733,488 times
arrrgghhh dissent among the ranks! <spits chaw>

Must I dispatch a band of marauding liberals from my moose lodge flotilla to quell the ire of beavercreek denizens?

Soul be skerred, the bludgeoning blows of relentless unwaivering pity!!
Repent, wretch! before drunken do gooders bearing freshman psychology, sally struthers children relief fund campaigns and ramp are unleashed!!!

Old 04-10-2009, 04:04 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,971,066 times
You don't want us marauding liberals to settle this.... We'll make everyone sing Kumbaya

7 times....

Old 04-10-2009, 07:30 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,733,488 times
hahahhaa GHO... kill em with kindness!!!

Old 04-14-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Because, simply, I don't like any of the major Ohio cities and you seem to think having the opinion that living in Morgantown is better than living in Ohio is a ludicrous position. Don't act like I "started it", there, chief.

Woah! lol I never said living in Morgantown over anything in Ohio was crazy! You would be the one saying that and assuming that. I said it doesn't compete with what Ohio cities bring to the table, for obvious reasons; population, economics, history, etc. Your the one who is taking everything too far because you think I am trying to make Ohio sound better or something. Once again, for the third time, go back and read my post, my very first post I said how nice of a state West Virginia is. Wow lol sorry my big city attitude is getting in the way here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia