Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 04:58 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,313,572 times

Advertisements

I'm telling you....all these kooks who tried to give Sara Palin a bad name for her high morals are at it again...after calling the Mayor of Huntington a fatso and the lady walking in front of him o bease...
NOW! the turkeys are getting mistreated just before Thanksgiving...Please...Please don't kill them...even if they do belong to someone else..and the turkey butchers need a payday to enjoy the holiday day...

What will it be next week or next month...somebody with a gun in Wv will discharge it in the middle of the night and wound Santa Claus or at least a reindeer...

and I'm waiting for New Year...what will the 'tar brush be for that one...do these newspaper people get paid for writing this crap?

Next we will be letting the Turkeys vote, get on welfare and marry...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 05:02 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,374,458 times
Saw that in USA Today and on the Chas news.
I just can't even comment on it.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:05 PM

Indirectly...this is an assualt on the strong pockets of moral diversity left in the USA...We are one of the strongest...they can't let us survive, we might influence the next election...

Old 11-19-2008, 05:21 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,374,458 times
OK I watched the Peta video at Boombox - Powered by Modavox, Inc.T or goto wowktv.com look for the article then click on the Peta video.

First off, I can't believe they had an undercover agent at the turkey farm.
Couple of the things were over the top (talking about the broom handle down the throat) and they may have gotten some sympathy from me but...

watching the video, I couldn't help but wonder what our ancestors would have thought. Video showed the cruelty of killing turkeys by twisting their necks (didn't our ancestors do this or chop off their heads)? Then in the video they commented on throwing the birds to each other and in cages instead of nicely handing them to one another. Bet our ancestors are rolling around in their graves laughing.

Grandpa used to butcher cow by slitting its throat - good thing he is not still around or Peta would be after him.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:43 PM

2,429 posts, read 7,236,021 times
We used to keep chickens... had a little coop up on the hill behind the house. Provided enough eggs for us, and the occasional Sunday dinner.

I can remember them running around the yard, headless after the ax did its job. Then into the tub of hot water to get all the feathers off.

Works for me. Gotta remember to pick up a turkey this week, so he/she will be thawed by next Thursday.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:43 PM

4,954 posts, read 8,950,320 times
Next, the evil state of WV and it's obese, cruel people will be found to be the major cause of global warming. Thus we will be solely responsible for the rise of the oceans and any extinctions that result. I probably better stop there because I don't want to give the AP too many story ideas.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:45 PM

2,429 posts, read 7,236,021 times
Speaking of global warming... didn't I see a headline somewhere in the last week or so that 2008 will go in the record books as one of the coolest years in several decades.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:53 PM

That wasn't a headline...was an English PR and got smothered quite quickly...there is a reason Al Gore turned the job offer down...a good one...

I predict news-junky Hillary WILL NOT get the Sec. of State post...Bill offered to 'Bare All for her...We do not have that much time...and they( the IN Power DEMS) do not want to give her a platform for 2012....want to bury her very deep...Watch for it next week in the rags...

Old 11-19-2008, 05:55 PM

404 posts, read 1,188,044 times
Last night, when I went out to gather eggs and feed the chickens, I was attacked by our rooster. He didn't like my hat. I think he thought it was a weird bird trying to get his hens! Anyway, tonight when I fed the chickens and gathered eggs, I told him about the Turkey Assault and he behaved much better!

On a more serious note....as a farmer, that farm needs to hire people who aren't so disturbed! It's sick. Twisting their necks is more humane than chopping of their heads with an ax. If you have the strength in your hands. If you don't believe me, come visit my farm and I'll show you. But the broom stick? That is horrible!

Old 11-19-2008, 06:10 PM

967 posts, read 2,995,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharedspirit View Post
Last night, when I went out to gather eggs and feed the chickens, I was attacked by our rooster. He didn't like my hat.
I'd like to see that hat....LOL What the heck kinda hats do you wear? I can only picture one of those types that old black ladies wear to church.

PETA would really like everyone to forget what happend right at their HQ in Norfolk, VA... Seems in an effort to demonstrate how "humane" they are, they'd go to the local pounds and adopt the dogs about to be euthanized. They then killed them themselves, and were caught dumping the bodies in a dumpster. Dog Politics: Better Off Dead - PETA On Shelter Dogs

~Mark
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia