U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 01:40 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,025,111 times

Advertisements

While I was browsing the internet, I happened to come across the following links. Across from City Hospital in Martinsburg, behind Martin's Landing is a large piece of vacant land...for now. "Martinsburg Town Center" is a proposed development that is, well, huge. Please feel free to click the links below for more information.

Martinsburg Town Center (http://www.martinaia.com/Martinsburg%20Town%20Center.html - broken link)

Greenbelt Station Towne Centre (http://www.martinaia.com/10.html - broken link) (Misslabeled, This is still "Martinsburg Town Center")

P.S. This is an open thread to anyone who would like to write in their thoughts about this proposed development. Also, if you have any further information about the development please write in as well. Thanks! mmccul
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 02:07 PM

234 posts, read 739,924 times
mmccul,

I seen that online as well and was curious. That area is within city limits, I know that parcel was previously owned by AH Land Development. AH has since went bankrupt and I believe all of their property was liquidated. I am not sure how old that "Martin Architectural Group" plan is and if it was prepared for AH or someone else.

I was out on that part of town the other week and seen a for sale sign on the property, so it may no longer be in the works. That would be a perfect project for that parcel of land.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:59 PM

Absolutely, if you look at other projects that they have completed, they seem to be pretty high class. This must be a fairly new project since no press releases have been made about it yet. Maybe somehow they can get their own exit at milemarker 15 on I-81 since this center will have over 600 res. units (600 units x 3 people per unit = 1800 people, not including hotel, retail, offices, etc.) Having an exit 15 for that project would definitely relieve all of that traffic near City Hospital. I hope this thread will really grow, I'd like to hear some thoughts and points of view from various members.

Last edited by mmccul; 01-06-2009 at 04:34 PM..

Old 01-06-2009, 04:56 PM

2,429 posts, read 6,703,352 times
Don't expect much to happen until there are at least signs that the economy is improving.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:13 PM

I don't think we will see an exit 15 because the neighboring property to this is the proposed 'Living Room' church complex, then after that is the state road shed, and then exit 16.

As snorpus said this is a large 'town center' project with involves office space, retail, and housing all of which are very slow right now with the economy. I could see this project maybe in 5 or so years.

The project I see starting first is 'Meridian Pointe' It is actually larger than Martinsburg Town Center.

Here is some info: Meridian Pointe, West Virginia

Meridian Pointe is off of Edwin Miller Blvd and will consist of 400,000 sq ft of office and retail space, townhouses, apartments, and condos. This project plans to extend "Lutz Ave" to the new Raleigh Street extention (By Walgreens and the Coast Guard facility) and the amount of residences I believe is to be over 1,000. This area was annexed into the City of Martinsburg and a TIF district was created to help fund the new roads. A stop light is currently being installed for this project along Edwin Miller Blvd.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:25 PM

Thank you for the link. Meridian Pointe and Martinsburg Town Center do appear to have similarities between them. I remember The Journal stated that there would be a hotel there, too. As previously stated, the economy does put a roadblock in front of them. However, someday when the economy does bounce back, they'll try to build them (if they hadn't already). Plus, rather the economy is good or bad a year from now, these projects should be built one at a time to allow for improved sales. When Martinsburg Town Center does get built, I hope it doesn't become like it's neighbor Martin's Landing.

Last edited by mmccul; 01-06-2009 at 06:36 PM..

Old 01-19-2009, 12:18 AM

7 posts, read 16,068 times
I hope this happens soon.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:51 PM

2,819 posts, read 9,668,911 times
Wow! I used to play there as a kid. Used to be the Old Sencindiver Farm.
Can still remember Ms Sencindiver (God Rest her Soul) sitting on her front porch on what is now drug ally or Martinsburg Landing.

So, they want a "Town Center" surrounded by Medical buldings, a hospital, and an apartment complex that made the news here in Atlanta dubbed "The Shooting Gallery" Hey good if they want to make something nice, but they first need to correct the engineering nighmare, which is now the Exit 14 intersection, and bring the local law boys in to clean out the Landing.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:54 PM

2,819 posts, read 9,668,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD35 View Post
I don't think we will see an exit 15 because the neighboring property to this is the proposed 'Living Room' church complex, then after that is the state road shed, and then exit 16.

As snorpus said this is a large 'town center' project with involves office space, retail, and housing all of which are very slow right now with the economy. I could see this project maybe in 5 or so years.

The project I see starting first is 'Meridian Pointe' It is actually larger than Martinsburg Town Center.

Here is some info: Meridian Pointe, West Virginia

Meridian Pointe is off of Edwin Miller Blvd and will consist of 400,000 sq ft of office and retail space, townhouses, apartments, and condos. This project plans to extend "Lutz Ave" to the new Raleigh Street extention (By Walgreens and the Coast Guard facility) and the amount of residences I believe is to be over 1,000. This area was annexed into the City of Martinsburg and a TIF district was created to help fund the new roads. A stop light is currently being installed for this project along Edwin Miller Blvd.

Would this be the old GM properties?

Old 01-19-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
Would this be the old GM properties?

No, Meridian Pointe is not the former GM facility grounds. Meridian Pointe property is located behind the DMV on Edwin Miller Blvd and extends to near the US11 intersection; where the new Raleigh Street extention is proposed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
View detailed profiles of: